Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The timing of Wellens' comments (a few days before the expiry of his loan) tells you everything you need to know.... It's sour grapes, pure and simple. Do you really think he'd be makimg those comments if Byrne was likely to extend his loan?

As for the questioning of his performance levels, he's been outstanding for Oldham. Himself and Eoin Doyle have essentially transformed them from cannon fodder to a relatively safe outfit. I'd imagine Wigan don't want him because there's already been a falling out there, and rather than risking any bad blood in an already winning side, they'd rather sell him to one of the many other bigger sides who have been impressed by him.

This is the kind of utter sh*te that often passes unquestioned here. Mind me asking, what bigger clubs exactly ?? Name a couple of the ''many other'' clubs.  And if so many of them are interested, how come they aren't queuing up to buy him right now, when it is reasonably clear Championship bound Wigan probably have no further use for him and would let him go at a reasonable price ? 

Have Scottish moneybags Hearts, currently sitting in a safe 5th out of 12 in a one team league, simply outbid everyone for his coveted signature ? Pull the other one chief, no matter what way ya choose to dress it up, this lad is stumbling sideways between less than mediocre football outfits, and is as far away from a big club as the day he left Man City. 

Calm down princess, bigger clubs than OLDHAM, not necessarily Wigan (who I'd place on roughly the same standard as Hearts, Byrne's most likely destination). If Wigan were in 7th/8th position I've no doubt they'd take Byrne back to see if he could reinvigorate them, his form is excellent, 7 goals and 5 assists in 23 games! However Wigan aren't 7th or 8th, they're 1st. They have done well without him, and Cook clearly doesn't see eye to eye with him, so why would he risk creating trouble for himself in a winning team? Of course he's going to cash in on his form player that he doesn't actually need...
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

It's sour grapes from Wellens as he wants Jack to stay. He's been there best player with plenty of assists and goals from midfield . Look what the fans think of him for a real opinion on him. Seen clowns write him off because Oldham have supposedly let him go now aswel. Couldn't be further from the truth.

What Oldham games did you watch this season?

all of them I'm a season ticket holder.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:34pm
Starting today v Shrewsbury
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 10:40pm
Hearts have pulled the plug on any potential deal. Wigan don't want him, it seems. League 1 rivals Oldham, Plymouth, Peterborough interested, according to reports.

Rumours that the Oldham loan deal consisted of Wigan receiving £200 for every league point won, with no wage contribution.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 10:55pm

As for the questioning of his performance levels, he's been outstanding for Oldham. Himself and Eoin Doyle have essentially transformed them from cannon fodder to a relatively safe outfit. I'd imagine Wigan don't want him because there's already been a falling out there, and rather than risking any bad blood in an already winning side, they'd rather sell him to one of the many other bigger sides who have been impressed by him.

Calm down princess, bigger clubs than OLDHAM, not necessarily Wigan (who I'd place on roughly the same standard as Hearts, Byrne's most likely destination). If Wigan were in 7th/8th position I've no doubt they'd take Byrne back to see if he could reinvigorate them, his form is excellent, 7 goals and 5 assists in 23 games! However Wigan aren't 7th or 8th, they're 1st. They have done well without him, and Cook clearly doesn't see eye to eye with him, so why would he risk creating trouble for himself in a winning team? Of course he's going to cash in on his form player that he doesn't actually need...[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Hearts have pulled the plug on any potential deal. Wigan don't want him, it seems. League 1 rivals Oldham, Plymouth, Peterborough interested, according to reports.

Rumours that the Oldham loan deal consisted of Wigan receiving £200 for every league point won, with no wage contribution.

Plymouth & Peterborough, sleeping giants of English football. Bigger than Oldham, but not bigger than mighty Wigan. Any other of the ''many bigger clubs'' between 8th & 20th (such a gulf between those teams) in League 1 interested ? 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:32am
Richie Wellens confirms Jack Byrne is set to join Oldham Athletic on a permanent deal:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-jack-byrne-wigan-14152151.amp
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 4:46pm

Richie Wellens confirms Jack Byrne is set to join Oldham Athletic on a permanent deal:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-jack-byrne-wigan-14152151.amp

Confirmed today.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 4:47pm

Confirmed today.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 1:58pm
We're decent enough..
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:14pm
Would be nice to see jack play in a more technical league. Although roughing it up in league will be a great develpment for his physical side. Think he'll end up a top player
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:37pm

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/if-i-live-up-to-the-hype-then-great-ill-give-it-my-best-shot-irelands-jack-byrne-36613148.html

A nice change from the "Byrne's a troublemaker/waster" rhetoric.

Excellent article mate.  

It talks about the impact of Internet and social media on Jack's confidence. So if you're looking in Jack.... I think you are a smashing player   Big smile
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 10:33pm
Enjoyed that article, a very good read Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 10:35pm

Dan McDonnell is a good journalist in fairness
El Puto Amo
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:53am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Dan McDonnell is a good journalist in fairness

always enjoy his work tbh
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:50pm
Gets dropped today, comes on scores a cracker within 2 mins and then sets up Doyle to put Oldham ahead 2-1.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:55pm
He'd been quiet the last few weeks, so getting dropped may have been the wake up call he needed. Hopefully Oldham stay up; between themselves, Northampton, Rochdale, and Bury (the current bottom 4) there's 15/16 Irish guys in danger of being relegated to L2, lots of them are reasonably young talents too...
We're decent enough..
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:00pm
Yeah his celebration looked like it was aimed at Wellens ran towards him with a bulls head on him but was obiously the kick up the arse he needed. Changed the game for them. McEleney started today aswel.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:25pm
The sort of play who requires a regular kick up the arse, by the looks of it. His a ability is in little doubt, but it takes a lot more than just that to succeed in professional football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 138>
  Share Topic