Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

“Hard work will always beat talent that doesnt work hard”.

A platitude used by the talentless to console themselves. By and large, the best rise to the top so long as they don't have an absolutely atrocious attitude. 
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:53pm
Even though he plays for Rovers I hope he stays here as players like this will bring more people to games. It would be nice if we could entice players to stay a bit longer or play there last couple of seasons here although that doesn't always work out.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 9:56pm
Amazing tonight, his set piece deliveries were on another level. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:02pm
He was unreal tonight, some of the turns and runs he was making were unbelievable, and set piece delivery perfect
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:02pm
[QUOTE=kevincronin2000]Amazing tonight, his set piece deliveries were on another level. [/QUOTE

To put into context, Apollon knocked out Basel to make the Europa League Group stage last year. They then finished ahead of Marseille in that group. They couldn't get near Byrne at times tonight.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:10pm
I hope Mick or Robbie are keeping an eye on him. Wonder are they though? Be a shame if they werent. Deserves to be in the next squad.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:13pm
He’s obviously enjoying his football which is great to hear.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:34pm
Really hope he dosent go back to England when his time to move on comes around sooner or later, I Know people close to him are advising him to go back to Holland if the chance arises 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I hope Mick or Robbie are keeping an eye on him. Wonder are they though? Be a shame if they werent. Deserves to be in the next squad.

Mick said earlier in the week he would have someone at the game in Tallaght. He was in Dundalk himself last night
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Mick said earlier in the week he would have someone at the game in Tallaght. He was in Dundalk himself last night

Hadnt seen that. Good to hear.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Really hope he dosent go back to England when his time to move on comes around sooner or later, I Know people close to him are advising him to go back to Holland if the chance arises 

Ya you could defo see him go european again. These performances in EL will defo bring him attention. Im sure the Norwegians were impressed by him. Maybe Shams pay him enough to keep him here for a while.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 11:20pm
would be best for the national team if he goes to a more challenging league. We need someone like him. Just hope he doesn’t fail in a top league for the 5th time. Seems like he finally has fixed his attitude issues that were rumored to plague him elsewhere. 
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 1:10am
We've scored 6 goals in Europe so far this season, he has the assist on 5 of them and scored the other one. He's been the best player on the park in every game. Give him a chance for Ireland.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 2:00am
Some Dundalk fan on Twitter getting absolutely hammered for saying Byrne has been quiet in every game he's seen him in and argued that Jamie McGrath had a bigger impact in their respective European games. My personal favourite being "(Poster's name) take those 6 fingers out of your sister for God's sake and get out and watch the man play" LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 2:29am
I saw that.

I wasn't even aware that Jamie McGrath was getting his game for Dundalk.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 7:12am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Some Dundalk fan on Twitter getting absolutely hammered for saying Byrne has been quiet in every game he's seen him in and argued that Jamie McGrath had a bigger impact in their respective European games. My personal favourite being "(Poster's name) take those 6 fingers out of your sister for God's sake and get out and watch the man play" LOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 8:15am
In fairness let’s not get carried away, while he has been the best player in the country over the last month & has been immense for Rovers in Europe he has had plenty of quiet/poor games throughout the season too.  
I think the European game really suits him & suits Rovers too. A lot of European sides don’t press enough without the ball, and as we’ve seen press Rovers and they’ll make mistakes but sit off and let them play and your playing into their hands, especially Jack Byrne. 
Great win yesterday 

Oh & Jack Byrne > Jamie McGrath LOL

Edited by 9fingers - 26 Jul 2019 at 8:19am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:19am
Would it be fair to say he’s had more average games then excellent games this season? Just asking as I havnt seen much of him and looking at Rovers results 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 138>
  Share Topic