James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 460>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: James McClean
    Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:24pm
Looks pretty sharp tonight. 

I have no doubt he'd be the first lad to say yes if the new manager asked him to come out of retirement if we were badly stuck.

I'm not advocacting for his return either but it's lovely to see him do well and it's a decent move for him  Clap

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 6:45am
All things must pass. The James McClean era might be over but the legend will live on. One of the Magnificent Seven with 100 or more international caps to his name and a player who has absolutely deserved all the plaudits he has been getting. Fit enough still to extend his playing career for another few years.
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:37pm
Back in June of 2017, my twin sons had the opportunity to accompany the Ireland team on to the field at Met Life Stadium for a friendly against Mexico. My one son was paired with David McGoldrick, who was very chatty and smiling the whole time.  My other son walked out with James, who wore the captain's armband that night.  He was all business, stern look and all.  He asked my son one question, "Do you root for Ireland?". " Yes",  my son said, "They're my favorite team."  The slightest grin and a nod from James, "Good lad."
All the best, James.  Class act.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:32pm
He gave us two of the great away days in Vienna and Cardiff, and for that I'll always be very grateful. Great servant, he'll be missed. I've a feeling we could well see him in the away stand in future mind
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Damien Dempsey has written a ballad in his honour! A great tribute to the great man 

ClapCool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 5:30pm
Damien Dempsey has written a ballad in his honour! A great tribute to the great man 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:51pm
What a jolly nice bloke
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:49pm
Always gave 100%, and stuck to his principles off the pitch. We won’t see too many like him again. A model-pro and a great human-being. Thanks Jamesie, all the best ClapClapClap 

Edited by Fitz - 21 Nov 2023 at 10:50pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:38pm
His goal in Cardiff to beat Wales was one of my favourite moments watching Ireland in the flesh. Will never forget Vienna either. Thanks for the memories James  
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I must admit to being emotional seeing James comig off tonight. He is a credit to his family, Creggan and Derry City. As a Derryman to see one of our own pulling on the green shirt for over 100 caps was thrilling. I will never forget his pride in playing for his country and no doubt in years to come many a pint will be bought in Derry to the ol boys regaling stories about James McClean. I wish him all the best for the future. A top man.
I've been critical of some of his performances but never doubted his commitment, determination and passion in green. Congratulations James and Goodnight Vienna.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:16pm
I must admit to being emotional seeing James comig off tonight. He is a credit to his family, Creggan and Derry City. As a Derryman to see one of our own pulling on the green shirt for over 100 caps was thrilling. I will never forget his pride in playing for his country and no doubt in years to come many a pint will be bought in Derry to the ol boys regaling stories about James McClean. I wish him all the best for the future. A top man.

Edited by Stickittotheman - 21 Nov 2023 at 10:16pm
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:11pm
Just a top bloke! 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:09pm
Am blinded by James' teeth. 

Lovely interview 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:37am
Slightly strange interview. Says he is not retiring because of his body. He says he is as fit as ever.
He seemed peeved to be left out of the last squad.  Wouldn't surprise me if he comes out of retirement.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:21am
Your international career has to come to an end at some time. You can't keep getting selected especially if you move to a league as poor as League 2. 
Can't have it both ways
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:20am
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Hopefully McClean given the captaincy this evening for services to Ireland. If not, would say more about the manager than about him.

absolutely right.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:49am
Hopefully McClean given the captaincy this evening for services to Ireland. If not, would say more about the manager than about him.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:02am

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

A man who has endured years of vile sectarian threats and screaming abuse from the terraces, and is not cowered or silenced, is anything but childish. Not that he gives a f**k what the keyboard warriors think about him.

he definitely does care, as referenced by his many instagram posts sniping at some of his abusers
Now that sort of sh*te there does wind me up. Call it out and all but not if you're Irish is it? Calling out people on whatever platform for sending death threats to his family, threatening to burn his house down with his family in it and the countless other abuse he and his family went through is not "sniping". 

The comments from Irish supporters around his abuse is harder to understand that the abuse itself.
Im southern Irish, Im afraid it is some of my fellow southerners who are triggered by uppity northerners.

Hahaha f**k off 
A prime example.

You are at the wind up. My comment is more derison at your attempt to wind up than anything else.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 460>
  Share Topic