You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isolation/working from home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:07am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Still in work. People who can work from home have been told they have to come in. We supply pharmaceutical companies so not really in a position to stop.
Not sure how I feel about them refusing to let people work from home though.

It’s contrary to government advice. When you have the capability to WFH the travel and social interaction is no longer necessary. I fully understand there are people who need to be on the frontline, but they are medical people who are doing the most humanitarian and selfless work right now. Companies don’t need to stop work, but when WFH is available, it should be utilised and activated.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:08am
Working away as normal although we’d be probably 20% quieter than normal. 
The motor industry is gonna fall apart over this. Windsor have already laid off all staff temporarily and closed all branches. 
Chatting to lads importing from Japan and the price to bring a car over gone up by 60% already. 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The motor industry is gonna fall apart over this. Windsor have already laid off all staff temporarily and closed all branches. 
Chatting to lads importing from Japan and the price to bring a car over gone up by 60% already. 
Do you think Ford will be in trouble now?

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 19 Mar 2020 at 10:15am
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:22am
been working from home now for the past two weeks. Went out on my own last year and started my own business. That now looks to have been a mistake. I supply to the wholesale and retail business with FMCG and some have already closed down their stores and have cancelled orders. The future looks bleak.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Do you think Ford will be in trouble now?
I dunno to be honest, and no point blindly speculating. What I do know of Ford is they’re in a far better position financially now than they were 11 years ago for the last crash 
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:35am
working from home the last 5 years. No difference for me.  
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 11:36am
Jezzzzz i have to work from home for a couple of weeks , now no problem as i have given the wife a bit of time off to go do the shopping . Now she used to complain about looking after our 13 kids i just dont know what all the fuss is about really .
I have six outside cleaning out the garden shed and 3 of the mowing the garden and the other four are on cooking duites .
Beers in the fridge and a bit of work inbetween and the day is sorted . Nuke
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 11:38am
Working away as noram, though about 70% of our office staff are working at home.
TBH I couldn't be arsed packing up a desktop, monitors and everything else i need to take home. Will probably have to do it eventually though

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Still in work. People who can work from home have been told they have to come in. We supply pharmaceutical companies so not really in a position to stop.
Not sure how I feel about them refusing to let people work from home though.

It’s contrary to government advice. When you have the capability to WFH the travel and social interaction is no longer necessary. I fully understand there are people who need to be on the frontline, but they are medical people who are doing the most humanitarian and selfless work right now. Companies don’t need to stop work, but when WFH is available, it should be utilised and activated.

Behave jobsworth. 
The advice exclusively doesn’t apply to anyone in the Food or pharmaceutical industry and then it has a knock on effect to people like myself who will be keeping these stores open during the worst of times 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:01pm
Moleman is taking the self isolation thing a bit too serious since Liverpool's CL exit
He's gone into hiding

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Moleman is taking the self isolation thing a bit too serious since Liverpool's CL exit
He's gone into hiding

Holy god whatever you do don’t mention his name 3 times in a row LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:10pm
Already running out of work to do at home which is very worrying. The future, as was said above, is bleak 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:11pm
Important to set goals i think when prolonged isolation does come into effect. Very good post above. The attic and the shed will be getting a clear this month!! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:17pm
some dirty f**ker sneezed onto his hands in work there then five minutes later tried to hand me a sheet of paper 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:41pm
Any IT heads able to explain issues with VPN's. Been trying to remote back in the last hour and can't connect. Happening to some colleagues but others are fine. Any reasons?
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:01pm
Try to ping or telnet relevant port no. with internal IP address.

It's possibly your internet connection or check with Helpdesk in office re security settings & firewall.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Any IT heads able to explain issues with VPN's. Been trying to remote back in the last hour and can't connect. Happening to some colleagues but others are fine. Any reasons?

Probably a licensing issue. Some of these firewalls are licensed to x amount of users. If all your users are trying to connect back in at the same time - it won't connect.

Also, what is the error?

There should be a log file somewhere on the system to tell you why you can't connect.

Edited by horsebox - 19 Mar 2020 at 1:42pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Overloaded probably. I know my work had to upgrade ours to handle everyone working from home all of a sudden
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic