You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 138>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 5:25pm
Going back to Wigan in January apparently. Hopefully he keeps playing well.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

2 goals and an assist so far for Jack Clap

His first goal was quality.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 11:57pm
Oldham boss Richie Wellens here, not being too complimentary toward Jack Byrne. 

To be fair to Byrne, there may be other factors at play here, his loan deal is up and he is free to talk to other clubs, and seemingly he has been in talks with Hearts in Scotland, so maybe Wellens is upset over that. Even at that, to go by those comments, it is yet another manager Jack seems to have fallen out with, or fallen out of favour with. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 1:06pm
In the two games I have seen him this season I can see what Wellens is saying tbf. He did very little to influence the games bar complain and moan. The fans I chatted to did say they were off days for him and generally was performing much better
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 3:13pm
Sounds a little like sour grapes from Wellens. He was very complimentary about Jack as recently as a couple of weeks ago, saying that he wanted him to stay. 7 goals in 20 matches from midfield doesn't bespeak a player under-performing. Seems he's headed for Hearts in a deal which involves Jamie Walker going the other way.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 30 Dec 2017 at 3:17pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 3:37pm
Not all that keen at the prospect of him playing for Hearts. Would hope that he’d find a championship club
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Not all that keen at the prospect of him playing for Hearts. Would hope that he’d find a championship club

He’ll tear it up and end up at Celtic
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 6:24pm
Fairly immature stuff from Wellens. He obviously know Byrne's loan isn't going to be extended so he's decided to have a parting dig.
We're decent enough..
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 4:59am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Fairly immature stuff from Wellens. He obviously know Byrne's loan isn't going to be extended so he's decided to have a parting dig.

I'd nearly agree if it were an isolated case of Byrne having a disagreement with his club manager. Question, if he did that great at Oldham, like some people claim (and I will freely admit not having seeing him once this season) , how come he isn't going back to Wigan to help them with their promotion push, seeing as they do have first call on him ?? 

Or put it another way, if Wigan do get promoted, does anyone see him going back there next year when Wigan are in the Championship ? I have a feeling I know the answer to that one. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 12:00pm
The timing of Wellens' comments (a few days before the expiry of his loan) tells you everything you need to know.... It's sour grapes, pure and simple. Do you really think he'd be makimg those comments if Byrne was likely to extend his loan?

As for the questioning of his performance levels, he's been outstanding for Oldham. Himself and Eoin Doyle have essentially transformed them from cannon fodder to a relatively safe outfit. I'd imagine Wigan don't want him because there's already been a falling out there, and rather than risking any bad blood in an already winning side, they'd rather sell him to one of the many other bigger sides who have been impressed by him.
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 4:31pm
Yep bad blood with Wigan, Oldham, Blackburn and Ireland under-21...... sensing a pattern there??
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 6:20pm
Hardly bad blood with Oldham, Wellens is just behaving like a petulant child because Byrne has decided to move elsewhere upon the completion of his lian, which he is perfectly entitled to do.
We're decent enough..
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 4:09am

The timing of Wellens' comments (a few days before the expiry of his loan) tells you everything you need to know.... It's sour grapes, pure and simple. Do you really think he'd be makimg those comments if Byrne was likely to extend his loan?

As for the questioning of his performance levels, he's been outstanding for Oldham. Himself and Eoin Doyle have essentially transformed them from cannon fodder to a relatively safe outfit. I'd imagine Wigan don't want him because there's already been a falling out there, and rather than risking any bad blood in an already winning side, they'd rather sell him to one of the many other bigger sides who have been impressed by him.

This is the kind of utter sh*te that often passes unquestioned here. Mind me asking, what bigger clubs exactly ?? Name a couple of the ''many other'' clubs.  And if so many of them are interested, how come they aren't queuing up to buy him right now, when it is reasonably clear Championship bound Wigan probably have no further use for him and would let him go at a reasonable price ? 

Have Scottish moneybags Hearts, currently sitting in a safe 5th out of 12 in a one team league, simply outbid everyone for his coveted signature ? Pull the other one chief, no matter what way ya choose to dress it up, this lad is stumbling sideways between less than mediocre football outfits, and is as far away from a big club as the day he left Man City. 

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 5:39am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

This is the kind of utter sh*te that often passes unquestioned here. Mind me asking, what bigger clubs exactly ?? Name a couple of the ''many other'' clubs.  And if so many of them are interested, how come they aren't queuing up to buy him right now, when it is reasonably clear Championship bound Wigan probably have no further use for him and would let him go at a reasonable price ? 

Have Scottish moneybags Hearts, currently sitting in a safe 5th out of 12 in a one team league, simply outbid everyone for his coveted signature ? Pull the other one chief, no matter what way ya choose to dress it up, this lad is stumbling sideways between less than mediocre football outfits, and is as far away from a big club as the day he left Man City. 

Im afraid i have to agree. I once hoped he was our next saving grace, but evidence has proved me wrong. Championship at best seems his level. Pity.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 11:58am
Hoolahan was at Livingston, Blackpool, I wouldn't be writing Byrne off at 21.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 1:53pm
It's sour grapes from Wellens as he wants Jack to stay. He's been there best player with plenty of assists and goals from midfield . Look what the fans think of him for a real opinion on him. Seen clowns write him off because Oldham have supposedly let him go now aswel. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Edited by dubstep - 01 Jan 2018 at 1:53pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

It's sour grapes from Wellens as he wants Jack to stay. He's been there best player with plenty of assists and goals from midfield . Look what the fans think of him for a real opinion on him. Seen clowns write him off because Oldham have supposedly let him go now aswel. Couldn't be further from the truth.

What Oldham games did you watch this season?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Hoolahan was at Livingston, Blackpool, I wouldn't be writing Byrne off at 21.
Attitude. Goes a long way in sport. And life in general.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 138>
  Share Topic