You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 395396397
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 2:41pm
Hourihane definitely a worry given that Kenny seems set on him. No game time in 4 club matches. Strikes me as a confidence player too, so sitting on the bench a big worry. 
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 3:13pm
brilliant run and assist from James .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Bbc says it was tyrese Campbell with the cross and assist... 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 3:37pm
James just scored for Stoke.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

James just scored for Stoke.
BBC said it was Tyrese Campbell. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 3:43pm
and he scoresπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 4:12pm
Strange that he doesn't make the squad one week and then starts the game the next week.

Reminds me of the other O'Neill who dropped Keogh and then starts the game as captain the next game

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 4:28pm

Assist of an assist! My favourite Clap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Strange that he doesn't make the squad one week and then starts the game the next week.

Reminds me of the other O'Neill who dropped Keogh and then starts the game as captain the next game
There's all sorts of squad rotation across the divisions. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:43pm
He was injured last week.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:46pm
Really? didn't know that, he's very rarely injured, and when he is injured, he still plays!

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Sometimes the assist of the assist is more integral to a goal, than the assist itself.

The amount of times the assist of the assist is the defence splitting ball to the player who just puts the assist on a plate for the goalscorer. 

More to a goal than whoever touched the ball last before the goalscorer. The idea that some assists deserve the term "assist" is often hilarious. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Sometimes the assist of the assist is more integral to a goal, than the assist itself.

The amount of times the assist of the assist is the defence splitting ball to the player who just puts the assist on a plate for the goalscorer. 

More to a goal than whoever touched the ball last before the goalscorer. The idea that some assists deserve the term "assist" is often hilarious. 

However banjaxed... however! You fail to mention the importance of the assist to the assisting assist. Which for me holds even more importance the the goal itself

Edited by Left foot - 24 Oct 2020 at 8:44pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I wear a neck mask

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:57pm
Everyone wants to know whether McClean is in O'Neills provisional squad
Now willing to engage with idiots for a short period of time.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Everyone wants to know whether McClean is in O'Neills provisional squad
Think they're looking to take on temporary staff for the Christmas period at the warehouse in Strabane, alright

Short enough commute from the Creggan so he should be in for it
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

However banjaxed... however! You fail to mention the importance of the assist to the assisting assist. Which for me holds even more importance the the goal itself

Everyone knows the assist to the assisting assist means nothing. I'll die on the "assisting an assist" hill.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 395396397
  Share Topic