You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 465>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Darren Moore seems to like him anyway, if he is appointed (and they would be mad not to do that) James is as well off staying where he is, he'll play every week. Move to some other EPL struggler who will inevitably lose games, and he will probably be chopped & changed and have plenty bench time. 

Only thing is, if he has a relegation clause & reduction in wages, he might seek to move on from a financial point of view, and ya couldn't blame him for doing that either. He is 29 too, so probably aware that it is likely that any next move is going to be his last 'big' contract, though I think with his dedication to fitness & teetotal lifestyle, he will play on for a good few years after that in any case. 

Is McClean teetotal aye?
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:46pm
yes 
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 3:53pm

Darren Moore seems to like him anyway, if he is appointed (and they would be mad not to do that) James is as well off staying where he is, he'll play every week. Move to some other EPL struggler who will inevitably lose games, and he will probably be chopped & changed and have plenty bench time. 

Only thing is, if he has a relegation clause & reduction in wages, he might seek to move on from a financial point of view, and ya couldn't blame him for doing that either. He is 29 too, so probably aware that it is likely that any next move is going to be his last 'big' contract, though I think with his dedication to fitness & teetotal lifestyle, he will play on for a good few years after that in any case. 

Surely he’s worth ten fortunes now. His house was broken into and he had a £26,000 watch stolen. 

I would hope that playing regularly in a team with the potential to fire out of the blocks would be worth more to him than adding zeroes to his bank account. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Surely he’s worth ten fortunes now. His house was broken into and he had a £26,000 watch stolen. 

I would hope that playing regularly in a team with the potential to fire out of the blocks would be worth more to him than adding zeroes to his bank account. 

Why would you expect him to put your interest in watching him play at a particular level ahead of his own interest to set himself and his family up as well as he possibly can?
We're decent enough..
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Why would you expect him to put your interest in watching him play at a particular level ahead of his own interest to set himself and his family up as well as he possibly can?

Because he’s a footballer. He got to where he is by chasing balls, not chasing banknotes. I’d imagine his family down to his great grandchildren will be very comfortable with what he has earned so far. 

I’d have no respect for any player who plays a lesser game just to earn more money. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:27pm

Because he’s a footballer. He got to where he is by chasing balls, not chasing banknotes. I’d imagine his family down to his great grandchildren will be very comfortable with what he has earned so far. 

I’d have no respect for any player who plays a lesser game just to earn more money. 

The last sentence sums your whole argument up. I'll repeat, why would James give a flying f*** about earning your respect? He is his own man with his own motivations. To suggest that he should be taking your, or anyone elses, sensibilities into account is nothing short of comical.
We're decent enough..
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:29pm

The last sentence sums your whole argument up. I'll repeat, why would James give a flying f*** about earning your respect? He is his own man with his own motivations. To suggest that he should be taking your, or anyone elses, sensibilities into account is nothing short of comical.

I don’t think that he cares about me, as an individual he has never met, respecting him. But I’d hope that some of our values would align.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:32pm

And even if McClean was the biggest mercenary in club football, who gives a bollocks as long as he's dedicated (as he always is) and does well with Ireland. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:34pm

I don’t think that he cares about me, as an individual he has never met, respecting him. But I’d hope that some of our values would align.

What values? Is the value of doing the absolute best that you can by your family not equally important to any you have espoused? To me that's a very respectable value.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:35pm

EmbarrassedLOL 

He's a professional footballer ffs. 

Why don't you ring into liveline and moan to Joe about it because that's the type you're coming across as mate.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:35am

What values? Is the value of doing the absolute best that you can by your family not equally important to any you have espoused? To me that's a very respectable value.

The value that a professional footballer, for whom money should not be an issue, would focus on playing the best football, with the most starts and minutes and greatest challenge, rather than sitting on his arse on a bench week in week out because it brings more money. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:25am

The value that a professional footballer, for whom money should not be an issue, would focus on playing the best football, with the most starts and minutes and greatest challenge, rather than sitting on his arse on a bench week in week out because it brings more money. 

That doesn't sound like a "value" at all; perhaps a broad-stroke preference at best. If anything, it just sounds like you're prejudiced against the idea of earning the most money you can, which is a strange stance, particularly considering it has no effect whatsoever on you.
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:48am
Values me arse, what a load of sh*tE TALK!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:56am

That doesn't sound like a "value" at all; perhaps a broad-stroke preference at best. If anything, it just sounds like you're prejudiced against the idea of earning the most money you can, which is a strange stance, particularly considering it has no effect whatsoever on you.

Personally speaking, given the work I do, I could change job and would have no problem earning at least 50% more, I would have much more pressure, I would have less day to day interaction with colleagues and would see my kids less due to longer hours. 

As it stands, I’m happy with the money I earn, I don’t want for anything important, and the additional income isn’t worth the negatives. I know some people need to fight for every last cent, but I’m not one of them and I’d be surprised if James is.

I reiterate, given the fact that he already has the money to buy watches costing tens of thousands, I’d be disappointed if he put financial compensation ahead of regular competitive football at as high a level as possible. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:59am
I believe the phrase I'm looking for rhymes with 'clucking bell'.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You make a strong point in the most articulate manner, but I don't think you have convinced me otherwise. Try some other rhymes instead and see if you can improve.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:37am
How dare a man factor in his earning potential and taking care of his family for the rest of their lives when thinking about his wages in his final "big" contract.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 465>
  Share Topic