Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 7:03pm
When you go to a match with the preconceived notion that a guy has a bad attitude, you're a fair bit more likely to attribute anything that goes wrong for them to that "bad attitude". I'd imagine that'll be a problem for Jack for the rest of his career, and all because of unsubstantiated hearsay...
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

When you go to a match with the preconceived notion that a guy has a bad attitude, you're a fair bit more likely to attribute anything that goes wrong for them to that "bad attitude". I'd imagine that'll be a problem for Jack for the rest of his career, and all because of unsubstantiated hearsay...

Fell out with Coyle
Fell out with Warren Joyce
Fell out with Paul Cook

Or none of the 3 rated him as a footballer, whichever. Either means he isn't as good a footballer as some think, given the lowly nature of all 3 clubs & he didn't get a run of games for any of them, or he has attitude (or some other unspecified) issues that are very much substantiated by the fact that he was shipped out of all 3 of them pretty quickly. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I didn't really tbh but his petulance on the pitch was clear for all to see
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:28pm
Wins the official man of the match award for his performance today, the chap has talent to Byrne...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 7:50pm
And another
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:05pm
Don't know why the FAI dont encourage more players to go and stay abroad ala Sheridan as opposed to languishing in the lower leagues of England. Be a far better experience and encourage better football as well. If Im not wrong Byrne returned to England as he felt he had a better chance of getting a call-up even though he was doing very well in the Eredivisie, or have I got it wrong?
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:57pm
Scored another that's 2 tonight
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Scored another that's 2 tonight
I didn't know you were good at maths
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 9:23pm
Well he's hardly "languishing" at the moment, if anything his form has been more impressive for Oldham than it was in Holland, albeit at a lower level.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by DC96 DC96 wrote:

Don't know why the FAI dont encourage more players to go and stay abroad ala Sheridan as opposed to languishing in the lower leagues of England. Be a far better experience and encourage better football as well. If Im not wrong Byrne returned to England as he felt he had a better chance of getting a call-up even though he was doing very well in the Eredivisie, or have I got it wrong?
What could they do to encourage that?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:12am
Yeah , I’ve said it for years they should have a liaison in place for players playing in mainland Europe. As well as that they could help LOI clubs (yep,unlikely) to partner up with clubs on the continent etc ..

Edited by BabbsBalls - 08 Nov 2017 at 8:14am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:40am
He must start on Saturday
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

You would think the FAI were doing all the could by trying to destroy the League of Ireland.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He must start on Saturday

Im sure he will, hes started their last 12 games sure Wink
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

You would think the FAI were doing all the could by trying to destroy the League of Ireland.
LOLClap
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:43pm
I meant encourage players to try foreign leagues instead of playing just League 1 or Championship level. In hindsight my wording was god awful.

Obviously in an ideal world they'll stay in the LOI but thats not realistic due to the wage difference etc. If more players followed the Sheridan route and tried european leagues outside of England at a decent quality maybe itd help many players develop their game, especially in countries with different styles.

I recall Byrne stating he moved back to England as it'd help his chances of getting called up (maybe I'm wrong on this, but swear I heard it somewhere) whereas it seemed in Holland he was really developing nicely, and the Eredivisie is definitely at a higher standard than League 1 even if the side he was with at the time were dead last.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 10:37pm

I meant encourage players to try foreign leagues instead of playing just League 1 or Championship level. In hindsight my wording was god awful.

Obviously in an ideal world they'll stay in the LOI but thats not realistic due to the wage difference etc. If more players followed the Sheridan route and tried european leagues outside of England at a decent quality maybe itd help many players develop their game, especially in countries with different styles.

I recall Byrne stating he moved back to England as it'd help his chances of getting called up (maybe I'm wrong on this, but swear I heard it somewhere) whereas it seemed in Holland he was really developing nicely, and the Eredivisie is definitely at a higher standard than League 1 even if the side he was with at the time were dead last.
Whatever about anything else, I would expect that the Oldham team he plays in now, at the foot of League One, is far better than the Cambuur team he played in. The bottom half of the Eredivisie is of quite a low standard. If he had done similar for Hamilton Accies against Celtic he would hardly have been mentioned on here at the time.

I also don't see how the FAI can tell players what to do with their careers.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 3:58pm
2 goals and an assist so far for Jack Clap

"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 138>
  Share Topic