Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 407408409410411 460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:12pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:17pm
He should be strung up for that. Completely unnecessary.LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:23pm
can’t believe Arron Connolly liked it. That combined with his hair means he is wasting his life and needs to be dropped ASAP.  
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

can’t believe Arron Connolly liked it. That combined with his hair means he is wasting his life and needs to be dropped ASAP.  
He probably got cramp liking it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:51pm

If he liked an Instagram post of his international team mate smiling he most likely liked the Brighton bombing as well

Disgraceful behaviour

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Apr 2021 at 12:51pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:04pm
There is doubtless a gunboat en route to the Irish Sea border even as we speak.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If he liked an Instagram post of his international team mate smiling he most likely liked the Brighton bombing as well

Disgraceful behaviour

LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:06pm
Anyone know what his recent Instagram post is in relation to?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:21pm
I noticed the word "racist" come up a lot in articles on places like the BBC and Guardian in relation to Arnautovic's controversial celebration against North Macedonia.

It's weird how when players like Alan McCormack, Paul McShane and James McClean get the same abuse on the pitch, the media are loathe to use the dreaded r word and any racism is downplayed or swept aside.

I mean, Arnautovic and the people he abused, and McCormack, McShane and McClean and the people who abused them, all share the same skin pigmentation. So how come racism is called what it is when Arnautovic directs it at Alioski, yet whenever a British player directs racism at an Irish player their media refuse to properly acknowledge it?

And you wonder why some people don't see the point in taking a knee.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 15 Jun 2021 at 2:46pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 2:10pm
You’re right, it’s not consistent. Both have a religious element.

Some of Arnoutavic’s responses could have come straight from the “taking the knee” thread:

"Let's forget about it, it's not part of football."

"I would like to say one thing very clearly: I AM NOT A RACIST! I have friends in almost every country and I stand for diversity. Everyone who knows me is aware of that."

Edited by DeclanDaly - 15 Jun 2021 at 2:10pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:42pm
Because the racist abuse of James McClean was ignored at times, and badly handled at other times, does not mean any future racist abuse directed at other players should also be ignored.  Its not that difficult and please don't try and make it so.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Because the racist abuse of James McClean was ignored at times, and badly handled at other times, does not mean any future racist abuse directed at other players should also be ignored.  Its not that difficult and please don't try and make it so.

McCormack and McShane were both racially abused on the pitch within months of the take a knee movement starting. Roy Keane had his accent mocked on live TV not long before that.

Has British football taken satisfactory steps to stop racist abuse towards Irish footballers in such a short period of time before this movement started? We'll see in a month's time, shall we, when McClean gets his latest batch of death threats and hate mail.

The British media on one hand labels Arnautovic's actions towards Macedonian players as racist while mitigating racist abuse of Irish footballers.

Why is this? Arnautovic's words are rooted in the same kind of thinking as those leveled towards the aforementioned Irish players.

Ian Wright's mockery of Keane's accent plays on deeply embedded, malicious stereotypes.

Does anyone honestly think he could go on TV and mock an Albanian or Macedonian's accent?

Anyways. When someone like Jay Rodriguez says Gaetan Bong's breath smells and John Terry does his "you people" act and the word pikey is thrown around freely, I'm sure they'll continue to get the benefit of the doubt and innocent until proven guilty routine while they continue to hunt and scapegoat 10-year-old trolls online.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

This is also correct
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:05pm
I see James McClean has donated more money to the NHS than the Queen. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

And then there's the taxpayers money that goes to the Royal Family instead of the NHS. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I don't think the Queen donates money directly to charity so I've probably donated more to the NHS than the Queen! 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 8:27pm
Looks as though mccleans future is away from Stoke, reports suggest he's looking for a new team and has been excluded from the Stoke preseason squad.

Likely.to drop down a league to league 1 in my opinion 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Looks as though mccleans future is away from Stoke, reports suggest he's looking for a new team and has been excluded from the Stoke preseason squad.

Likely.to drop down a league to league 1 in my opinion 

L1 are you mad? Hes not dropped to that level or anywhere near it.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 407408409410411 460>
  Share Topic