Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

What mysterious injury will Wigan pick to rule James out for this weekends game

I kinda think he won't give 2 hoots. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hopefully, was looking forward to Norwich Vs Burnley. Would be a cracking game of football.

Have a feeling it maybe pulled like all sport this weekend .

Schedules are tight as is can they afford to call off all games for the next ten days. Championship teams be f**ked with them also taking a break for the WC group stages.

Funeral likely next weekend too so could be two game weeks off.

That would mean no Premier League or Championship games until October because of the international window, two Premier League and three Championship game days lost. Would be very hard to claw that back with the World Cup taking up a good few weeks as well.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 9:12pm
It’s like a faux grieving competition with the weird ****s LOL
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 9:42pm
Wears the black armband, stands in silence for the minutes silence so the knuckle draggers have a pop at him because he wasn't linking out of his team mates in the centre circle.

Also got the assist for the winner.

Edited by J89 - 13 Sep 2022 at 9:42pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 10:54pm
Massive support for him by the Wigan fans.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 11:52pm

Wears the black armband, stands in silence for the minutes silence so the knuckle draggers have a pop at him because he wasn't linking out of his team mates in the centre circle.

Also got the assist for the winner.
I'm no McClean fan by any means but the fuss people are going to this evening looking to be offended by him is ridiculous. Stood there, head bowed and wearing a black armband and people are calling him out for not linking arms.
Doesn't help on the other hand that the flag waving chest thumping republicans are looking at the same picture and trying to make out he's some kind of hero and that he's being deliberately disrespectful. 

Conducted himself impeccably from what I can see and still can't win 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 6:01am
Wigan did. Up to eighth in this ultra tough league that they were widely predicted to struggle in and with a game in hand over most of those above them. McClean has been in great form for them so far this season.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 7:01am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Massive support for him by the Wigan fans.
Yeah fans singing his name after the final whistle. Great to see 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 9:24am
He wore the black armband. That should be the end of the matter.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

He wore the black armband. That should be the end of the matter.

Correct, listening to RTE the last few days, you would think we should all be royalists. No dissenting voices allowed! While she may very well have been a nice woman, she was the figurehead of an institution, which was part of a war machine that behaved abominably not just in Ireland, but around the world. Her efforts in latter years to build bridges was welcome, but no Irish person should be made feel under any obligation to doff the cap.
Idah Dream!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 10:16am
Given McClean’s sentiments, there is no question it was a big step to wear an armband which symbolises the death of a Monarch. There may well be other players around the leagues who will take the opportunity to let the colour of their jersey camouflage the fact they aren’t wearing it, and rely on the lack of media attention (comparative, at least to McClean) to do the rest.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 10:21am
Well it's less than 2 months until 11th November so he'll be back to being the hate figure for not wearing a poppy.
The dark side.. And the light
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 11:33am

Given McClean’s sentiments, there is no question it was a big step to wear an armband which symbolises the death of a Monarch. There may well be other players around the leagues who will take the opportunity to let the colour of their jersey camouflage the fact they aren’t wearing it, and rely on the lack of media attention (comparative, at least to McClean) to do the rest.

Surprised but glad he wore it. I just couldn't hack it if he hadn't. 

I assume some day he will share with us that he stood away from his colleagues as he was not bowing his head or standing in silence for the same reason as the rest of them. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

I assume some day he will share with us that he stood away from his colleagues as he was not bowing his head or standing in silence for the same reason as the rest of them. 

Probably paying his own remembrance to the memories of the children who were slaughtered in his home city and had nailbombs planted on their dead corpses to make it look like they were part of the IRA. Well, that's what I imagine.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Well it's less than 2 months until 11th November so he'll be back to being the hate figure for not wearing a poppy.

Not amongst Wigan fans anyway.

Not 1 single Irish player provided any support to McClean when he needed it.  Yet, last night Wigan fans were very vocal in their support for him and fair play to them too.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Probably paying his own remembrance to the memories of the children who were slaughtered in his home city and had nailbombs planted on their dead corpses to make it look like they were part of the IRA. Well, that's what I imagine.

That was what I had in mind but didn't feel the need to draw it out or articulate an assumption on James' behalf like you did. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 14 Sep 2022 at 2:49pm
SunlunBhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunlunBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 5:16pm
Massive respect to James, from a Sunderland and Celtic fan. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 11:42am
Some good crosses and an excellent delivery from the corner for our goal from the much-maligned one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 460>
  Share Topic