Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***JAMES NOLAN R.I.P.***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 11:52pm
jaysus only seeing this now, will post it in the facebook page of a polish burd I met from this city and ask her to spread it round her mates
Sponsored Links

SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 12:57am
Was talking to his pals earlier in Poznan they are very upset. Please god we will get some good news.
boskee View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boskee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 1:03am
I fear the worst, to be honest. He was captured by CCTV at 1:46am on Sunday, walking towards Bydgoszcz cathedral alone. If he was drunk, it's likely that he fell into the river. I can't really imagine why he would travel to Berlin. Even if he lost his phone/cash and didn't know how to get back to his hotel, he would probably go to the fanzone in Poznan instead of taking a train to Berlin. I hope they find him alive, but it doesn't sound good.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 1:28am
Really cant believe this. I just hope by some miracle he shows up safe and sound. 
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 1:31am
Doesn't look good at this stage but you never give up hope, this really does put a huge dampner on the overall trip.

ceannaire View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceannaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 2:35am
I hope that James is found soon. His family must be absolutely devastated. I'll say a prayer for him and his poor family.
Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 4:21am

This is the pub where he was last seen, might help somebody remember something.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 6:34am
Really hope theres some positive news on this soon I'm praying for James.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:14am
Pretty worrying stuff. Hope hes ok
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
rads View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:48am
It's a very sad story indeed... let's hope he's alright, just confused and lost somewhere, but alright. I am a Pole, so I can help you guys translate Polish live commentary or other news if you want.

I also advise that those of you guys who were in those cities (Bydgoszcz, PoznaƄ) after he'd gone missing (or still are), watch your mobile/camera pictures closely in search for James standing or passing by somewhere in the background or in the crowd. Such photographic material would help the local police a lot.
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:51am
Doesn't look good at this stage but still hoping.

http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 9:05am
Hopefully he will turn up and there will be some kind of explanation my thoughts and prayers r with him and his family
Gallowgate 67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallowgate 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 9:12am
Can't stop thinking about this chapafter I read his notice on one of the prter loos on monday in poznan square ..praying for miracle end...
BDGPL View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDGPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 9:25am
In Bydgoszcz, everyone knows about James. I think no one is indifferent. We keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
MJ74 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 9:29am
Dear all,

regarding the missing fan, there is a thread in a polish newspaper which is being updated "live"

http://bydgoszcz.gazeta.pl/bydgoszcz/1,35590,11967746,Trwaja_poszukiwania_irlandzkiego_kibica__na_zywo_.htm

for translation just use http://translate.google.com/     , simply copy/paste the news. 

My and my family prayers are with him. 

Best,

Marcin 

Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 9:46am
Please god he is found safe and well. His poor friends and family must be beside themselves.
whats the story man View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whats the story man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 10:21am
This is terrible, I hope the wee lad is found safely. Had my little 7 year old boy with me and held on to him for dear life after hearing this first. Prayers for James and his family that he turns up safe.
Lord Mayor of newry
MJ74 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 10:35am
Very bad news as per http://bydgoszcz.gazeta.pl/bydgoszcz/1,35590,11967746,Trwaja_poszukiwania_irlandzkiego_kibica__na_zywo_.htm

20 min ago: " Divers have found a body in the Brda River. The Police confirms ( unofficially for the moment ) that is is the body of the missing Irishman James Nolan. 

R.I.P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
  Share Topic