Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

LOL
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:21am

Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

warming down?? From f**king what?
Warming up.

LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:42pm
Eamon Dunphy still thinks he’s playing !!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Sure he hasn’t kicked a ball in 50 years, must be some snuff he’s sticking up his hooter LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:58pm

He and Giles have lost the plot. 
Giles wants more direct football to a target man (under previous managers he was saying midfielders should be showing for the ball).
Dunphy is a terrible presenter (talking about the Stand), spends too much time on pointless things, things to complain about. For instance this week they covered the travel issues and NL being a bad idea at the start of the podcast, then for the last topic he wanted to discuss, the upcoming Finland game, rather than focus on the football he went back to again the fact we were travelling again and how its madness. 

Stealing a living these days the lads!
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:08pm
Giles and Dunphy are doting at this stage. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Giles wants more direct football to a target man (under previous managers he was saying midfielders should be showing for the ball).
Dunphy is a terrible presenter (talking about the Stand), spends too much time on pointless things, things to complain about. For instance this week they covered the travel issues and NL being a bad idea at the start of the podcast, then for the last topic he wanted to discuss, the upcoming Finland game, rather than focus on the football he went back to again the fact we were travelling again and how its madness. 

Giles wanted a four man midfield of mcclean after Hendrick and Brady. Think it was that anyway. 

But would agree the two lads don't watch enough football regularly now to analyse games pre match. Maybe they can analyse what's happening during a game when watching it but certainly they don't know enough about who is in form etc.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Sure he hasn’t kicked a ball in 50 years, must be some snuff he’s sticking up his hooter LOL

LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:03pm

I actually like The Stand when Dunphy has political commentators on it. Or when he has Giles and Brady on reminiscing about the old days. But you're right, they sadly don't know what they're talking about in reagrds to modern football 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

warming down?? From f**king what?
Warming up.

LOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Giles is 100% right. He laments the absence of a playmaker capable of the final pass - and a striker wily enough to read it. He says our possession game lacks penetration. Too many tiny passes getting us nowhere. That's exactly what happened against Wales. High percentage tip-tap, low percentage strike rate. One shot on target all night. Your post misrepresents Giles' comments - he certainly does not want  a return to the hoof - quite the opposite - he's a strong Kenny advocate. What he says is just common sense - despite his hideous crime of being old. 

I do think he probably still meant use the midfield too, he wants the midfielders to turn on the ball and get it forward. But he didn't make that  clear. He definitely doesn't agree with keeping possession for possession sake. 

The answer is somewhere in the middle
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 8:02am

Giles is 100% right. He laments the absence of a playmaker capable of the final pass - and a striker wily enough to read it. He says our possession game lacks penetration. Too many tiny passes getting us nowhere. That's exactly what happened against Wales. High percentage tip-tap, low percentage strike rate. One shot on target all night. Your post misrepresents Giles' comments - he certainly does not want  a return to the hoof - quite the opposite - he's a strong Kenny advocate. What he says is just common sense - despite his hideous crime of being old. 

I do think he probably still meant use the midfield too, he wants the midfielders to turn on the ball and get it forward. But he didn't make that  clear. He definitely doesn't agree with keeping possession for possession sake. 

He made the right call. Do you agree with keeping possession for possession sake? Where does that take it to? You should apologise for accusing him of stealing a living. 
LOL I doubt he reads here.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 8:14am

He made the right call. Do you agree with keeping possession for possession sake? Where does that take it to? You should apologise for accusing him of stealing a living. 

Hi John. The name is TR. Listen, I wrote that you and Eamon are stealing a living on YBIG. I know you don't read here as you are too busy having a sing song with your old pal John Delaney at the bar, but just want to say, I apologise for my words.

Anyway, I do agree with keeping possession as a way of trying to control the game. You obviously need to take risks as well and get balls forward but the thing is we are trying that. I dont get this that we are just going side to side commentary. We just haven't been good enough in our execution,especially the final ball and decision making when the chance is just opening have been disappointing.  But fact we are getting into these positions is encouraging and I do feel with a full team available the goals and wins will start to come.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 8:24am
The next time he is on 'The Stand' should be fun if he reads on here: 'John, this is a man who sips lager when his wife his full of cum beside him and you were one of the best midfielders of your generation! It's a nonsense.'
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:52am
You want a poster on here to apologise for saying something about an ex-footballer, on here, and when people don't take this nonsense seriously the whole forum is vanishing up its own arse.LOL
Why do you seem to take everything on here so personally? It's a diversion for people with an above healthy interest in a football team. I hate the overuse of the word in the modern world, but it genuinely seems you are offended if someone has a pop at any player or manager, past or present. All I will advise is to give Twitter a miss.LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 12:08pm
That doesn't make any sense.LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm

That doesn't make any sense.LOL

Hey welcome to my world PM Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 138>
  Share Topic