Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 276>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:41pm
I think it upset people so much because of the hype surrounding him.

The reality is he just isn't that great. He would have probably been capped by us 50+ times over his career but I doubt he'll get over 10 for England.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

11 appearances this season = 0 goals and 1 assist.

Granted he would have added a bit of flair to our team but I still struggle to see the fuss overall tbh when people are touting him to play consistently for a top side at club level.
With the right appointment at Villa I think he’ll thrive. Bruce this season has been all over the place with different formations, playing players out of position etc 
I certainly wouldn’t be judging any player on their Villa performances. 
I’d also hope Hogan gets a run of games and some confidence once he’s back to full match fitness 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:25pm
Take Villa finishing 4th last season and who were only a few wins from gaining promotion automatically, even in that side he only managed 3 goals and 6 assists all season!

I just think with all the hype around Grealish he should be winning games on his own (that old cliche) for Villa.

Nick Powell, Mason Mount, Bradley Dack etc are all completely outshinning him this season and yes for sure point taken about Bruce struggling this season but I still think Grealish should be doing a lot better.

When you're supposedly the top player in the whole division, even when you're side is struggling he should be the one stepping up.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 11:10pm

Take Villa finishing 4th last season and who were only a few wins from gaining promotion automatically, even in that side he only managed 3 goals and 6 assists all season!

I just think with all the hype around Grealish he should be winning games on his own (that old cliche) for Villa.

Nick Powell, Mason Mount, Bradley Dack etc are all completely outshinning him this season and yes for sure point taken about Bruce struggling this season but I still think Grealish should be doing a lot better.

When you're supposedly the top player in the whole division, even when you're side is struggling he should be the one stepping up.

Saw Grealish for the first time in the flesh today

An absolute preening drama queen but he is a good player. Great touch, strong and ghosts away from players. I think he will do well in a better team and make the step up to the premiership soon.

For all of his elegance he needs to do more though. His stats for goals and assists are not great 

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:16am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

An absolute preening drama queen but he is a good player. Great touch, strong and ghosts away from players. I think he will do well in a better team and make the step up to the premiership soon.

For all of his elegance he needs to do more though. His stats for goals and assists are not great 

Is he playing for England yet?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Completely agree. 

Any time I've seen him (mainly highlights) I think Grealish's problem is he lacks pace and that bit of acceleration once he beats his man. 

I'd expect him to be in the premiership next year no matter how Villa do this season. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:28am
He needs to chip in with more goals and assists.

Nice to watch but doesn't have that end product as of yet.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:21pm
Grealish is as good as he is going to get though; whereas Mings can only get better.

Edited by pre Madonna - 29 Aug 2019 at 2:21pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Grealish is as good as he is going to get though; whereas Mings can only get better.
It was always D ream to play for England.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:45pm
JG strikes me as a big fish in a small pond when in the Championship, before becoming a medium fish in a large pond in the PL. Most of his reputation is based in the Championship.

People forget Mings was signed by Bournemouth as a marquee signing only for injury to scupper him at the time, and be replaced by Ake.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:51pm
Mings form is merciless. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:26pm
Grealish will have caps to his name by the end of the season I reckon. His biggest problem is that there is a huge amount of quality young English attacking midfield players coming through. 3 years ago? when Grealish made the choice to switch the pathway to being an England regular seemed far far easier. Now as good as Grealish is, and he is a very good player btw, the standard of competition he faces to get into the first 11 regularly is huge.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:30pm
I rate Grealish. Lads hate on him due to what happened with us. Spurs wanted him previously. He's a top player. Fact remains he is suited to a possession based team. Villa could dominate in the EFL but not as much in the PL. Villa could get relegated (I do doubt it) but I guarantee there would be a queue of teams to sign him. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:34pm
There would definitely be a queue of teams ready to sign him. I'm not sure why all the Irish fans can't admit he's a really good player. Ya, he took a steaming hot dump on the Irish football team and every one of it's fans. That doesn't detract from how good a player he is though. It might make him an absolute c**t, but has little to do with his ability as a player.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:36pm
''Who do you prefer?   England or Ireland?''
''Ireland''
''Whaaa?????!!!!!!!!!''

Image result for fr damo

Edited by Trap junior - 29 Aug 2019 at 3:38pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Grealish will have caps to his name by the end of the season I reckon. His biggest problem is that there is a huge amount of quality young English attacking midfield players coming through. 3 years ago? when Grealish made the choice to switch the pathway to being an England regular seemed far far easier. Now as good as Grealish is, and he is a very good player btw, the standard of competition he faces to get into the first 11 regularly is huge.

Three years ago you had Roy Hodgson in charge of the National Team. The same man who brought Jack Wilshere to Euro 2016 on reputation alone, with Wilshere having played something like 120 minutes of football over the 2015/2016 season. Unless you had a top team on your resume, or were part of Leicester team that won the PL you need not apply. 

Southgate has been much more liberal in his selection policy, an example being Mason Mount selected as a Championship player. I think you have a far better chance under Southgate as a player off the CL radar.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Mings form is merciless. 

He may be a Flash in the pan.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I rate Grealish. Lads hate on him due to what happened with us. Spurs wanted him previously. He's a top player. Fact remains he is suited to a possession based team. Villa could dominate in the EFL but not as much in the PL. Villa could get relegated (I do doubt it) but I guarantee there would be a queue of teams to sign him. 

This.

Edited by Territorial - 29 Aug 2019 at 3:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 276>
  Share Topic