You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:44pm
James Collins hopefully a late developer like Grant Holt/Rickie Lambert. Neither stepped up to championship level til late 20s, hopefully Collins steps up next season and becomes option for next few years. Not a lot of Irish strikers playing or scoring regularly at championship level never mind premier league level.
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Will Keane and James Collins. We are really at a low ebb. 
We are going to stroll this group!

The Danes and the Swiss won't know what hit them.Dead
The only way is up
CillDara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:50pm
No harm in calling him up, banging in the goals in League One. Would prefer to see him included to Will Keane anyway. Next week who are the strikers we would expect to see included? Long, Maguire, McGoldrick and Collins maybe?
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:52pm
think Collins could be prolific for us step firey head on him 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:53pm
Was long dropped from southampton squad today or is he injured? No sign of him.

Edited by doherty - 02 Mar 2019 at 5:53pm
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:03pm
Long should be dropped. He needs move to club where he can get regular starts upfront and up his scoring record. McGoldrick has to be called up, only striker scoring regularly in top 2 divisions. Walters in finished. 6 league games and zero goals in 18 months. Maguire and O'Brien mostly played on wing, Will Keane has scored more goals than Maguire this season. Need Bamford to declare but think he will hold out to see what happens with Leeds in premier league next year and if south gate calls him up.

McGoldrick, Collins, Maguire, Keane and Long I think will be called up whether they all deserve the call up is debatable.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

not who we should be turning to if we are looking to progress 

Mick McCarthy reign is nothing about progress. It's about steadying the ship and qualifying us for Euro 2020. 

Progress hopefully will come under Stephen Kenny. to be honest I don't think there's going to be anything comparable between McCarthy and kenny's reign from players to playing style.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 9:39pm
First Championship goal and a MOTM award for him tonight. He provided a good target and made lots of really good runs. He'll do well this season if he keeps his performances at that level.
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

First Championship goal and a MOTM award for him tonight. He provided a good target and made lots of really good runs. He'll do well this season if he keeps his performances at that level.
Cracking finish.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:20pm
Video of his goal tonight here: https://streamja.com/KXny
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:37pm
Its hard to believe luton are in the championship. Its like how did they sneak in there without anyone knowing. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 12:40am
Nearly grabbed the winner too only for Randolph doing what he does best.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:36am
Took his goal well. Luton look like a side that will give him plenty of chances to score, especially at home. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:13pm
I’d be willing to bet that Collins will get more game time this campaign than any other of the debuts last night. He is essentially the player McCarthy has been looking for: 6ft 2, strong in the air, able to hold the ball up and get on the end of a cross. McCarthy was practically yanking himself off when Collins was fouling their centre half yesterday
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I’d be willing to bet that Collins will get more game time this campaign than any other of the debuts last night. He is essentially the player McCarthy has been looking for: 6ft 2, strong in the air, able to hold the ball up and get on the end of a cross. McCarthy was practically yanking himself off when Collins was fouling their centre half yesterday

LOL you're right though. He's pretty much guaranteed to be the first striker to come on now. I think Hogan's days are numbered.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

LOL you're right though. He's pretty much guaranteed to be the first striker to come on now. I think Hogan's days are numbered.

Probably McGoldrick, Maguire / Long (if he gets game time), and Collins
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:27pm
With the likes of Collins available, and the potential for Obafemi and Parrott to come through the ranks, it’s hard to see Hogan and Maguire making squads as easy as they have been. The ball rolling down the line from Hogan’s follow up yesterday, sums it up.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:28pm
Doesn't he have a face, this Collins?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic