You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isolation/working from home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:19pm
It's crazy that there are full offices working away. The staff need to take action here and make decisions themselves. Talk about sheep mentality Thumbs Down
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

We are finally working from home now
I found it very annoying working in an environment where a lot of people weren’t taking Coronavirus seriously and some even thought it was a joke. Between dickheads pretending to cough when they walked past others and laughing and people not washing their hands. 
Really ?
Bad form that.

Yep. A real ignorance to it

Hand sanitizers all around the office but I noticed that some people never used it 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:25pm

I found it very annoying working in an environment where a lot of people weren’t taking Coronavirus seriously and some even thought it was a joke. Between dickheads pretending to cough when they walked past others and laughing and people not washing their hands. 
Really ?
Bad form that.

Hand sanitizers all around the office but I noticed that some people never used it 
They were putting signs up where I work telling people to wash their hands, I said to them that surely everybody knows, they said they had caught two different people going straight from the toilet to the canteen without touching a tap. Adults being told to wash their hands.Confused
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:26pm
We've had the four offices empty 10 days now, no confirmed case among the workforce so happy that we're isolated from a workplace transmission anyway. Business is protected from everyone falling ill, staff protected from work-transmission, very glad they acted quickly, nobody should be going to an office at the moment, not much that important. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Really ?
Bad form that.

They were putting signs up where I work telling people to wash their hands, I said to them that surely everybody knows, they said they had caught two different people going straight from the toilet to the canteen without touching a tap. Adults being told to wash their hands.Confused

Our building is rife with ones not washing their hands, looking forward to seeing them all tomorrow.

Hopefully something is put in place for us tomorrow as I don’t feel comfortable at all working in a full office at this moment in time.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 9:45pm
Going into the office tomorrow. Our IT infrastructure couldn't cope with initial demand for VPN access so working away on a solution. Imagine it'll be quiet tomorrow in there
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:21am
Few freebies I've availed of to pass the time:

NFL GamePass - free till August - https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/upgrade/plans
Fender Guitar Lessons - 3 months free - https://www.fender.com/play
Library - free to join with access to a Press Reader (loads of magazines, papers for free - https://www.librariesireland.ie/news/online-services-during-coronavirus
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:33am

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
So it turns out my manager who has been off work since last Thursday due to showing the symptoms has tested positive for Covid-19, and senior management have turned round and said it’s pretty much business as usual.

So I phoned 111 and they advised me even though I’m not showing any symptoms I should self isolate for a further week so I walked out of the office and let everyone else on the floor know what advice I was given.

These b@stards are putting f**king people’s lives at risk.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:28pm
packed up the pc and all the other bits today and took them home, will see how this working from home goes

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

packed up the pc and all the other bits today and took them home, will see how this working from home goes
You must have a big basket.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

You must have a big basket.
LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:15pm
We are supposed to be on split shifts, one week on and then off, to try and manage the virus. Yesterday, two of the managers, who were supposed to be off. Today, there are two lads fitting new phones, vital to the running of the country. The lad in charge of health and safety has resigned. Absolutely farcical!LOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:32pm
gonna try to read a few more books as between iPlayer and Netflix I haven’t read as much as I used to 

So books lined up

The German war -Nicholas stargardt

Lost honour betrayed loyalty - Herbert Maeterlinck

Burke and Wills - Peter fitzsimmons

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:33pm
Got a power of work done in the garden today, might rearrange the shed tomorrow! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:41pm
Im still at the office. HR deemed an essential service LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Got a power of work done in the garden today, might rearrange the shed tomorrow! 

Currently working my way through painting decks and sheds - scheduled to be dry this week 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Im still at the office. HR deemed an essential service LOL

Could your company not facilitate you working from home 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
  Share Topic