You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352 460>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The Matic case is interesting. I think Matic took control of the story and managed it in such a way that he knew it would be difficult to get the media, and the fans riled up about it.

Also, the conflicts relevant to McClean and Matic’s case were very different on a lot of levels and strike at public consciousness in different ways. 

The big differencee is the IRA went to England with bombs and had units over there causing mayhem especially in the 70's although the 80's and 90's were bad enough as well. The UK public know all about the IRA and many of the older generation have 1st hand knowledge of attacks on English cities. The Serbian conflict happened so far away and there were no attacks on English cities by any insurgents.
My own experience is that a lot of people know little about it. That is, they know of the IRA and hate them, but many haven’t a notion why they were bombing England. I was shocked by how ignorant many were of it.
Anyway, that’s an aside! There is some truth in that, but it was certainly handled differently by the media. Given that the poppy has come to mean patriotism and not remembrance, to the point where British newsreaders receive death threats for not wearing one from about now, the fact that Matic’s decision went unheralded was about more than an ignorance of the Yugoslav war. 
As Brexit has shown us, there is still a lot of ignorance here for their neighbours. In my experience, there is little to no hatred of the Irish, but often very little knowledge, even with the cabinet!

Fair point. Anyways can see McClean starting tomorrow night and thinking he gets a bit of an unfair time. Top scorer in the squad and the last campaign and had a decent game against Georgia last time. A fully fit firing Brady should be ahead of him but at the moment McClean deserves to be starting.

What's on tomorrow night?

Ireland vs ARGENTINA
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:46pm

The Matic case is interesting. I think Matic took control of the story and managed it in such a way that he knew it would be difficult to get the media, and the fans riled up about it.

Also, the conflicts relevant to McClean and Matic’s case were very different on a lot of levels and strike at public consciousness in different ways. 

The big differencee is the IRA went to England with bombs and had units over there causing mayhem especially in the 70's although the 80's and 90's were bad enough as well. The UK public know all about the IRA and many of the older generation have 1st hand knowledge of attacks on English cities. The Serbian conflict happened so far away and there were no attacks on English cities by any insurgents.
My own experience is that a lot of people know little about it. That is, they know of the IRA and hate them, but many haven’t a notion why they were bombing England. I was shocked by how ignorant many were of it.
Anyway, that’s an aside! There is some truth in that, but it was certainly handled differently by the media. Given that the poppy has come to mean patriotism and not remembrance, to the point where British newsreaders receive death threats for not wearing one from about now, the fact that Matic’s decision went unheralded was about more than an ignorance of the Yugoslav war. 
As Brexit has shown us, there is still a lot of ignorance here for their neighbours. In my experience, there is little to no hatred of the Irish, but often very little knowledge, even with the cabinet!

Fair point. Anyways can see McClean starting tomorrow night and thinking he gets a bit of an unfair time. Top scorer in the squad and the last campaign and had a decent game against Georgia last time. A fully fit firing Brady should be ahead of him but at the moment McClean deserves to be starting.

Ireland vs ARGENTINA

Is it      LIVE          on        ESPN   ARGENTINA?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 9:46pm

Ireland vs ARGENTINA

It is LIVE on ESPN   ARGENTINA    and     EL   LOCO
     BIELSA     IS    on  commentary
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 10:33pm

Ireland vs ARGENTINA

It is LIVE on ESPN   ARGENTINA    and     EL   LOCO
     BIELSA     IS    on  commentary

Are you taking the piss out of me?Cry
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 3:47pm
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/james-mcclean-awarded-63-000-over-being-falsely-called-a-super-provo-1.4022454

McClean awarded 63k for above. Fair play to him, hopefully might shut a few mouths up. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 3:52pm
No doubt he will give it to charity too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 3:54pm
And his jersey to Martina Anderson.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

No doubt he will give it to charity too.

Yeah he may do.. and people don't hear half of the good he does. Top lad in that respect. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 5:49pm

Not quiet sure what your angle is here
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I think she’s  a divisive politician. I just happen to think it’s a bad choice.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:19pm

she is a very proud Irishwoman

Edited by mully_85 - 18 Sep 2019 at 6:20pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:24pm

Right so, if it was any other member of SF would the answer be the same ?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:34pm
She’s total cringe
And I’m a lifelong SF voter
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 7:03pm

Right so, if it was any other member of SF would the answer be the same ?

Probably. In fact, most politicians.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 10:01pm
Watching the stoke vs Forest game and I have to say mccleans delivery of crosses has actually improved, I mean none of his crosses met a stoke player or caused Forest any problems but they hardly ever went straight out for a goal kick. 

And he got a consolation goal.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

she is a very proud Irishwoman

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 12:12pm
James will find himself in a no win situation with this.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/15/red-poppy-used-remember-civilian-victims-for-first-time

Edited by horsebox - 17 Oct 2019 at 12:12pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 12:50pm
Ah yes, remembering all those poor native savages that have fallen victim to "war" (but really colonial conquest) over the course of British military history, how noble of them.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352 460>
  Share Topic