Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:49pm
He was more than "hacking it" at Oldham, he just fell out with the new manager who came it.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He was more than "hacking it" at Oldham, he just fell out with the new manager who came it.

Wasn’t it his attitude that caused the fall out?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 9:46pm
No, I believe it was to do with an incident where the manager believed Byrne had tried to deliberately injure a teammate in training; Byrne denied this despite the manager's insistence that he admit to it, and thus the manager effectively banished him.
We're decent enough..
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 9:55pm

No, I believe it was to do with an incident where the manager believed Byrne had tried to deliberately injure a teammate in training; Byrne denied this despite the manager's insistence that he admit to it, and thus the manager effectively banished him.

Fair enough
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:09am

So his attitude
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

So his attitude

If you were accused of a malicious act, and genuinely did not commit it intentionally, would you admit to it? You could just as easily argue that the manager behaved like a tw*t.
We're decent enough..
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:26am

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

So his attitude

If you were accused of a malicious act, and genuinely did not commit it intentionally, would you admit to it? You could just as easily argue that the manager behaved like a tw*t.

or a cock
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

He’s playing in the LOI lads. Calm down.

Yeah it's completely unrealistic to compare Wes Hoolahan to a footballer who is playing in the league of ireland at 23 years of age.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

He’s playing in the LOI lads. Calm down.

Yeah it's completely unrealistic to compare Wes Hoolahan to a footballer who is playing in the league of ireland at 23 years of age.
Wes worked his bollox off to make it the UK. Blackpool etc....great attitude to battle up through the divisions. I doubt Byrne has the same desire to graft. Hopefully he can fulfill his undoubted potential 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:11pm
Was at the Bohs and Rovers game tonight (and I believe McCarthy and TC was too) showed glimpses of good play, movement and passing ability but drifted out of the game too much.

Walked around the pitch doing SFA the second half, don't think I seen him make a tackle during the game, looks to be a player with a bad attitude.

In both the Rovers games, he failed to make any real impact against Bohs a part time team, yet people are expecting him to play against the Swiss who have players playing regularly at major championships, CL and EL.

I'd be very surprised if he plays any part in the next 2 games.

Thought Aaron McEniff played very well.

Edited by horsebox - 30 Aug 2019 at 11:15pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Was at the Bohs and Rovers game tonight (and I believe McCarthy and TC was too) showed glimpses of good play, movement and passing ability but drifted out of the game too much.

Walked around the pitch doing SFA the second half, don't think I seen him make a tackle during the game, looks to be a player with a bad attitude.

In both the Rovers games, he failed to make any real impact against Bohs a part time team, yet people are expecting him to play against the Swiss who have players playing regularly at major championships, CL and EL.

Im not sure how you come to the conclusion that he looks to be a player with a bad attitude. Hes been man of the match in how many games this season including the european games. He cant be awesome every single game. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:20pm
Finn was rovers best player, Burke took his goal well but fa else, Byrne just kicks it in the corner, what’s the fuss? Mandriou miles better player and he’s nowhere close to full international level, Byrne’s all hype.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Im not sure how you come to the conclusion that he looks to be a player with a bad attitude. Hes been man of the match in how many games this season including the european games. He cant be awesome every single game. 

He was sulking around the pitch in the second half, not pulling his weight, he was a passenger.

I'm aware of how well he played in some other games. But he didn't do it tonight.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 12:06am
Burke was the difference today compared to recent Derby games. Byrne wasn’t even in the top 5 players tonight
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 12:22am
Byrne hasn't performed against us all season. He can be man of the match in as many games as you want. How many times has he done it in the derby, or against Dundalk? Because that's what you would be throwing him into against Switzerland. A high stakes game against opponents who are well up for it. Granted, I've only seen him this season for the full 90 against us and once v Dundalk, but his performances in those games to me are telling.

Honestly trying to put my Ireland cap on and be as unbiased as possible here. Burke is not international standard but he had the stomach for the fight tonight and proved to be the difference. Byrne, to me, doesn't have that.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 31 Aug 2019 at 12:25am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Byrne hasn't performed against us all season. He can be man of the match in as many games as you want. How many times has he done it in the derby, or against Dundalk? Because that's what you would be throwing him into against Switzerland. A high stakes game against opponents who are well up for it. Granted, I've only seen him this season for the full 90 against us and once v Dundalk, but his performances in those games to me are telling.

Honestly trying to put my Ireland cap on and be as unbiased as possible here. Burke is not international standard but he had the stomach for the fight tonight and proved to be the difference. Byrne, to me, doesn't have that.

Granted he was the difference in many of the EL games. Might not be consistent enough but it’s not like he hasn’t turned up in big games for Rovers. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:58am
He’s in the squad. He is there on merit and mick has seen him play a number of times. I’d let mick be the judge whether he is good enough to play. Don’t expect him to play until the Bulgaria game

Edited by t_rAndy - 31 Aug 2019 at 9:58am
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 10:33am
Haven't Rovers played something like five games in two weeks? Mightn't fatigue be an issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 138>
  Share Topic