Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 263264265266267 276>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Interesting quote from former Aston Villa and Ireland legend Paul McGrath in today's Sunday World on the subject of Jack Grealish : " By the way, a little bird whispered in my ear not so long ago that Jack now regrets not staying with Ireland, when Martin O'Neill was our manager. The boss pleaded with Jack and his family that the lad stay with Ireland. But it's too late now-you can't change your international allegiance twice ! "

Misses out on the latest England squad....
That can’t be good news for him. Will be 25 next month.

Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 2:40pm
Taking out the emotions involved (and bias), you'd have to say from a career point of view he was advised poorly and made the wrong call. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. 

He'd have close to 40 caps and already have played in major championship. Youd hope this cautionary tale is told to the Smallbones, Hodges etc coming through

In saying all that, he is probably deserving a place in Tans squad based on current form
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 2:52pm
Hes had his best season this year and was instrumental in keeping villa in the PL.

Liverpool's Jordan Henderson and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Leicester duo Ben Chilwell and James Maddison miss out through injury.

And he still can't get in the 23 man squad... let alone the first team...

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 2:55pm
Delighted to see him miss out again.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 2:55pm
Southgate wasn't happy about his antics during lockdown. Hardly a surprise
Danger here, OH NO
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Delighted to see him miss out again.

Quality. Spot on. Nail on the head. CoolClapCool
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

He called up Harry Maguire. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I highly doubt it, you would want to take paper talk with a pinch of salt.

Jack Grealish will no doubt be capped within the next few months, I'd say Ireland will be the last thing on his mind.

Nail on the head.

ClapCoolClap
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

That story is ongoing and it seems to fairly bleak with his sister getting injected by two Albanians and then her fainting. Followed by the police threatening to end his career. It's a messed up situation. https://twitter.com/marthakelner/status/1298203118115663872
Danger here, OH NO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

That story is ongoing and it seems to fairly bleak with his sister getting injected by two Albanians and then her fainting. Followed by the police threatening to end his career. It's a messed up situation. https://twitter.com/marthakelner/status/1298203118115663872

I think there's something missing in both accounts TBH. I'd say, like a lot of stuff, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

What does punching a policeman have to do with what's alleged to have happened to his sister?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 3:52pm
Southgate takes a dim view of stupid immature behaviour by rich and privileged pro footballers and doesn't want insouciant dickheads who can't be trusted about the place. Grealish fits that bill, he has a lot of embarrassing history and he's not a working class lad who made it the hard way coming up the leagues or ever had to work for a living at a real job. Might also explain why the big clubs have been unwilling to date to push the boat out financially to sign him, despite his obvious ability. On the other hand, if the new rules should miraculously result in him returning to the green jersey, ignore all of the above, smile benignly, start using terms like "broth of a boy" and "devil-may-care Irish rogue" to describe him and crack open a bottle of Guinness while singing along to the Wolfe Tones.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 3:54pm

He recalled Kyle Walker who broke the lockdown a couple of times, one occasion when he banged a hooker at his home
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 3:57pm
Even if he could switch back the idea should not be entertained, he made his decision let him live with it......in the long run I think it will be proved to have been the wrong decision, I always thought it would take him a long time to break in with England ...the longer that goes the harder it will get, he's 24 now they will always have a long production line of exciting attacking talent better than he could ever be ....already they have underage players attracting multi million interest from huge European clubs ......he didn't even attract England interest at underage level

He made his bed
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 4:05pm
I have no doubt if Mick was in charge he would be open to it, Kenny I can't see entertaining the idea
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 4:25pm
can he potentially switch back?
Or does anyone know for sure?
Is the rule change from the 18th of September?
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

I have no doubt if Mick was in charge he would be open to it, Kenny I can't see entertaining the idea

That's because Kenny has a brain unlike McCarthy 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

can he potentially switch back?
Or does anyone know for sure?
Is the rule change from the 18th of September?

I believe that the rule change will be put forward for a vote on the 18th Sept.

The details of the rule changes are in true FIFA fashion, vague and ambiguous. But there are parts you could interpret as yes and parts you would say no.

The only way we will be sure is when the rule has been implemented.

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:42pm
Even if the rule was in place he won't switch back and I personally wouldn't want him.  You have to have some standards and this could actually upset things among players int he squad.  He made his bed, now lay in it. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 263264265266267 276>
  Share Topic