Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 276>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:10pm
I wouldn't use Man United or big fees in any argument. When Spurs, one of the best run clubs in England in recent years, with a serious track record in signings recently, when they want Grealish I would definitely take note of that.

Talking about fees is a bit silly though as they're based on length of contract as much as anything now. Was it about 35 million Spurs were willing to pay last season iirc? For a championship player. That's fair going. I'd say Villa wouldn't let him go for anything less than 50 million.

In terms of PL performance, it's mad to judge him right now. Villa are a complete work in progress. 

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

well who’s place is he going to take?
I’d rate James Maddison a better player and he can’t get a look in

Grealish has to kick on soon if he’s to get some proper caps 

It's his first PL season in 3 years is it? I think lads should give him more than a handful of games, in a newly promoted side, with about 10 new players in the team/squad still settling in, before completely writing him off.

He's 24 as well. He's not 38.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I wouldn't use Man United or big fees in any argument. When Spurs, one of the best run clubs in England in recent years, with a serious track record in signings recently, when they want Grealish I would definitely take note of that.

Talking about fees is a bit silly though as they're based on length of contract as much as anything now. Was it about 35 million Spurs were willing to pay last season iirc? For a championship player. That's fair going. I'd say Villa wouldn't let him go for anything less than 50 million.

In terms of PL performance, it's mad to judge him right now. Villa are a complete work in progress. 

I doubt Levy would sanction £50m for him as of right now though.

I'll judge him fairly and properly come May, but the signs aren't overly promising.

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:15pm
Grealish is better than Barkley who started the last 2 games for England IMO. Southgate has his favourites and doesn’t look like he rates Grealish. When Loftus Cheek and Hudson Odoi come back, Barkley will struggle for minutes for club and country. Grealish will be further down the picking order.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Grealish is better than Barkley who started the last 2 games for England IMO. Southgate has his favourites and doesn’t look like he rates Grealish. When Loftus Cheek and Hudson Odoi come back, Barkley will struggle for minutes for club and country. Grealish will be further down the picking order.

Would agree about Grealish being better than Barkley. I also think it's one of those central attacking midfield slots he'd be vying for. Against Lingard, Alli, Barkley, Maddison, etc. I'd definitely have him in the English squad myself. Far far better player than Barkley or Lingard. Southgate loves Lingard because of the ground he covers. Tis a strange one.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:46pm
Hes a talented footballer no doubt. He needs to leave villa if he wants to progress as a player and move to the next level. Hes playing with fairly poor players and he tries to take too much on himself. If he was in say the chelsea side now he would thrive more. Too much responsibility on him at villa. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:44am
In terms of all the midfielders on show tonight, he was definitely among the better ones.

Yarmalenko was poison and was rightly hooked, Noble was absolutely blessed he wasn't off for a ridiculous dive (and the attempted sophistry in the commentary box was total bullsh*t, cos he's English and don't dive, innit) and Nakamba did not look up to speed at all. Arguably, the best midfielder on the pitch was Rice, followed by Lanzini (if you want to call him a midfielder), followed by McGinn and Grealish.

Grealish certainly didn't look out of place and on a different night one of those balls into the box would have made the difference.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:51am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

In terms of all the midfielders on show tonight, he was definitely among the better ones.

Yarmalenko was poison and was rightly hooked, Noble was absolutely blessed he wasn't off for a ridiculous dive (and the attempted sophistry in the commentary box was total bullsh*t, cos he's English and don't dive, innit) and Nakamba did not look up to speed at all. Arguably, the best midfielder on the pitch was Rice, followed by Lanzini (if you want to call him a midfielder), followed by McGinn and Grealish.

Grealish certainly didn't look out of place and on a different night one of those balls into the box would have made the difference.

Having watched the game last night - the part in bold may be true but it wouldn't be saying much considering the overall standard of midfield play on show last night! Was a dreadful game between two pretty poor sides.

Grealish has a good energy and zip to his play - often looks like he's the most likely to make something happen - ultimately however his decision making and final ball is often poor. if I was a Spurs fan I would have little to no interest in signing him unless he makes big improvements over the course of the season. As things stand he's not at a level good enough to be considered for a top six club.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Grealish has a good energy and zip to his play - often looks like he's the most likely to make something happen - ultimately however his decision making and final ball is often poor. if I was a Spurs fan I would have little to no interest in signing him unless he makes big improvements over the course of the season. As things stand he's not at a level good enough to be considered for a top six club.
I suspect JG is one of those players who was always better than the players round him while learning the game, so always found it easy. And it's the same now, even in Villa's 1st team.

However, it's not going so well this season, not least because the players lining out against him are even better than him.

If he were to sign for a team like Spurs, he'd be pushed far harder, meaning he'd either sink or swim. Personally I'd guess it would be the latter, even after his horrible individual mistake at WHL earlier this season, which cost Villa a point (or three).

Edited by Territorial - 17 Sep 2019 at 12:05pm
Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 6:39pm
Grealish will probably get a game for England, but only if he moves to Spurs or another big club at some point, but I seriously doubt he will ever be a regular. At the moment he has Ali, Barkley, Mount, Lingard, Maddison, Loftus-Cheek, Winks and Foden ahead of him for 1 or maybe 2 attacking/playmaker midfielder spots. Even Cantwell at Norwich is playing better than him this season.

He won't get a game in a front 3 either as he isn't quick enough to play in one of the wide positions ahead of Rashford, Sterling, Sancho or Hudson-Odoi.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:16am
Nowhere near England and Rice and Keane dropped last night.  In the words of Ron Burgundy, we are laughing!  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:49pm
He would be a huge asset to Ireland if he stuck with us and a cult hero. 

No disgrace not getting in that England attacking unit.  
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Nowhere near England and Rice and Keane dropped last night.  In the words of Ron Burgundy, we are laughing!  
No, most of us don't give a f**k.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Ron Burgundy? That was Mary Kingston!
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:51pm
Mary Kingston. That's a real blast from the past.Haven't thought about her for years.

Now 49 and still presenting kids TV.Most seem to gravitate away from it over the years. I could imagine an American equivalent of her running amok with a machine gun in public at this stage.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Mary Kingston. That's a real blast from the past.Haven't thought about her for years.

Now 49 and still presenting kids TV.Most seem to gravitate away from it over the years. I could imagine an American equivalent of her running amok with a machine gun in public at this stage.
Used to drink with her brother before he died, think he gave it up around then. There was an awful litter of them, which explains the madness. None of them were anywhere near right in the head.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:24pm
Small world Smile.A bit of madness would definitely help when doing the children's TV lark for the guts of 30 years. All that endless cheerfulness.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by good luck charm 2019 good luck charm 2019 wrote:

He is better player than Christian Eriksen .

CE might have been (mostly) garbage for the last six months, and JG may in time become better than him.

But until Grealish has something approaching 350+ senior club games under his belt, inc Champions League, plus 95 international caps (29 goals), then it is silly to say that he's better than Eriksen.

Still, if eg Real Madrid or PSG sign Grealish before Eriksen, then I'll happily eat my words.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 276>
  Share Topic