Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:32am
LOL
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:49am
LOLLOLLOL
You’re dead right! Randolph is another one who wouldn’t have done anything last night and yet he gets caps ahead of Jack Byrne! Where’s Joe Duffy’s number and my nipple clamps?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:11am
I'd rather see him settled with Rovers and lighting up the the LOI and raising the standard to the point where we are beating better sides in Europe rather than being in and out of a championship club, for now at least.

There's a number of examples of players lighting up the league here (Maguire, Forrester and Towell the obvious ones) and they don't really reach the levels that were expected when they go to England (or back to England).

Wouldn't begrudge him a move to a decent club and more money, but happy if he is not rushing out of the league too.

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Jul 2019 at 9:12am
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:26am
The auld lol - League of laughs 
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:31am
Class act last night. No player in the current Ireland squad like him and can do what he can with a ball. 

To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
You’re dead right! Randolph is another one who wouldn’t have done anything last night and yet he gets caps ahead of Jack Byrne! Where’s Joe Duffy’s number and my nipple clamps?
be the funny man instead of some logical debate. Yawn.
There is nothing logical to your debate. 
The only person who can be blamed for Jack Byrnes downward trajectory is himself. 
Whelan & McClean put the effort & focus in 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:33am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'd rather see him settled with Rovers and lighting up the the LOI and raising the standard to the point where we are beating better sides in Europe rather than being in and out of a championship club, for now at least.

There's a number of examples of players lighting up the league here (Maguire, Forrester and Towell the obvious ones) and they don't really reach the levels that were expected when they go to England (or back to England).

Wouldn't begrudge him a move to a decent club and more money, but happy if he is not rushing out of the league too.

Trying to look at this as objectively as i can given he plays for them, he's a prime example of why England isn't the be all and end all. His alleged attitude while he was across the water aside, championship football just doesn't suit him. A move to the continent would suit him down to the ground. I think Mandroiu is the same. There's a reason why Byrne impressed in Holland and flopped in the english lower leagues.

The player most ready to move over to English league football is Michael Duffy.

Also, Seanie Maguire is doing well in the Championship, to be fair to him. Just can't stay fit.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 19 Jul 2019 at 9:34am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:37am

best player I've ever seen in lol.

LOLLOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:41am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

best player I've ever seen in lol.

LOLLOL

LOL he's not even the best player in the league. That's Duffy IMO
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:53am

Sad for Irish football and football in general when players like Whelan and mcclean play in the premier league and the Irish team while wonderful footballers like Byrne struggle to make a career.

I get where you're coming from but I think this quote from writer Stephen King sums up talent in EVERY aspect of life, not just football.

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work"

Whelan and McClean should be commended for getting to the heights they have. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:58am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
There is nothing logical to your debate. 
The only person who can be blamed for Jack Byrnes downward trajectory is himself. 
Whelan & McClean put the effort & focus in 
Exactly. Hard work and good attitude outways ability on its own **outweighs🙈

Edited by BigStrongMan - 19 Jul 2019 at 1:23pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Sad for Irish football and football in general when players like Whelan and mcclean play in the premier league and the Irish team while wonderful footballers like Byrne struggle to make a career.

I get where you're coming from but I think this quote from writer Stephen King sums up talent in EVERY aspect of life, not just football.

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work"

Whelan and McClean should be commended for getting to the heights they have. 

Stephen King has always had a hard on for Whelan to be fair
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:43am
I’d rather read a book of Glenn’s short stories...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:44am

LOLLOLLOL
You are the kind of funny I can only dream of being. No effort at all required. A natural talent.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Trying to look at this as objectively as i can given he plays for them, he's a prime example of why England isn't the be all and end all. His alleged attitude while he was across the water aside, championship football just doesn't suit him. A move to the continent would suit him down to the ground. I think Mandroiu is the same. There's a reason why Byrne impressed in Holland and flopped in the english lower leagues.

Also, Seanie Maguire is doing well in the Championship, to be fair to him. Just can't stay fit.

It's hard to criticize players for thinking that England is the only option as it's probably all they've been told since they were young. 

It was refreshing to hear Neil Farrugia say that if he was to move abroad, it would be to the continent and not the lower leagues in England. There are so many previous examples of our players "failing" to make it over there, that it has to be a viable alternative pathway for them.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:59pm
“Hard work will always beat talent that doesnt work hard”.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It's hard to criticize players for thinking that England is the only option as it's probably all they've been told since they were young. 

It was refreshing to hear Neil Farrugia say that if he was to move abroad, it would be to the continent and not the lower leagues in England. There are so many previous examples of our players "failing" to make it over there, that it has to be a viable alternative pathway for them.

Byrne knows better than that though, he had his best year of football on the continent.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Kenny seems very keen on Neil Farrugia. Will be interesting to see if he’ll make the step up to the senior squad if still at Rovers in 18 months.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 138>
  Share Topic