You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isolation/working from home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 12:41pm
Positives - drinking a lot less.  Really don’t enjoy drinking in the apartment, only having afew beers on a Friday and Saturday compared to going to the pub after work Friday and then all day on the Saturday...plus the occasional Sunday. 

Bought a PS4 and have been on playing with mates back in Ireland and England, good to get chatting to lads I’ve not really spoke to in a good while. 

Negatives - really bored in work, normally 100 in the office but only about 6/7 in now. Work load down - sounds good but hard to get the day in. 

Normally out playing 5 a side or at Gaelic training 3 nights a week. Didn’t think it was going to be that hard filling my evenings but it is. 

Eating a lot more because there’s nothing else to be at! 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 10:57am
Company i work for has announced the decision to continue to work from home until June 26th
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Company i work for has announced the decision to continue to work from home until June 26th

nice! expecting to be back at Site next Tuesday so i'd say it's the end of working from home for me. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

nice! expecting to be back at Site next Tuesday so i'd say it's the end of working from home for me. 
You will be the only one back. Your missus put in for special dispensation and it was granted on humanitarian grounds 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

You will be the only one back. Your missus put in for special dispensation and it was granted on humanitarian grounds 

LOL
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:07pm
I've started selling retro art stuff on the side...finally turned into my hero Del Boy... IT/Writing/Art... working from home is beautiful.

The question is how I tell the taxman...

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:16pm
Johnny Marr and Justin Williamson together at last. Clap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

I've started selling retro art stuff on the side...finally turned into my hero Del Boy... IT/Writing/Art... working from home is beautiful.

The question is how I tell the taxman...

You have an online outlet/ebay .?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Johnny Marr and Justin Williamson together at last. Clap
LOLLOLFFS 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:05pm
How are people finding this these days?

Nearly eight months on and don't think I'll be back in an office until April! 

With level 5 restrictions etc. finding it hard to stay motivated and feel a little burnt out. 

As you can't really do anything I don't see the point in taking annual leave.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:15pm
Work is the only thing keeping me sane.

I've about 15 days to take between now and the end of the year, I might take about 5 over xmas but that's it.

I literally sit on the couch in the exact same spot from 8am until 12am every single day.

I do get out exercising for about 2 hours a day.

Would love to head back into the office for at least a couple of days a week.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:26pm
Has its good days and bad days, very tough with the lockdown at the moment as I’ve gone 5 weeks now talking to nobody in person but the missus, and she’s out at work all day! Certainly much tougher now than it was at the start especially with it getting dark so early now. When things are back to normal I would probably do 1/2 days a week in the office and 3/4 at home. Should probably start running or something to at least get out of the house a bit but finding it hard to get the motivation at the moment. 

Edited by The White Cafu - 09 Nov 2020 at 4:27pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:31pm
Myself and the wife are both working from home but in separate rooms, and this is a challenge in itself.

You need a bit of freedom and space and social contact with others.

Coaching my daughters football team now at 5 - so will be out of the house for an hour at least.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:33pm
Office is open but only if you really really have to be in there, and for a max of 2 hours per day
Usually go in Thursday and Friday mornings for a few hours
Rest of the week i'm at home, hard enough at times to manage with phone calls, emails coming in and a toddler running about
Those couple of hours on a Thurs/Fri morning in the office are priceless for getting things done

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Nov 2020 at 4:34pm
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:47pm
I have been working from home since early March and at this stage I would love to go back to the office. I work as an accountant and the daily tasks are mundane to say the least but in the office there is a bit of craic amongst us. I'm really missing the social aspect. 
just hit the fecking thing
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

I have been working from home since early March and at this stage I would love to go back to the office. I work as an accountant and the daily tasks are mundane to say the least but in the office there is a bit of craic amongst us. I'm really missing the social aspect. 
Same here - WFH myself since mid May and while it's nice to get the few extra hours in bed in the mornings and save a pile of money in bus fares, I also miss the craic in the office. The rest of the team I work with feel the same way, you do feel cut off from everyone else being at home all day. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 6:29pm
I'm in half the time, very glad for it as I couldn't work at home every day but even in work, you'd miss the pints on a Friday, having lunch with different people (a lot still out), having lunch with a big group, some days there's just no motivation between anybody, everyone just fed up 

Edited by nvidic - 09 Nov 2020 at 6:29pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 7:23pm
WFH since March. I'm working off one laptop screen back home as opposed two large monitors in the office and it's cxxtish as I work in banking ops and I need the extra screen. I'm working more hours these days and If I take any break I'll only end up finishing late in the evenings. 

I'm still taking the annual leave I had booked off for the Ireland games which has been better than I thought it would be despite not being able to go anywhere in October and next week. We can only carry over a certain amount of days until next year so it is nice to still be off when Ireland are playing. 

We won't be back in the office until at least spring but looking forward to going back whenever that will be. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic