You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 276>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:40pm
Nice to see Jack kneeling for Black Lives Matter. A while back no lives mattered to him when he couldn't stay at home during lockdown. Easy in front of the TV cameras for Jack with your empty actions. 
Sponsored Links

Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Gazza was also eligible to play for Ireland, under the granny rule.
It may be that the rules were different back then (unsure?), but if not, under the Johansen ruling he would only have been eligible had he affirmed his Irish nationality prior to receiving his first England U-21 caps in 1987, when he'd just turned 20.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 9:03pm
2 goals and 1 assist since the turn of the year for a supposed £80 million player?

Aston Villa aren't as bad a side as they're being made out to be either when people are defending Grealish, some would have you thinking he was playing in the Derby side under Paul Jewell or the Sunderland side under Mick McCarthy.

There is no denying he is a talented footballer but for someone who's turning 25 in a few months, I'm still waiting for him "to fully arrive" because for me right now I couldn't see him improving any of the top sides in the Premiership to such an extent where his impact would be worth the outlay. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:58am
Grealish is so f**king overrated aided by the fact he looks like a flair player but flatters to deceive.

He would add little to a top team. Simply doesn’t do enough with the ball or contribute enough assists/goals. Regardless of those perhaps being sub par around him at the vile 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Grealish is so f**king overrated aided by the fact he looks like a flair player but flatters to deceive.

He would add little to a top team. Simply doesn’t do enough with the ball or contribute enough assists/goals. Regardless of those perhaps being sub par around him at the vile 

Eight goals, seven assists in a crap side - and you call him "so f**king overrated"? Brilliant goals, lots of flair, chases back - and gives 100 per cent every game. If Villa had a decent striker Grealish would have 15 assists. Have you watched full games, McG? 

Seven goals and six assists.

Any club would be mad to pay more than £35m for him, never mind £80m.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 04 Jul 2020 at 12:39pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

2 goals and 1 assist since the turn of the year for a supposed £80 million player?

Aston Villa aren't as bad a side as they're being made out to be either when people are defending Grealish, some would have you thinking he was playing in the Derby side under Paul Jewell or the Sunderland side under Mick McCarthy.

There is no denying he is a talented footballer but for someone who's turning 25 in a few months, I'm still waiting for him "to fully arrive" because for me right now I couldn't see him improving any of the top sides in the Premiership to such an extent where his impact would be worth the outlay. 
Villa are woeful - I've seen every minute of every game they've played this so-called season.They spent £135 million in the close season - mostly on players not EPL standard. Grealish and Mings are almost a two-man team. Grealish has been total class - eight goals and seven assists from midfield in this awful side. Yes, he's a bit of a prat, but to say he wouldn't improve a top side is ridiculous. Maybe you're just ratty because he chose England. 

Why would I be ratty that he chose England?

I've stood by my comments re the ones I have made about Grealish on here over the last number of years, flick through the thread if you wish.

Aston Villa aren't as bad as you're making out either, they are no worse than 4 or 5 others teams in and around them imo despite what the table may suggest currently. 

Dean Smith rather naively sets Villa up solely to suit Grealish and then when the opposition nullify his threat they look rather clueless, which says more about the managers failings than the actual players.

Edited by Green Devil - 04 Jul 2020 at 1:13pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 2:03pm
I think switching to England has been detrimental to his career. He'd have 25 odd caps and would have played in the Euros. Could have springboard quicker to a bigger club.

Would be surprised if he gets 10 england caps
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 2:31pm
I saw him when he played Burnley on New Years day and he ran the show to be honest , i think he is a tool really but still a very good player . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 3:06pm
The most fouled player in the league point should be taken with a pinch of salt, Grealish is a serial diver and has gotten away with murder this season from referee's on a regular basis.

Also re the Dean Smith point, setting your whole team up for the sole benefit of one player be it the star man or not is incredibly naive and downright silly.

Especially for a side that was predicted to being locked in a relegation battle at the start of the season. Its no surprise an attacking player is being fawned over when absolutely everything is going through him and no other player is being given even half the responsibility! Shows a complete lack of trust by the manager in his team and its now biting him in the arse.

Grealish is a very good player no question but for me he will never be a top player and won't ever play for a top club competing at the very highest level. 

Thats just my opinion and of course I could end up being wrong.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Eight goals, seven assists in a crap side - and you call him "so f**king overrated"? Brilliant goals, lots of flair, chases back - and gives 100 per cent every game. If Villa had a decent striker Grealish would have 15 assists. Have you watched full games, McG? 

Seven goals and six assists.

Any club would be mad to pay more than £35m for him, never mind £80m.

Our jobs as moderators is to stir the pot and create debate and website activity.

Mission accomplished Big smile
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The most fouled player in the league point should be taken with a pinch of salt, Grealish is a serial diver and has gotten away with murder this season from referee's on a regular basis.

Also re the Dean Smith point, setting your whole team up for the sole benefit of one player be it the star man or not is incredibly naive and downright silly.

Especially for a side that was predicted to being locked in a relegation battle at the start of the season. Its no surprise an attacking player is being fawned over when absolutely everything is going through him and no other player is being given even half the responsibility! Shows a complete lack of trust by the manager in his team and its now biting him in the arse.

Grealish is a very good player no question but for me he will never be a top player and won't ever play for a top club competing at the very highest level. 

Thats just my opinion and of course I could end up being wrong.

Same environment, same rules, same referees, same VAR - he is definitely and constantly targeted and fouled. There's usually very little on-the-spot credible comeback from offenders. However, you're right on Dean Smith - he's a very limited manager. But again - why would he not utilise his one class asset to the max? Who else is there? Other than McGinn, there's Hourihane, Luiz, El Ghazi and Jota. God help us! Grealish was the major reason Villa were promoted and he'll be the major reason if they escape the drop.
Despite struggling with your views on him, GD, I accept your points and respect your opinion. 

I think if you look at what's happening at Barcelona at the moment and the negative side of having a manager having no disregard for tactics that best suit the whole team but one player, a similar comparison can be made with Aston Villa albeit on a far lesser scale.

I'm in no way saying the likes of El Gazi, Trezeguet, Samatta, Wesley (before his injury) etc are at Grealish's level, they aren't "but" I still think if the manager actually knew his best 11 and could place more trust in his attacking players aside from Grealish, they may well do better as a team. 

So with that of course he's going to look better than he is when the manager basically gives you free reign and shows a complete lack of trust in his team mates. 

Again I'll reiterate that Grealish is a very good player, "but" I just get the fuss in regard to him having the full package to go and reach the very top. 

But sure look football is all about different opinions and I respect your views also for sure Thumbs Up

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:07am
What do people reckon, only worth £30-35M???

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:58am
I’d have thought it would be north of £35 Million. Wan Bissaka last summer was a £50 Million purchase with one notable season in the PL. Grealish has had the same, and has been excellent in the Championship. But anything in excess of that, particularly in the post Covid market would be ludicrous, especially as he has not been capped yet.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 11:29am
There is a severe lack of competent defenders nowadays (who can actually defend as opposed to just being exceptional going forward) imo hence why the very high fees attached which was never usually the case in years gone by.

Finding an attacking midfielder would could chip in with 10 goals + a season and a decent number of assists are far easier to find, I think anyway especially for the top clubs.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:24pm
He has 7 goals and 6 assists.
Could end up with say 9 and 9.

That’s a decent return for a midfielder. He is one of the best players outside of the top 6 and that’s why the red tops will continually link him to a top 6 club.
I wouldn’t think the teams looking for titles/champions league would be interested in him. Not good enough for City/Liverpool.

Spurs could have got him 2 seasons ago for about £35M but waited and then AV was taken over and he stayed. A lost opportunity for Spurs as I think he would have added to the squad especially since Eriksen was leaving. I think that’s a more realistic price tag.

Like Zaha, he is very good on his day but not consistent enough and his price tag is way over inflated. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

That’s a decent return for a midfielder. He is one of the best players outside of the top 6 and that’s why the red tops will continually link him to a top 6 club.
I wouldn’t think the teams looking for titles/champions league would be interested in him. Not good enough for City/Liverpool.

Spurs could have got him 2 seasons ago for about £35M but waited and then AV was taken over and he stayed. A lost opportunity for Spurs as I think he would have added to the squad especially since Eriksen was leaving. I think that’s a more realistic price tag.

Like Zaha, he is very good on his day but not consistent enough and his price tag is way over inflated. 

Very few below-par games - he's been consistenty good, that's been his forte. He's had a similar impact at Villa over two seasons as Sadio Mane had at Southampton. Can he become that good? Debatable, but to suggest he wouldn't cut it at a top club is way out. 

You would expect more than 2 goals and 1 assist since the turn of the year at the same time surely for the figures quoted for him?

As a Sunderland fan I saw Jermaine Defoe albeit a striker almost singlehandedly keep Sunderland up under Big Sam and even when we did get relegated a year later he still scored 15 or so goals in the league alone (open to correction)

John McGinn was the outstanding player in Villa's side last season also just shading it from Grealish, no?

Again, I just feel for a player who's seemingly worth £80m or even if that's seen as unrealistic then its that's he's a £50m/£60m I would expect more but maybe thats just me.

Edited by Green Devil - 05 Jul 2020 at 4:11pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:26pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Very few below-par games - he's been consistenty good, that's been his forte. He's had a similar impact at Villa over two seasons as Sadio Mane had at Southampton. Can he become that good? Debatable, but to suggest he wouldn't cut it at a top club is way out. 

If his forte was being consistently good he would be playing for England and a top 6 clubs by 24. So we can rule out that’s not his forte.

He is a very good player on his day and has a wide range of skills.

But he would not break into the Man City or Liverpool first team.
So they won’t buy him.

Other top clubs would be interested- Man U/ Spurs / Arsenal but not at the fees AV are looking for. 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 7:57am
He's a great player. Anyone who says any different is assessing him with a chip on their shoulder. Put him in a good team and he'll really flourish. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 276>
  Share Topic