You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isolation/working from home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:08pm
**** of a day down here today. Had hoped to get out to the garden and do a bit but currently house bound. Got the lawns cut yesterday though so happy with that.

Really fed up today. If it improves a bit going to head for a walk. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:20pm
Being put on a 4 day week from the start of April, the evening shift in our place which is all temps is being done away with

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:49pm
4/5 of your salary i assume?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:18pm
Cut the grass and done some repairs but somehow managed to bruise  my ribs so in a bit of discomfort 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

4/5 of your salary i assume?

Yeah 80%, meetings next week to see how we can work it, try and take a week unpaid and get social welfare then work 3 normal weeks, or do a 3day week followed by a full week.

Some of our major suppliers are closed in Italy so we will run out of parts eventually, this is more cash flow issues though, it’s across all the sites in our company’s organization 

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:43am
Sun shining today so will get out to the garden for most of the day. That will burn some energy and keep me occupied anyways 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:43am
First day on Friday. Found myself very focussed throughout, and enjoyed it. I’ve always felt that Work From Home has the ability to do that.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:22am
Back to work in a busy office tomorrow, annoying especially with everyone preaching social distancing but we aren’t in a position to work from home and our work is essential so the show must go on. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:26am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Back to work in a busy office tomorrow, annoying especially with everyone preaching social distancing but we aren’t in a position to work from home and our work is essential so the show must go on. 

When someone in the office contracts it surely you’ll have to close.. Is there no way of reducing the risk? Change working week/staggered working hours etc.?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

When someone in the office contracts it surely you’ll have to close.. Is there no way of reducing the risk? Change working week/staggered working hours etc.?

The information we have received so far has been so vague, though if anyone in the household feels any of the symptoms a 14 day isolation period is required. But then again there are a lot of Agency workers in our building who will take a financial hit if they isolate luckily I’m not in that position.

Altering working patterns were discussed on Friday but again no decisions have been made, a lot of people will feel uncomfortable and paranoid about sitting in a full office when everyone is being told the importance of social distancing.

Important decisions should have been made last week but as far as I am aware work continues as normal tomorrow.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:42am
Bloke in work, 60, with health issues sent home on Friday. The boss said nothing until someone asked where he was an hour later !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:50am
the last two posters have just illustrated perfectly why Ireland will be hit f**king hard.f**kING ISOLATE. If your boss is interested doing it report the fool. Your health is all that counts.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

the last two posters have just illustrated perfectly why Ireland will be hit f**king hard.f**kING ISOLATE. If your boss is interested doing it report the fool. Your health is all that counts.

I work for the NICS! The government will be held responsible.

If I feel I may be at risk of catching Covid-19 or worse spreading it, I will 100% be self isolating.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:09pm

This type of stupidity in offices is going to do more harm, there is something just not right or adding up about the way the we are tackling this with the measures in place, it seems a bit contradictory tbh
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:52pm

I know.
Our company is Brit owned.
Email said out stating they will do everything to stay open to ‘service our customers’. Bollix, service the fcuking shareholders !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 3:02pm

It's mad to think still companies operating offices full of people. I know people will say certain work can't be done from home etc but don't except that either I work in youth work and we have been working from home the last week (our group numbers are below numbers set by government and could ideally run groups using social distancing). Our board know our targets aren't going to be met because of this decision but they did the right thing and put staff and service users first by shutting the place. 

We can do what we can from home and have been learning about zoom etc this past week to allow us to run group sessions through it
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 5:29pm
We are finally working from home now
I found it very annoying working in an environment where a lot of people weren’t taking Coronavirus seriously and some even thought it was a joke. Between dickheads pretending to cough when they walked past others and laughing and people not washing their hands. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

We are finally working from home now
I found it very annoying working in an environment where a lot of people weren’t taking Coronavirus seriously and some even thought it was a joke. Between dickheads pretending to cough when they walked past others and laughing and people not washing their hands. 
Really ?
Bad form that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic