You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 465>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

May be in League One, but he's at a club that love him, a manager that rates him and an international manager that rates him too.  Too many had dismissed him as being finished.  He's always been a good player, playing under the bitter fud that is Michael O'Neill was destroying him.  

He was his own worst enemy at Stoke towards the end and only had himself to blame for the fallout with O'Neill and his departure from the club. He'd still be playing at a higher level for a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League if wasn't acting the bollocks.

His 19/20 season under O'Neill was arguably his best season in England since his debut season for Sunderland. He was voted club player of the year.

O'Neill rated him very highly but theres only so much a manager can take of a player thats forever going against you and the club.
The man, and his family, have been subjected to a vile and sustained sectarian hate campaign for many years now. But of course, it is all just bollocks initiated by him. 

what's that got to do with O'Neill?
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 4:15pm

May be in League One, but he's at a club that love him, a manager that rates him and an international manager that rates him too.  Too many had dismissed him as being finished.  He's always been a good player, playing under the bitter fud that is Michael O'Neill was destroying him.  

He was his own worst enemy at Stoke towards the end and only had himself to blame for the fallout with O'Neill and his departure from the club. He'd still be playing at a higher level for a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League if wasn't acting the bollocks.

His 19/20 season under O'Neill was arguably his best season in England since his debut season for Sunderland. He was voted club player of the year.

O'Neill rated him very highly but theres only so much a manager can take of a player thats forever going against you and the club.
The man, and his family, have been subjected to a vile and sustained sectarian hate campaign for many years now. But of course, it is all just bollocks initiated by him. 

You mean to tell me that wearing a Germany jersey on SM doesn't justify sectarian abuse towards him and his family? Confused

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 18 Oct 2021 at 4:16pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 4:21pm

What does that have to do with his fallout with O'Neill / Stoke and the reason for him leaving the club???

O'Neill and the club backed him and supported him against the abuse.

The reason he he fell out with O'Neill and the club was because he breached Covid guidelines and was unavailable for games due to having to isolate. He then went against the clubs medical team advise and his manager instructions to play for Ireland in March gone with a fractured foot that hadn't yet healed. He was in a boot until the day of the Ireland camp, didnt train in over 5 weeks, had light training with Ireland and then played 3 times in 7 days inc a full 90 against Qatar. Went back to his club and was ruled out for the rest of the season.

Thats whys he was acting the bollocks.

Edited by Bandwagon - 18 Oct 2021 at 4:22pm
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 5:31pm
Loyalty to your country is acting the bollocks now?  Thank f**k you weren't in the GPO in 1916!  
A club can stop a player going on international duty can they not?  That was also last season, their treatment of him in the summer was pretty shoddy.  As he said when he left: 

It's always been the case that if I feel I’ve got the backing of a manager and I feel appreciated, that’s when I play my best football.

That’s shown over the years, and just speaking to the manager, I feel really wanted here and that’s key.

Last season was very tough for me but I just want to get back playing

Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 5:34pm

What does that have to do with his fallout with O'Neill / Stoke and the reason for him leaving the club???

The reason he he fell out with O'Neill and the club was because he breached Covid guidelines and was unavailable for games due to having to isolate. He then went against the clubs medical team advise and his manager instructions to play for Ireland in March gone with a fractured foot that hadn't yet healed. He was in a boot until the day of the Ireland camp, didnt train in over 5 weeks, had light training with Ireland and then played 3 times in 7 days inc a full 90 against Qatar. Went back to his club and was ruled out for the rest of the season.

Or the fact that when he returned to Stoke after that window on April 1st, he was on the bench for them April 2nd and played for them Apr 5th. Was obviously fit and good to play  in Stokes eyes, so your analysis that he was acting the bollocks, is in fact bollocks. 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Or the fact that when he returned to Stoke after that window on April 1st, he was on the bench for them April 2nd and played for them Apr 5th. Was obviously fit and good to play  in Stokes eyes, so your analysis that he was acting the bollocks, is in fact bollocks. 

Played 14 minutes and re aggravated his injury having gone against his managers and medical teams advice to play for Ireland. It was one thing to turn up and play for Ireland but 3 game in 7 days inc 90 minutes in a friendly is taking the piss and played a big part in his failure to recover.

Had he given the games a miss it would have been an extra 2 weeks recovery. 3 including the game he was on the bench for on his return. 8 weeks total. The time frame he was expected to have recovered for.

MICHAEL O’NEILL EXPRESSED his frustration over James McClean’s involvement in the Republic of Ireland’s recent fixtures after revealing that the Stoke City winger’s season is probably over.

McClean looks set to miss his club’s six remaining Championship fixtures, having suffered a recurrence of the heel injury that he originally picked up in February.

