You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 919293
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

You would have to question the players commitment to the professional game abroad, I think he just likes his COMFORTS a bit much which he can enjoy whilst playing at home at the level he is playing, a talented player none the less

I think you need to educate yourself a little on the serious personal problems Jack was going through towards the end of his time in the UK.  
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

You would have to question the players commitment to the professional game abroad, I think he just likes his COMFORTS a bit much which he can enjoy whilst playing at home at the level he is playing, a talented player none the less

I think you need to educate yourself a little on the serious personal problems Jack was going through towards the end of his time in the UK.  

What personal problems are you referring to?
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss!"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

What personal problems are you referring to?
Alcoholism, presumably.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 2:16pm
If Celtic haven't paid a few million for a player, that player has little chance of getting decent game time. There will alway be a player who has cost a few million that they would feel obliged to play instead.

Jack Byrne wouldn't get a look in at Celtic. Might do a job at somewhere like Aberdeen or Hibs though. Then again, Kilmarnock didn't go well for him. Probably better suited to continental football alright. 
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If Celtic haven't paid a few million for a player, that player has little chance of getting decent game time. There will alway be a player who has cost a few million that they would feel obliged to play instead.

Jack Byrne wouldn't get a look in at Celtic. Might do a job at somewhere like Aberdeen or Hibs though. Then again, Kilmarnock didn't go well for him. Probably better suited to continental football alright. 

Even Rogic struggles to get a look in at times, if Celtic continue to play 3 centre midfielders he has Brown, McGregor, Ntcham, Christie, Rogic, Soro etc. to compete with. You dont get time to settle in at Celtic or adapt. Hit the ground running or be discarded. 
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 12:45pm
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 1:14pm
Middle Ireland should stop sticking blow up their nose every weekend. Probably be a quicker way of getting rid of Kinahan. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Middle Ireland should stop sticking blow up their nose every weekend. Probably be a quicker way of getting rid of Kinahan. 
This. Well said.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 1:48pm

Or just decriminalise it.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Spouter of Utter Nonsense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Or just decriminalise it.

That'd be too sensible a solution.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 919293
  Share Topic