You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jake O'Brien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jake O'Brien
    Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 8:36pm
Has gone on loan to Swindon for the rest of the season. First taste of English league football for him, hopefully he goes well.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 8:41pm
I see the manager at Swindon didn't have (much of) a playing career but cut his teeth in coaching at Crystal Palace and was there a long time. I think that should be positive in terms of Palace trusting him with the player etc. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 9:45pm
Think he will do well there, Swindon are in the play off positions. Jake was playing LOI comfortably a couple of years ago so this is only a small step up if even. Good coup for Swindon and for Jake.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 9:48am
Great move for the lad. He's obviously very well thought of at Palace, built a good reputation in a short space of time. Good club to head to as well, so fingers crossed this works out.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 10:34am
Swindon at home to Man City in the cup on Friday night, but it may come too soon for him. Would be some game to make your club debut in.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 11:36am
Had a quick look at their recent teamsheets, Odimayo and Hunt feature a lot as their centrebacks, but they do play 3 at the back sometimes, so hopefully O'Brien gets a look in at some stage
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 12:02pm
The poor lad - I wouldn't wish 5 months in Swindon on anybody.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 7:37pm
On the bench tonight v Man City. Might be no bad thing looking at city's starting xi 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:43pm
Gets his first outing tonight against Mansfield. Unfortunately seems to have been at fault for a Stephen Quinn goal three minutes in and is struggling with the physical side of the game so far.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Gets his first outing tonight against Mansfield. Unfortunately seems to have been at fault for a Stephen Quinn goal three minutes in and is struggling with the physical side of the game so far.

In a double whammy of bad news, the Quinn goal has now went down as a Maris goal.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 9:38pm
Tough night for him tonight but it does sound like he improved as the game went on and he started to get up to the pace of senior football. Hopefully they stick with him because he needs the experience at that level if he's going to develop.

Just shows again how utterly useless Under 23 football is terms of developing players for first team games.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

In a double whammy of bad news, the Quinn goal has now went down as a Maris goal.
His wife Stella will be delighted.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 10:37am
From the forums, sounds like Jake had a really tough first half but played well 2nd half and gave a great assist for the late goal they scored. Baptism of fire but that's ok. It shows the difference between doing ok at U23 football and then having to play senior mens football. It's a toally different level, time and time again we are seeing some of our lads struggle to make the step up, but hopefully Jake will learn a lot from last night. Fingers crossed he gets a decent run in the team.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 2:37pm
Getting a look in at preseason anyway.

Came on in the second half vs Millwall there and scored.

Adaramola also a second half sub.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 9:52am
Linked with a loan move to Barnsley today. Would be a decent move to a higher end League 1 team for him because he wasn't always a starter for Swindon in League 2 last season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:20pm
Apparently is in Belgium to sign with a team called RWDM47.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:33pm
Playing in the second tier. Have Palace got some links with them or something.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 1:41pm
There's an ownership link it seems.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic