You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Israel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Anyway politics aside, Israeli army women   

https://instagram.com/hotisraeliarmygirls/

They would be impressed by your generosity with your splashing the 5 euro cash on them on a date. The normal guys they date they dont pay for anything and are a bit tight with the cashLOL

Edited by Trap junior - 29 May 2015 at 3:24pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:11pm
Met a few Israeli army birds in Greece years ago. They were on a pre army piss up. Blew any chance I had of the ride by drunkenly telling the one I was kissing that ' it was a shame youwill be murdering kids in a month or two'.
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:27pm
[QUOTE=pre Madonna] Met a few Israeli army birds in Greece years ago. They were on a pre army piss up. Blew any chance I had of the ride by drunkenly telling the one I was kissing that ' it was a shame youwill be murdering kids in a month or two'. [/QUOTE

legend

Coleman all the money you spend there is taxed as you know. i wouldn't like to think next time some poor lad gets shot "did i pay for the bullet"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:33pm
Being honest has it's drawbacks. I pulled an Aussie hippy who overheard though. My one and only ride in a tent.
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:42pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 1:13am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Being honest has it's drawbacks. I pulled an Aussie hippy who overheard though. My one and only ride in a tent.
So you've never been to Oxegen?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:07am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

So you've never been to Oxegen?

Negator . f**king hate camping.
Camping up however. ....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

They would be impressed by your generosity with your splashing the 5 euro cash on them on a date. The normal guys they date they dont pay for anything and are a bit tight with the cashLOL

Thankfully my €5 nights are over.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 10:06pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Thankfully my €5 nights are over.

Oh I somehow doubt it , unless you get paid a months wages every week
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 10:43pm
This being paid once a month craic is not good. Live like a King for for 2 weeks and then broke until the next payday.

Israelis would be disgusted with my blasé attitude to airgead
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 11:41pm

This being paid once a month craic is not good. Live like a King for for 2 weeks and then broke until the next payday.

Israelis would be disgusted with my blasé attitude to airgead

you better start saving if you want to become one.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 10:28am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

bump

I have hummed and hawed over this for a while now (due to moral and ethical reasons etc.) but finally bit the bullet by booking return flights to Israel in November. It is somewhere I've always wanted to go and see mainly because of the history that surrounds the region and the fact I love travelling. The difficulty I have is reconciling the moral and ethical issues with the State of Israel. 

Anyhow, one of the ways of reconciling these issues is to limit my expenditure as far as reasonable to non-jewish businesses like hotels etc. The problem I'm finding is the accommodation providers don't leave too many traces of their backgrounds when I try to book even in Arab areas like Jaffa (finding Arabic restaurants shouldn't be too bad I reckon). 

I intend to spend a day or two in Jaffa and then a day or two in Jerusalem with the rest of the time, possibly another day or so, spent in the West Bank. 

To cut to the chase I'd appreciate if those of you who have been there would share any tips you have. 

Cheers in advance  Thumbs Up
Coleman my old mucker here we go .
So i take it you will fly into Tel Aviv when you get there make sure you don't get your passport stamped they will give you two bits of paper with your name face and passport details on them , don't lose them as you need them when you leave also hotels ask for them also .
You can take the train in to downtown .
Things to do look you have to have a look at the beaches but November will be chilly here it will ice cols when you hit Jerusalem . If you want to go to Jaffa sure not we were there on Shabbat ( sun down on friday night until sundown Saturday )everything closed the only what we found was the old railway station which has craft shops ok for a stroll around .while in Jaffa walk up to the top of the hill some view down along the coast . We walked all the way back to down town great walk along the beach front . Eating well take you pick as the local love to eat out some amount of dogs i must say as it looked like everyone has a pooch .
Heading off to Jerusalem the bus is the easy option as the train takes longer .
Now very simple if you want all things Arab then stay in East Jerusalem west Jewish simple as that the JLR ( light rail ) runs down parts of east and west and goodness walk across the street and it's hard to understand that you are in the same city .
We stayed in the east part no hassle really but women need to dress right even then Mrs Claret was shot in the ass with a kid with a pellet gun hey what can you do really . 
So much to see and do you will need 4 days to see everything and even then you will miss a few bits .
Hard to know what you want to see but 4 things are unmissable really the Dome of the rock ( bring your passport otherwise you will not get in ), The western wall , Yad Vashem , and my fav the western wall tunnels which are unreal book in advance and you will get an english guide .
Now throw in the Mount of olives , tomb of the virgin Mary and the joy of getting lost in the old city and it's a joy i must say . Look if you get lost and you will just follow the tour groups and you will be fine .
Not sure i would like to stay in the old city as can get werid at times in the evenings when everything locks up for the night . 
The west bank well wanted to spend the day in Bethlehem but major hassles from anyone as soon as we got off the bus until went went home about an hour or so later , look saw what we wanted to but stay away from guides , taxis and anyone who calls you my friend . Hope you have better luck than we did i will never go back for sure . It's a 15 minute walk up the hill where the local bus drops you off no matter what everyone will tell you . You must take your passport when in the west bank as you will get checked . Other than that i would say take a side trip to the dead sea well worth it , you can take the Egged bus or rent a car which what we did , stay in and around Ein Bokek good hotels and all set up to go floating in the dead sea . If you do rent a car bring food and drink with you if you are on a budget as it's about 40% more expensive than in in the cities .
Again the must thing to do is go to Masada unreal take the cable car up and walk back down if you have the time English guides every few hours ours was 9.30am super stuff read about first and make your own mind up about it . I would say you will need two days for this doe this side trip again your call you will never be able to do everything it's up to you what the most important on the must do list .
Enjoy 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 10:45am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

"The moral hazard has been and gone"??
Once you have decided to go on holiday to a militarised apartheid state, its a bit silly to then decide that you don't want to fund the murder machine and will shop accordingly.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 2:29pm
ah, right.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 2:40pm
Every time I am in this thread, Holiday in Cambodia comes on in my head.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 2:56pm
Could not justify going to Israel. I'd feel I'd be supporting their militarism and apartheid policies and it wouldn't sit well with me.
For similar reasons I wouldn't want to holiday in Turkey due to their treatment of the Kurds and other minorities.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 3:05pm
Agree. I mean if we all wanted to live ethically, we would be eating grass but there are some places I couldn't go to, Australia and Israel being at the top of that list
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 3:09pm
Australia? Due to the racism? Treatment of the actual Australians?

Edited by Flanno7hi - 01 Jun 2015 at 3:18pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic