You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 246>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:03pm
Came on at HT v Bournemouth for 10 man Crystal Palace. Got booked.
The only way is up
Sponsored Links

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Played a full half and they won 1-0.

Anyone see how he played? 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Played a full half and they won 1-0.

Anyone see how he played? 

From right to left 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:16am
By most accounts he played pretty well last night. He came on at half time and had to slot in at right back. Of course, we don't need another right back, but he still played well by most accounts.

Hopefully he'll get a few more games in the next month or so.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:21pm
Can anyone really see Mick calling him into the squad for the playoffs irrespective of what he does at club level in the next 3 months? 

He says he hasn't rules anyone out for the playoffs but has probably taken a dim view of McCarthy pulling out for "personal reasons" when he was fit to play. 

I wouldn't be expecting to see him back in the squad for the playoffs tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Can anyone really see Mick calling him into the squad for the playoffs irrespective of what he does at club level in the next 3 months? 

He says he hasn't rules anyone out for the playoffs but has probably taken a dim view of McCarthy pulling out for "personal reasons" when he was fit to play. 

There is four and a half months between the Denmark game and the playoffs. You would like to think Mick will pick our best 23 and not just a continuation of the lads who kept getting in the squad during the campaign.

If they are playing regularly, you would have to pick the likes of McCarthy and Long over lads like Judge and Collins. The reintroduction of Ciaran Clark would give me some (limited) confidence that Mick will reintegrate the above lads, who while not world beaters are better than their recent replacements in the squad.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

There is four and a half months between the Denmark game and the playoffs. You would like to think Mick will pick our best 23 and not just a continuation of the lads who kept getting in the squad during the campaign.

If they are playing regularly, you would have to pick the likes of McCarthy and Long over lads like Judge and Collins. The reintroduction of Ciaran Clark would give me some (limited) confidence that Mick will reintegrate the above lads, who while not world beaters are better than their recent replacements in the squad.

My point has nothing has nothing to do with ability or form. I want McCarthy back myself but unlike Ciaran Clarke, McCarthy made himself unavailable.Clarke was just in bad form and injured at times. I've a feeling Mick may not pick McCarthy or McCarthy may not be 100% committed himself to get back into the squad. 

I suppose we'll see where we are at closer to the time. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:49pm

Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

My point has nothing has nothing to do with ability or form. I want McCarthy back myself but unlike Ciaran Clarke, McCarthy made himself unavailable.Clarke was just in bad form and injured at times. I've a feeling Mick may not pick McCarthy or McCarthy may not be 100% committed himself to get back into the squad. 

I suppose we'll see where we are at closer to the time. 

*Clark.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 4:06pm
Clarke, McGuire, Brown and McLean and young Docherty must be the greatest players never to have played for The Eire

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 05 Dec 2019 at 4:07pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Clarke, McGuire, Brown and McLean and young Docherty must be the greatest players never to have played for The Eire

Dont forget Steven's
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Dont forget Steven's

..and Randolf
The only way is up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:41pm
And Hendricks...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:44pm
All playing as one in Landsdown road
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:45pm
There are a few different Stephens and Hendricks though, aren't there?
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:59pm
Warde Clarke Stephen's conneelly n Randolf 
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 9:33pm
Came on at half time this evening - anyone see how he played? 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 9:43pm
Was grand! Nothing special really. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Came on at half time this evening - anyone see how he played? 

Watched the game and he did ok, got up and down the pitch really well, put in a few solid tackles and some nice link up play. 

Would have liked to see him demand the ball more and get tighter on midfielders when Brighton were in control of the game. 

Most definitely not his best performance but his confidence grew in the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 246>
  Share Topic