You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:06pm
If we draw in Georgia and beat Denmark at home then, barring every other result in the group going against us, we will qualify for the Euros.

The only thing is that those results could go against us (Denmark being Switzerland, Switzerland beating us more heavily, and Switzerland settling for a draw at home to Georgia on the last day knowing they only need a draw to qualify). However, that isn't particularly likely and it doesn't make a draw away to Georgia an awful result.

At the very least, it is not the awful result it was before the Danes dropped points there.
Sponsored Links

culliano View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culliano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Lads, he won't get another move. He's destined to stay in the Eircom league. 

Attitude is sh*te and doesn't have the ability. Good cameo tonight. Rovers level standard. 

We will never bring on a pub league player in a competitive competition and that's just the harsh truth. 

More chance of seeing a few 21s.
Your a gobsh*te,could easily get a move away and could easily be the first player to go for €1m,but he doesn't want to hes enjoying his football and it shows his attitude is spot on since,hopefully shows other young irish footballers sitting on the bench across the pond coming home  isn't as bad as people make out which in turn improves our league 
FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:08pm
Anyone with eyes can see this lads got a touch of class about him. 

Just like when Wez was playing in the League of Ireland he could easily have played for Ireland if his talent was acknowledged and a manager with some balls let him play. 

Jack should be in the Ireland squad as we don't have anyone close to his football brain and skills. 

I would understand if Mick didn't start him every game because we don't usually have lots of possession and we are usually chasing the ball. But he is type of player that you could build a team around . i believe he is that good. 

Hope he keeps his head down and works his arse of and makes it so Mick has to put him in the team .
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by FunkyMonkey FunkyMonkey wrote:

Anyone with eyes can see this lads got a touch of class about him. 

Just like when Wez was playing in the League of Ireland he could easily have played for Ireland if his talent was acknowledged and a manager with some balls let him play. 

Jack should be in the Ireland squad as we don't have anyone close to his football brain and skills. 

I would understand if Mick didn't start him every game because we don't usually have lots of possession and we are usually chasing the ball. But he is type of player that you could build a team around . i believe he is that good. 

Hope he keeps his head down and works his arse of and makes it so Mick has to put him in the team .

ya fully agree. just hope the old hes not playing in england so hes not good enough bullsh1t does not go against him. we need to get over this mindset that its england or nothing.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:48pm
We play teams the level of Bulgaria all the time and we struggle to break them down. Having Jack in and around the squad for those types of games where we need a goal makes sense, and anyone who says otherwise is a gobsh*te

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:39pm
I can see him playing the last 25 v Georgia.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Babbs a lot will depend on the score line at that stage as to what way Mick will go I would think, certainly if we were in the unfortunate position of chasing a goal it would be the thing to do
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 6:17pm

I hope not as I feel we will be chasing the game in such a scenario!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:45pm

He should. Whenever we’ve gone to outmuscle Georgia, we’ve looked sh*te. We need craft. Wes performed really well v Georgia in Dublin.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:21pm
If it’s level on an hour he will probably get a chance given his attributes. If it’s one nil to us he will stay put though.  
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 9:31am
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Lads, he won't get another move. He's destined to stay in the Eircom league. 

Attitude is sh*te and doesn't have the ability. Good cameo tonight. Rovers level standard. 

We will never bring on a pub league player in a competitive competition and that's just the harsh truth. 

More chance of seeing a few 21s.
Arsehole.

LOL
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 7:19pm
Brentford scout in the crowd tonight to look at Jack Byrne 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 8:28pm
He’s planning to meet with him at the club bar after
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 8:29pm
Brentford famously have a pub on each corner of the ground. They are moving next season though.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Brentford famously have a pub on each corner of the ground. They are moving next season though.

Don't tell him they are moving

Edited by 50%lesssugar&salt - 23 Sep 2019 at 8:37pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:56pm
Didnt see the game. How did he play?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He’s planning to meet with him at the club bar after

They don't call him Jack 'Daniels' Byrne for nothingLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 138>
  Share Topic