You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isn't it great to be an Ireland fan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isn't it great to be an Ireland fan
    Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 1:23pm
After years of doom and gloom isn't it fantastic to be an Ireland fan again? After years of heartbreak and 1-1 draws we now really have a feel good factor back again. In the past year we've beaten Germany, Bosnia, Italy and now Austria away. We've proven that we can mix it with the big boys. Roll on Wales.

Edited by ABFC - 14 Nov 2016 at 1:23pm
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 1:31pm
Yes
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yes

Great
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 1:35pm
Always has been.

We've always punched above our weight.

Not to put a dampener on what was a memorable night but group not won yet and I'm always nervy when Ireland are favourites.
I'm sure the media will hype us to the hilt pre Wales game.

Roll on March.......
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 1:57pm
I'm still not sure if we are lucky or good!
Happy put all the same.
Skripi91 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skripi91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:06pm
It has always great to be an Ireland fan, doesnt matter if we qualify for a big tournament or beat one of the big teams or not ;)

Nevertheless I´m really happy about the current situation and how it is going. Hope this will continue in the future Smile
The Euros gonna hear the Irish ROAR
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 4:19pm
March can't come quick enough
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 5:48pm
Rustybedsprings View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustybedsprings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 7:06pm
Yup, always thought that. Nothing hurts as bad when we lose but the Hughes when we win are amazing. I'd love to see us at a world cup again, its early doors but we've done enough for that most dangerous of things as an Ireland fan...hope
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Rustybedsprings Rustybedsprings wrote:

Yup, always thought that. Nothing hurts as bad when we lose but the Hughes when we win are amazing. I'd love to see us at a world cup again, its early doors but we've done enough for that most dangerous of things as an Ireland fan...hope

Image result for mark hughes
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Happy put all the same.

+1

It was a great result and very good 2nd half performance.  But there is no doubt we are getting a lot of luck going for us lately that normally seems to go against us.

I haven't seen it but apparently their miss in the last second was a howler. Plus they hit the post in the 1st half. Had that gone in the Austrians might have gone on to win it.  They were the kind of things that seemed to go against us.  Football is a game of fine margins. Had the goal gone in at the end it would be a totally different vibe on here.  Luck plays an enormous part in football.  There's no doubt about that.

Edited by Trap junior - 14 Nov 2016 at 9:29pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 9:55pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
ncafc87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncafc87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 11:22pm
Can't wait for march now, really looking forward to it. This team are finding a way to get the job done.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Happy put all the same.

+1

It was a great result and very good 2nd half performance.  But there is no doubt we are getting a lot of luck going for us lately that normally seems to go against us.

I haven't seen it but apparently their miss in the last second was a howler. Plus they hit the post in the 1st half. Had that gone in the Austrians might have gone on to win it.  They were the kind of things that seemed to go against us.  Football is a game of fine margins. Had the goal gone in at the end it would be a totally different vibe on here.  Luck plays an enormous part in football.  There's no doubt about that.

It was a bad miss at the end by them. It would have been so typical. That we got out with a win at the end was a bit lucky but its good that we are getting a bit of luck, especially against austria who have caused us so much heartache in the past
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Always has been.

We've always punched above our weight.

Not to put a dampener on what was a memorable night but group not won yet and I'm always nervy when Ireland are favourites.
I'm sure the media will hype us to the hilt pre Wales game.

Roll on March.......

Have we really punched above our weight?
Scotland have been to more WC's than we have.
NI got to one before we did. I think we did well in each one we qualified for but we should have got to at least one before 1990.
Probably for another day but I wouldn't say we have ALWAYS punches above our weight.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic