You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isolation/working from home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isolation/working from home
    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:04pm
What is everyone's position at the moment? I reckon we can leave the other thread for updates, facts figures etc. 

Who is working from home?

Anyone self isolating?

Or carrying on as normal?

What is everyone doing to stay occupied? 

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:05pm
First day working from home today. Got a good bit done surprisingly but it is weird.

Keeping occupied is important over the coming days and weeks. The house getting a right purge and a good clean, it'll be spotless in no time!

Wish the weather was half decent though so i could get stuck into thw garden for an hour or two. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:09pm
Been working from home since Friday.

Agree you seem to get much more done, I have anyway.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:17pm
Strangely enough they've asked me to self isolate until the inevitable lockdown.

Shopping centre Security Guard here so they're gonna need bodies to make sure places aren't getting ransacked while the likes of Boots, Tescos etc are allowed to stay open 

Keeping physically active, alot of Gaming and forum posting in the meantime.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:19pm
Lots of Netflix too.

Watched Season 1 and 2 of Kingdom which was top notch. 

Beetle Juice tonight!

Boys in green yesterday. Terrific viewing, highly recommended. On RTE Player. 

Doing a couple of courses as well so great opportunity to get assignments done. 

Trying to be as productive as possible every day 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:21pm
Working as normal although on a rostered 4 days off of which today is Day 1. Most staff are working from home where possible and our Toll staff were sent home yesterday, only accepting tags and coin on our Toll Plaza. Even if the tunnel shuts down completely, we will have to have a certain number of people on site. At least its a bit of job/wage security, a lot of people don’t have that luxury.

Edited by Sham157 - 18 Mar 2020 at 10:22pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:39pm
Business as usual for me. All my work in in Japan, Germany and the US etc...I could work on the moon.

Pain in my hoop though I don't like working from home get very bored with it and usually go the boozer after work just to get out of the house

My wife and kids are here too working and doing school work, I'd bring the kids up for a game of ball in the morning and go for a run and a cycle in the evening. Hasn't been too bad as of yet.

I have been trying to following the guidelines but happily go to the shops and to the park etc...and have some level of normality.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:45pm
I work from home anyway quite often so not much different only the missus is also here and stealing my office space which is very annoying. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:47pm
Working from home, so is the wife. Tough going as I’ve got 4 kids also. I’ll be working from home for the next few weeks I’d say. Job are understanding. I work for one of the major wholesalers so I don’t think there’ll be a massive decline in business.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:51pm
All staff working from home in our place since Monday bar 3 per day that man the office in case of anyone calling us. It's not easy running youth work programs and 1:1s from home but we getting creative with some online based programs that help run our group sessions for the time being

The big issue we have is we are currently meant to be recruiting for our next group that's to start on April which isn't happening at the minute for obvious reasons so could be issue with next down payment on program funding but we all hoping the funders take an understanding view point of what's going on at the minute in that regard

Edited by ringerbell - 18 Mar 2020 at 10:53pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:52pm
I went home sick from work this day week ago on Wednesday morning, was just a stomach bug and ear infection that I had. 
So spent from Wednesday to Sunday in bed or on the couch. Back to work on Monday in a busy enough office with about 50-60 people in it each day (open planned) 
Talk today that we are going to be WFH from this Friday, the sooner the better for me as I’m afraid of catching something in work and bringing it home.
Once Friday comes that’s me I’ll be hibernating hopefully. Plan is to only leave the house for walks/jogs or to go to the shop. This is serious and the approach in the north has been ridiculous so far, so I’ll be doing all I can to stay safe 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:54pm
Reckon we will be working from home from next week on. We got a stern warning today not to be taking the piss about up uploading to social media. Wonder does YBIG count
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I went home sick from work this day week ago on Wednesday morning, was just a stomach bug and ear infection that I had. 
So spent from Wednesday to Sunday in bed or on the couch. Back to work on Monday in a busy enough office with about 50-60 people in it each day (open planned) 
Talk today that we are going to be WFH from this Friday, the sooner the better for me as I’m afraid of catching something in work and bringing it home.
Once Friday comes that’s me I’ll be hibernating hopefully. Plan is to only leave the house for walks/jogs or to go to the shop. This is serious and the approach in the north has been ridiculous so far, so I’ll be doing all I can to stay safe 

https://www.facebook.com/manstuff/videos/701970527005540/?comment_id=3243918885642535&v=701970527005540¬if_id=1584571987905681¬if_t=comment_mention

Not sure if that will load correctly. Joe Brolly on Covid 19 and the Uk gov.

Edited by horsebox - 18 Mar 2020 at 10:57pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Reckon we will be working from home from next week on. We got a stern warning today not to be taking the piss about up uploading to social media. Wonder does YBIG count
no it doesnt 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:59pm
Watched that earlier, and listened to a 35 minute interview with Brolly on a podcast on the same subject 
Makes some very valid points
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

I’ve been posting on YBIG for 10 years from my office chair so would be strange if I got in trouble for posting on it when working from home LOL
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:10pm
Normally remote in twice a week, but now working from home all week.              Was talking to friend who is in Hong Kong WFH now nearly 11 weeks, poor lad is nearly cracking up.

Miss the buzz of the City @ lunchtime and after work, but go for a stroll or watch repeats of Minder during my lunch break.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:16pm
Ms bogball works in the same gig as myself with different Council and they are WFH from tomorrow on. Will be leaving a list of chores
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic