Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 276>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

He can't change back now...The lad has made his bed

Technically he can as he hasn't played for England but he won't.

He can't...Once the transfer is approved by fifa he's tied to them whether he gets capped or not

Is he still able to switch to Ireland still because he doesn't have a senior cap? That said not sure we'd want him

You’re looking for an answer that is right there in the post you quoted??

Confused as to how the rules work. Thought because he has both citizenships (and has had those) that he didn't do the one time switch.
Sponsored Links

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm
He's made his bed, he can lie in it
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:29pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

He can't change back now...The lad has made his bed

Technically he can as he hasn't played for England but he won't.

He can't...Once the transfer is approved by fifa he's tied to them whether he gets capped or not

Is he still able to switch to Ireland still because he doesn't have a senior cap? That said not sure we'd want him

You’re looking for an answer that is right there in the post you quoted??

Confused as to how the rules work. Thought because he has both citizenships (and has had those) that he didn't do the one time switch.

He can't switch back once FIFA approve the change. Can't change twice.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:47pm
When i saw this thread active again I thought there must be new photos of him pissed lying in a gutter somewhere.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:38am
http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBJ6MzI?a=1&m=EN-IE

How is this rubbish still being reported?

Edited by pre Madonna - 15 Feb 2018 at 9:39am
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:39am
Has he declared for us yet?  LOL just read the link LOL jaysus

Edited by Hans Moleman - 15 Feb 2018 at 9:40am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:45am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Lads, don't give that author the online clicks. He really doesn't deserve to get money or plaudits for that sh1te. 

The gist is that he thinks that Martin O'Neill should approach Fr Damo and ask him to reconsider Ireland. He also thinks that Keith Long will bolster the next squad, although I didn't realise that the Bohs manager had signed for Burnley. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Lads, don't give that author the online clicks. He really doesn't deserve to get money or plaudits for that sh1te. 

The gist is that he thinks that Martin O'Neill should approach Fr Damo and ask him to reconsider Ireland. He also thinks that Keith Long will bolster the next squad, although I didn't realise that the Bohs manager had signed for Burnley. 
He deserves mocking and ridicule, even if I agree he doesn't deserve the publicity. How any 'journalist' can be so obtuse is beyond me.

Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:46pm
I thought he couldn't switch back?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

I thought he couldn't switch back?

Image result for banging head against desk gif
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:08pm
Personally, I think it's a stupid rule. 

No player should have to chose until he actually plays a senior competitive game imo or if you want to go to the other extreme a player must chose from an early age.

Take Karamoko Dembele, he plays for England one month and then Scotland, he has played against the other in the process on a few occasions. 

The whole system needs to be looked at in great detail! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:18pm
Agree, the system is a bit silly. Imo it should be you are aligned from a younger age. Whatever about playing 15s or 16s, I think that by the time you play under 18s football for a country and up you should be tied to that country for good.

Something along those lines anyway. The swapping over and back from underage and even senior teams is comical. The fact that you aren't necessarily tied to a country once you've played a senior international friendly also is farcical. Diego Costa being a really high profile recent example of this nonsense.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Agree, the system is a bit silly. Imo it should be you are aligned from a younger age. Whatever about playing 15s or 16s, I think that by the time you play under 18s football for a country and up you should be tied to that country for good.

Something along those lines anyway. The swapping over and back from underage and even senior teams is comical.
So you would penalise a 22 y.o. player who woke up one day and suddenly realised he was a different nationality from that which he'd been when he went to bed the night before?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14436621

Interesting.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Something along those lines anyway. The swapping over and back from underage and even senior teams is comical.
So you would penalise a 22 y.o. player who woke up one day and suddenly realised he was a different nationality from that which he'd been when he went to bed the night before?

Interesting.

He changed his name when he declared for us.  He used to be called James McDirty when he played for you.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:48pm
I would. Taking single cases can sway peoples opinions om what is imo a far bigger problem. I think international football loses a lot of credibility when players are swapping national teams. I don't think there should be any basis at all to swap once hitting a certain age. What that age is can be debated. I also think that cases like Diego Costa are beyond farcical.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:07am

Interesting.

So he went to bed being Irish then woke up being Irish. Dont get ya.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:18am
Is he still able to play for us in theory or would there have to be a rule change
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 7:08am

Interesting.

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 276>
  Share Topic