You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Eamon Dunphy still thinks he’s playing !!

He and Giles have lost the plot. 
Giles wants more direct football to a target man (under previous managers he was saying midfielders should be showing for the ball).
Dunphy is a terrible presenter (talking about the Stand), spends too much time on pointless things, things to complain about. For instance this week they covered the travel issues and NL being a bad idea at the start of the podcast, then for the last topic he wanted to discuss, the upcoming Finland game, rather than focus on the football he went back to again the fact we were travelling again and how its madness. 

Stealing a living these days the lads!
Giles is 100% right. He laments the absence of a playmaker capable of the final pass - and a striker wily enough to read it. He says our possession game lacks penetration. Too many tiny passes getting us nowhere. That's exactly what happened against Wales. High percentage tip-tap, low percentage strike rate. One shot on target all night. Your post misrepresents Giles' comments - he certainly does not want  a return to the hoof - quite the opposite - he's a strong Kenny advocate. What he says is just common sense - despite his hideous crime of being old. 
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

warming down?? From f**king what?
Warming up.

LOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Giles wants more direct football to a target man (under previous managers he was saying midfielders should be showing for the ball).
Dunphy is a terrible presenter (talking about the Stand), spends too much time on pointless things, things to complain about. For instance this week they covered the travel issues and NL being a bad idea at the start of the podcast, then for the last topic he wanted to discuss, the upcoming Finland game, rather than focus on the football he went back to again the fact we were travelling again and how its madness. 

Giles is 100% right. He laments the absence of a playmaker capable of the final pass - and a striker wily enough to read it. He says our possession game lacks penetration. Too many tiny passes getting us nowhere. That's exactly what happened against Wales. High percentage tip-tap, low percentage strike rate. One shot on target all night. Your post misrepresents Giles' comments - he certainly does not want  a return to the hoof - quite the opposite - he's a strong Kenny advocate. What he says is just common sense - despite his hideous crime of being old. 

I do think he probably still meant use the midfield too, he wants the midfielders to turn on the ball and get it forward. But he didn't make that  clear. He definitely doesn't agree with keeping possession for possession sake. 

The answer is somewhere in the middle
Mr Brick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 4:19am

I do think he probably still meant use the midfield too, he wants the midfielders to turn on the ball and get it forward. But he didn't make that  clear. He definitely doesn't agree with keeping possession for possession sake. 

He made the right call. Do you agree with keeping possession for possession sake? Where does that take it to? You should apologise for accusing him of stealing a living. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 8:02am

He made the right call. Do you agree with keeping possession for possession sake? Where does that take it to? You should apologise for accusing him of stealing a living. 
LOL I doubt he reads here.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 8:14am

Hi John. The name is TR. Listen, I wrote that you and Eamon are stealing a living on YBIG. I know you don't read here as you are too busy having a sing song with your old pal John Delaney at the bar, but just want to say, I apologise for my words.

Anyway, I do agree with keeping possession as a way of trying to control the game. You obviously need to take risks as well and get balls forward but the thing is we are trying that. I dont get this that we are just going side to side commentary. We just haven't been good enough in our execution,especially the final ball and decision making when the chance is just opening have been disappointing.  But fact we are getting into these positions is encouraging and I do feel with a full team available the goals and wins will start to come.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 8:24am
The next time he is on 'The Stand' should be fun if he reads on here: 'John, this is a man who sips lager when his wife his full of cum beside him and you were one of the best midfielders of your generation! It's a nonsense.'
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Mr Brick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:25am

Hi John. The name is TR. Listen, I wrote that you and Eamon are stealing a living on YBIG. I know you don't read here as you are too busy having a sing song with your old pal John Delaney at the bar, but just want to say, I apologise for my words.

Anyway, I do agree with keeping possession as a way of trying to control the game. You obviously need to take risks as well and get balls forward but the thing is we are trying that. I dont get this that we are just going side to side commentary. We just haven't been good enough in our execution,especially the final ball and decision making when the chance is just opening have been disappointing.  But fact we are getting into these positions is encouraging and I do feel with a full team available the goals and wins will start to come.
Just forget it. This place is vanishing up its own arse. 
Mr Brick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:39am

The next time he is on 'The Stand' should be fun if he reads on here: 'John, this is a man who sips lager when his wife his full of cum beside him and you were one of the best midfielders of your generation! It's a nonsense.'

I don't know or care what this means. But if you say so, pM, it must be very profound. Adios. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:52am
You want a poster on here to apologise for saying something about an ex-footballer, on here, and when people don't take this nonsense seriously the whole forum is vanishing up its own arse.LOL
Why do you seem to take everything on here so personally? It's a diversion for people with an above healthy interest in a football team. I hate the overuse of the word in the modern world, but it genuinely seems you are offended if someone has a pop at any player or manager, past or present. All I will advise is to give Twitter a miss.LOL
Mr Brick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 12:00pm

You want a poster on here to apologise for saying something about an ex-footballer, on here, and when people don't take this nonsense seriously the whole forum is vanishing up its own arse.LOL
Why do you seem to take everything on here so personally? It's a diversion for people with an above healthy interest in a football team. I hate the overuse of the word in the modern world, but it genuinely seems you are offended if someone has a pop at any player or manager, past or present. All I will advise is to give Twitter a miss.LOL
It was rhetorical for f**k sake. No one needs to apologise for anything. You always take things literally when it suits you. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 12:08pm
That doesn't make any sense.LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm

That doesn't make any sense.LOL

Hey welcome to my world PM Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 2:18pm
Will Jack Byrne turn into the new Scott Hogan or Seanie Maguire? When they didn't get picked or play they were the answer to all the teams ills, then when they did play, they were discarded as not good enough. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
OysterCatcher View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OysterCatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 6:06pm
if, and when, Jack  Byrne gets his chance I'd bet he will make more of an impression that Seani Maguire( who had 1 great season at Cork). I don't even remember your man hogan playing for Ireland, which probably tells its own story.
The bigger question is whether Kenny will have the stones to start Byrne in a game, as its kennys bravery that is now more in question than Byrnes ability. 
Far easier for him to persist with the neutral, pointless midfield of hourihane, mccarthy, hendrick, brady etc..

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 2:48pm
Got a bad dose from the sounds of it. Hopefully no long term effects.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Got a bad dose from the sounds of it. Hopefully no long term effects.
Proof that it spreads in the pubs.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 3:19pm
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110>
  Share Topic