Despite not making an appearance at club level for five weeks, he played three times for Ireland in the space of seven days. Substitute outings in the defeats to Serbia and Luxembourg were followed by a start – and a goal – in the 1-1 friendly draw with Qatar.

After returning to Stoke, McClean came off the bench to play the final 14 minutes of Monday night’s loss at home to Millwall. However, his manager doesn’t expect to have him available again this season.

“James’ heel injury is still giving him a problem,” O’Neill Stoke City FC’s official website this afternoon. “He hasn’t been able to train since his brief cameo appearance for us on Monday and I’m disappointed with that.

“Clearly we didn’t want him to go away on international duty and firmly believe that has hindered his recovery, and we’re basically now back to square one in terms of where James is at with injury.

“It’s something that unfortunately we weren’t able to stop and we’re very disappointed [with] how he was handled whilst he was away on international duty.

“I don’t envisage that James will be available to play again for us this season.”

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 5:53pm

Loyalty to your country is acting the bollocks now?  Thank f**k you weren't in the GPO in 1916!  
A club can stop a player going on international duty can they not?  That was also last season, their treatment of him in the summer was pretty shoddy.  As he said when he left: 

It's always been the case that if I feel I’ve got the backing of a manager and I feel appreciated, that’s when I play my best football.

That’s shown over the years, and just speaking to the manager, I feel really wanted here and that’s key.

Last season was very tough for me but I just want to get back playing

Thanks I really needed that laugh, f**king hell the rubbish some spout on here LOLLOLLOL
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

You mean to tell me that wearing a Germany jersey on SM doesn't justify sectarian abuse towards him and his family? Confused
Good god are you for real, nothing and I'll say it again nothing justifies any form of sectarian abuse be it wearing a Germany Jersey or not wearing a poppy..... No justification whatsoever..... 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Good god are you for real, nothing and I'll say it again nothing justifies any form of sectarian abuse be it wearing a Germany Jersey or not wearing a poppy..... No justification whatsoever..... 

No, no I'm not for real. I thought my sarcasm would of been very easy to  pick up on! And yes, I completely agree with you....

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 18 Oct 2021 at 6:58pm
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Played 14 minutes and re aggravated his injury having gone against his managers and medical teams advice to play for Ireland. It was one thing to turn up and play for Ireland but 3 game in 7 days inc 90 minutes in a friendly is taking the piss and played a big part in his failure to recover.

Had he given the games a miss it would have been an extra 2 weeks recovery. 3 including the game he was on the bench for on his return. 8 weeks total. The time frame he was expected to have recovered for.

MICHAEL O’NEILL EXPRESSED his frustration over James McClean’s involvement in the Republic of Ireland’s recent fixtures after revealing that the Stoke City winger’s season is probably over.

McClean looks set to miss his club’s six remaining Championship fixtures, having suffered a recurrence of the heel injury that he originally picked up in February.

Despite not making an appearance at club level for five weeks, he played three times for Ireland in the space of seven days. Substitute outings in the defeats to Serbia and Luxembourg were followed by a start – and a goal – in the 1-1 friendly draw with Qatar.

After returning to Stoke, McClean came off the bench to play the final 14 minutes of Monday night’s loss at home to Millwall. However, his manager doesn’t expect to have him available again this season.

“James’ heel injury is still giving him a problem,” O’Neill Stoke City FC’s official website this afternoon. “He hasn’t been able to train since his brief cameo appearance for us on Monday and I’m disappointed with that.

“Clearly we didn’t want him to go away on international duty and firmly believe that has hindered his recovery, and we’re basically now back to square one in terms of where James is at with injury.

“It’s something that unfortunately we weren’t able to stop and we’re very disappointed [with] how he was handled whilst he was away on international duty.

“I don’t envisage that James will be available to play again for us this season.”

Well if he wasnt fit why did Stoke train and play him, then turn around and blame the player.. Cant have it both ways 👍
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:17pm
Scores.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:12am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Lovely goal by McClean: https://twitter.com/LaticsOfficial/status/1452177816775274496?s=20

Excellent goal just watched it on Quest the pundits were full of praise for him.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:32am
What a difference when you’ve a manager who believes on you. Class player brilliant goal.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 3:21pm
Big man scores again, left footed volley. Four in four I believe. Wigan are playing 3-4-1-2 with McClean at WB and Keane as the advanced midfielder behind the strikers.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 3:35pm
The goals have been very good goals too, how have his performances been? I know he's been subbed in a few games but always seems to be in and around the goals of late. 

Is it a case that he's too good for league1 but just not good for the championship? 

Still good to have him available for ireland squad either way

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:29am
Wigan's player of the month.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Wigan's player of the month.

And HB's man crush of the century 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 465>
  Share Topic