You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 21 minutes ago at 1:20pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

As a Celtic fan I hope he comes nowhere near us, we've done nothing but ruin Irish lads careers in recent times and we're doing it to Connell, O'Connor and Afolabi right now.  

Possibly Scales too, but hopefully not! I think Mc Grath would be best advised to look to a top half Championship team now, rather than Celtic, which is a club in transition.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 59 minutes ago at 1:42pm
We've a good prospect at left back in Montgomery.  Scales is a decent player but I can't help feel the €600,000 fee was Dermot helping out Rovers with his other money!  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
John Nice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 48 minutes ago at 1:53pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

We've a good prospect at left back in Montgomery.  Scales is a decent player but I can't help feel the €600,000 fee was Dermot helping out Rovers with his other money!  

Hopefully not, I have been particularly disappointed with Afolabi as I had high hopes for him after the Toulon tournament but he appears to have fallen off a cliff, not even getting game time at Ayr. Any insights into that?

Connell has lost his place in the Irish U21 set up and O'Connor has really gone backwards judging on recent U21 performances. The lack of a proper reserve league in Scotland seems to be a big issue, but why did they take these lads on in the first instance and what was the story with Okoflex, did West Ham pay money for him?
Idah Dream!
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 24 minutes ago at 2:17pm
Oko Flex left on a free, Afolabi had a decent run last season with Dundee but hasn't had a kick for the first team. We've a B team in the Lowland League now which will help but O'Connor has just had loan spells and not a kick either.  We bought him with Frimpong and he got his chance and took it.  Connell played some pre-season in 2020 and looked class, never gave him a kick after that!  A few of us have joked that we've become anti-Irish the way we've treated these lads.  It would actually depress you.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic