You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 460>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 5:58pm
Isn't it that footie and FIFA banned politics in football? what if ....and just IF....some fellow wears a shirt of a certain Ernesto Guevara-Lynch under his club team and shows it everytime he scores?
Sponsored Links

Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

Isn't it that footie and FIFA banned politics in football?
Only banned if the powers-that-be don't like your politics. Made appallingly clear in the treatment of fans displaying of Palestine flags as opposed to those displaying Israel flags.

Now if McClean could make an argument that the poppy was somehow anti-Semitic, it'd be gone in a day.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:55pm

James McClean hits back after Fianna Fail election ...

James McClean hits back after Fianna Fail election candidate brands him divisive
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/james-mcclean-hits-back-after...

1 day ago · Republic of Ireland footballer James McClean has hit back at a Fianna Fail local election candidate who branded him "divisive"

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:11pm
I think we all like James, but he really, really needs to give up Twitter. The other fella is some no-mark who is trying, with a little bit of success, of making a name for himself.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:43am
I'm not sure this time. He has overstepped the line in the past, but this was an unwarranted attack from someone trying to generate controversy, and James' response seemed funny rather than angry. 

The only thing I'd tell him is to lay off the Shinners reference. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:15am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I'm not sure this time. He has overstepped the line in the past, but this was an unwarranted attack from someone trying to generate controversy, and James' response seemed funny rather than angry. 

Why? because you don't like them?

He has been pictured with SF members numerous times and his supported them in the past.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

It was an unwarranted attack by someone who knew he would reply! Shooting fish in a barrel.

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 May 2019 at 10:43am
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:12pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 3:16pm
Must be a big match on tonight.

McClean looking for attention again.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 4:00pm
He's dead right but in fairness he courts a lot of it
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 4:07pm
His digs at Raheem Sterling come across terribly and undermine his own point. He is correct to call 'Kick It Out' out, they seem to be confused as to how to deal with the situation as it doesn't fall within their guidelines.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

His digs at Raheem Sterling come across terribly and undermine his own point. He is correct to call 'Kick It Out' out, they seem to be confused as to how to deal with the situation as it doesn't fall within their guidelines.

Won't do him any favours either. I've a feeling it wasn't how he meant it to come across but it was poorly worded.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Won't do him any favours either. I've a feeling it wasn't how he meant it to come across but it was poorly worded.
No, I would be certain it wasn't, but it was very  badly worded. He comes across as a fool, even though he is 100% right. That can be a difficult thing to achieve.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 6:37pm
Comes across terribly in that, actually sounds like a racist himself. Reads like he's trying to belittle the racism black players face based on the fact he also receives abuse...
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 9:11pm

i like mcclean a lot but this was the first thought i had, cringeworthy stuff unfortunately, comes across very poorly
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If it was a black lad, would you say that?
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 6:26am
Eric Howsbawn was talking about the end of nationalisms and that is so. Mcclean is right there is an anti Irish sense in the UK society. I know it and I'm far but I worked with plenty of English people to understand their cockyness and sense of superiority. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If it was a black lad, would you say that?

I agree 110% with not wearing the poppy etc but going on twitter and saying ''this is my favourite song'' - the Broad Black Brimmer of the IRA, is attention seeking and obviously going to wind up people in the UK.  That's bringing on a lot of agro unnecessarily.  

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 460>
  Share Topic