You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 25>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Any word on his injury

Out for their next 2 games. Expected back for their game against St Johnston 6th Nov.
๐Ÿ‘
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 10:51pm
Great news - both for our upcoming games and also his transfer prospects in January. A long term injury at this point in time would have been a disaster for him.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm
Straight back into the starting XI having recovered from his injury, great news for us Clap
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:30pm

Gerrard is a big fan.

Could see him being drafted into Villa Park.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:31pm
Big game for him tonight. If he has another good window then I think there will be a lot of interest in him I'm sure. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 4:30pm
Wasn't it Middlesbrough he nearly went to in August? Chris Wilder there now, could be a very good move.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Gerrard is a big fan.

Could see him being drafted into Villa Park.

He was linked with Watford before. I doubt Gerrard would follow through on any interest, though. He has a much larger budget to play with now and McGrath is not someone who'll tantalise their fans.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Wasn't it Middlesbrough he nearly went to in August? Chris Wilder there now, could be a very good move.

Yeah Middlesbrough tried to sign him and when it didn't happen Hibs came in on the final day and tried to sign him. Think Wigan had a 300k bid rejected for him during the summer too.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:30am
Jamie played well last night.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 7:21am
good first half, still seems a touch lightweight. Would be great see him step up a level at club. Championship prob the next step for him. Surely heโ€™s worth more than 300k? 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 7:50am
Not sure I get the hype - he's a hard worker and fits in but he doesn't do anything special. Not especially skilfull or quick and he may have scored for St Mirren but doesn't look like scoring at int level. But he's done okay and Kenny trusts him so I'll back him. I just hope we get another level of player at some point; a really talented CAM with skill and a killer pass  and an eye for goal is what I dream of.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:50am
Agree with others that he doesn't look like that great at this level. We had Robinson, ogbene and mcgrath play as the more advanced players and they you could see that Robinson was the only forward threat. 

We struggled to play the ball forward and you could only call mcgrath and ogbenes performances as workmanlike. 

We'll be better with Kilkenny and knight as they are technical 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:37am
Think that is very harsh on McGrath personally. He wasn't as good last night as he was in Faro but I still really like him and think he is technically quite good. 

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:45am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Think that is very harsh on McGrath personally. He wasn't as good last night as he was in Faro but I still really like him and think he is technically quite good. 

You would really wonder about some of the comments on here. Do lads not watch the games or have such a short memory that they can't recall very good individual performances from games in the past two months? 

McGrath played well but wasn't a stand out performer last night. He has been a really good addition to the squad. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:49am
I thought the same in his previous games tidy, hard worker but not much of a threat. Good squad addition and maybe he can go to another level with a move but really I'd rather see Knight who is a goal threat, playing at a more competitive level and has a higher ceiling.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I thought the same in his previous games tidy, hard worker but not much of a threat. Good squad addition and maybe he can go to another level with a move but really I'd rather see Knight who is a goal threat, playing at a more competitive level and has a higher ceiling.

Think a few are doing the lad a huge disservice, he is clearly playing very effectively to instruction, pressing high up, but also getting back to assist his midfield when needed. Its a role that requires tactical discipline and not one for a show pony. I have been very impressed with his maturity and composure and I'm looking forward to seeing where he ends up post January, he is certainly capable of playing at a higher level than St. Mirren. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get a good Championship move.
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Very hard for him to be a threat though. His role is completely different to that of Ogbene's. There were times when we broke and it would only be through Robinson or Ogbene because McGrath had covered so much of our the back 2/3s of the pitch. Whenever McGrath gets on the ball in the opposition third, the opposition are always in their defensive shape. Hence why McGrath was involved in some nice little link up in tight corners in the first half with Stevens and Robinson. 

Watching the game back and listening to Houghton's commentary, he highlighted a few times how Ogbene was leaving a lot of gaps in his positioning on the right hand side. There were no such concerns on McGrath's side. Seriously disciplined.

I thought he did work tirelessly and made the most of the space he had but didn't get into those pockets where he could be a little more creative or pick out a pass. 

Really rate this guy. I would like to see him against Luxembourg when we are on the front foot but it is competitive. There's an argument for dropping him and/or Ogbene. We will surely see Idah start and then it could be tight between McGrath, Ogbene and Knight, and maybe even Will Keane. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 4:31pm
Scores.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 25>
  Share Topic