You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 246>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:37pm
Still no sign of him. I don't think he's injured or out of favour. He must be taking his father's passing very badly.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Still no sign of him. I don't think he's injured or out of favour. He must be taking his father's passing very badly.

I wouldn't be surprised if he'll look for a loan move to Scotland to be closer to the family in January
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he'll look for a loan move to Scotland to be closer to the family in January

Good signing for Celtic but not happening. 

1. Wages
2. Dogs abuse from sectarian fans which is rife in Scotland 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:13pm
More likely to get dogs abuse from his own fans if he signs for Celtic these days 
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

More likely to get dogs abuse from his own fans if he signs for Celtic these days 

I read Tony Cascarinos book..... CELTIC fans are a tough audience. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 11:51am
James mccarthy back on the Crystal Palace bench today. Really good to see that he's taking steps forward after a tough time
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 4:19pm
He did well to avoid playing in that Liverpool game. Should be back in the first team sooner rather than later.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:30pm
Played 70 minutes in the cup tonight. Good to see him back in the team after a tough time for him. Can still play a big part in our campaign all going well.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 10:32pm
Newcastle reported to be preparing a bid, Burnley also keen. West Brom, Sheffield Utd and Celtic as well but presumably he'll be tempted by the best offer and that's likely to come from one of the first two mentioned.He's said to be on £50k a week at present with Crystal Palace.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Newcastle reported to be preparing a bid, Burnley also keen. West Brom, Sheffield Utd and Celtic as well but presumably he'll be tempted by the best offer and that's likely to come from one of the first two mentioned.He's said to be on £50k a week at present with Crystal Palace.
he’s on a 3 year deal at palace - with 18 months @ 50k a week to run Im not sure why any of the mentioned clubs would come up with a deal that works for James / palace - a 30 yo whose injury prone. Do Newcastle pay that money?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:01am
He won't cost much in terms of transfer fees. Those clubs can offer him a longer contract than the 18 months he currently has at Palace. All apart from Celtic can afford the wages if they decide he is the man they want. Celtic probably just hoping they can get him on the cheap if he wants to go home to his family in Castlemilk.

Burnley seems a likely destination to me, Newcastle also a possibility, Hendrick is on similar money there. It sounds like crazy wages for two average enough players but "Premier League Experience" counts for a lot and both if them have tons of it. Would be tougher for West Brom and Sheffield United because everyone knows they're going down in the summer unless the season is declared null and void.
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:13am
The real question is why would we be so sure Crystal Palace will part with him? He was a mainstay until the time out after his father's passing so it is not a sure thing Hodgson would let him leave.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Wes_Wanderers Wes_Wanderers wrote:

The real question is why would we be so sure Crystal Palace will part with him? He was a mainstay until the time out after his father's passing so it is not a sure thing Hodgson would let him leave.

Would agree with this, 

He was playing regularly in the starting 11 for palace before the his fathers passing and didn't look like injuries were getting the better of him 

Palace aren't exactly in a position to ignore him as his performances were good.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:43am
Even the fans bemoan how much they miss him on Twitter. I’d be shocked if they got rid of him a decent player still. 

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Jan 2021 at 10:47am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 12:02pm
Re his contract, I think it expires at the end of June, which would give him less than six months left on it. Not 100% sure on that but it would explain the noise on the grapevine. Steve Bruce is a long time admirer who tried to sign him two or three times before, Sean Dyche I think likewise. Allardyce rates him very highly, as does Lennon though Celtic's interest predates him. We can probably rule out Sheffield Utd given their current position.

Edited by Green Cockade - 11 Jan 2021 at 12:03pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Palace aren't exactly in a position to ignore him as his performances were good.

Also, its not part of Palace's culture to let players go easily, when they have a clear role to play, and both parties want to stay put. Palace don't ditch players at the end of their contracts like others do. They see perpetuity in players, and I am almost certain McCarthy will fall into that category.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 1:27pm
He hasn't made the impact in his career I would have hoped but he's a player that you won't notice him when he's playing but really miss him when he isn't! A bit like Harps legend Gareth Harkin!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 6:30pm
Starts today for palace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 246>
  Share Topic