You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic State - Ruthless Beyond Belief

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:53pm
So was I! I should have added just don't watch the news
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:01pm
As an aside, there's some very illuminating pieces about ISIS and other Middle Easty type things in this guys blog. Well worth a nose...

http://pando.com/author/garybrecher/

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If you want to buy shares, lockheed Martin and Halliburton are the way to go. As long as there is chaos in the middle east and the likelihood of a republican government in Washington, shares will rise. A much safer bet than a megalomaniac in Minsk

The Raytheon Massachusetts employees showed up at the protest against Operation Iraqi Freedom at Boston Common in March 2003, they were trying to start fights with the protesters.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

As an aside, there's some very illuminating pieces about ISIS and other Middle Easty type things in this guys blog. Well worth a nose...

http://pando.com/author/garybrecher/

P A N D O     there's only one P A N D O there's only one....
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:21pm
Hahaha!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:22pm
That'll never get old!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 9:08am
That blogger has a decent knowledge of the situation but his writing style grates, he is far more interested in being right than beingiinteresting and is awfully hypocritical
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 9:27am

That blogger has a decent knowledge of the situation but his writing style grates, he is far more interested in being right than beingiinteresting and is awfully hypocritical
Sounds like a few people here.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 9:31am
Surely that is the whole point ofva forum!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 9:39am
Watching a former Jordanian general on Newsnight yesterday he implied that they would become more actively involved in the war against IS. 
He spoke of the need for 'boots on the ground'. Jordan may become a front runner in any ground offensive.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 9:43am
In fairness she has two fine weapons
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:29am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

These kunts are doing everything possible to provoke a certain type of reaction.  I hope cool heads prevail. 

That's pretty much all they've got though. Shock value. Their PR and marketing is top notch. As a fighting force though, they're mainly incompetent and poorly trained, their Chechen force (1,000+ fighters) aside.

I'm not sure what you base that on.  These lads had taken over huge swathes of Syria and Iraq before the world even knew they existed.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:46am
The Americans knew about them, they just hadn't worked out in which way they would be most beneficial.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:52am

The Americans knew about them, they just hadn't worked out in which way they would be most beneficial

So have they worked it out now?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:29pm
Kind of, the gist I get is this. It is extremely complex.
The US is allied with Saudi Arabia because they front a peaceful middle east and Barry and co. Like their oil. SA support ISIS and give them weapons for free because they share a similar view of the region.
America supports the Iraqi government against ISIS but not the Syrian government against ISIS, though they don't openly support ISIS, there is some evidence of both the USA and UK selling ISIS weapons to fight Assad back when Assad was the eternal enemy, he is still the enemy but the eternal enemy is now isis
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 3:21pm

Kind of, the gist I get is this. It is extremely complex.
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly - perhaps she'll die!
There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,
That wriggled and wiggled and tiggled inside her;
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly;
I don't know why she swallowed a fly - Perhaps she'll die!
There was an old lady who swallowed a bird;
How absurd to swallow a bird.
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
There was an old lady who swallowed a cat;
Fancy that to swallow a cat!
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird,
There was an old lady that swallowed a dog;
What a hog, to swallow a dog;
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
There was an old lady who swallowed a cow,
I don't know how she swallowed a cow;
She swallowed the cow to catch the dog,
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
There was an old lady who swallowed a horse...
She's dead, of course!

Thanks PM I think I understand it now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 3:32pm
That is pretty close! Modern warfare is all about divide and confuse
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 12:01am
For what's it worth on a football forum, condolences to the Jordanian pilot who was murdered, horrific viewing for his family. RIP 

It's truly remarkable how "sophisticated" and Hollywood-esque these horror shows have become. It's interesting to watch in their last moments just how complicit and almost docile the captives become as "willing actors". I guess they are already resigned to their fate and just playing out the final scene numbly. 
There is a clear attempt on the part of ISIS with these slick sick videos to draw the viewers attention to the co-relation between the impact of Jordan's participation in the "Coalition" with the callous repercussions that will befall those who target ISIS and their heartland.

Hussein walks an extremely delicate tightrope right now. Any rash fcuk-up to further keep the White House & Whitehall impressed with his "loyalty" and he risks upsetting not only the extremely complex ethnic balance in his own country but also risks ending the elaborate apparatus & hegemony of power he, his extended family and the tribal groups he has long since bought off have carefully and astutely developed. 
About half the population of Jordan are Palestinian. There are also significant numbers of Iraqis in addition to minorities of Syrians, Lebanese & Chechen's. All largely Sunni and not exactly fans of Assad. There is very little appetite amongst Jordanian citizens for a Military Invasion of Syria and for good reason.
The view of Jordan ironically in the West is largely that of a plucky, benign, moderate, largely well functioning democracy craved and admired by all "progressive" peace loving Arabs of the region. This isn't the reality at all. Palestinian friends of mine explained long before the current Syrian Conflict erupted that in fact Syria (ironically under an Alawite in Assad) was the country long looked up to in the Arab World (by all sects) for it's diversity, tolerance of intellectual discussion throughout all levels of society, a thriving art scene, film industry, relaxed social norms and relative freedom.  Isn't it ironic therefore that the West has now found itself opposing that secularist tolerance it itself lauds & espouses yet often itself falls genuinely short of?

Hussein and his old man before him have very clearly and unashamedly nailed their colours to the Western mast in recent decades, feeding that cycle of Western "backing" in return for the purchase of vast quantities of Western made weapons. That is the heavily conditional quid pro quo nature of Western "help"; there's no altruistic free lunch at this drive-thru. 
The U.S., France and U.K. are the largest sellers of military equipment to Jordan, and not just to Jordan in that region. At a very bottom dollar realpolitik financial level, it is in these nations interests to continue those arms sales, but those arms must at some point be used, i.e. to kill other humans,  otherwise there will eventually be a clamour from the citizens in countries such as Jordan who have to pay for them as to why they are being purchased at all.
Equally, these same Western Nations for which the arms industry is a significant component of their domestic economies, also need a reason, an excuse if you will, to explain mass production and procurement of eye-wateringly expensive weapon systems to their own citizens. 

If you look back over U.S. history since Independence it's very interesting because you won't find a single decade where either the U.S. or U.K. didn't fight a war somewhere in the World and in addition frequently supplied weapons to allow other compatible like-minded Nations/paramilitaries/guerrilla groups to fight devastating proxy wars on their behalf, which were manipulated, directed and controlled at the very highest state levels. 
For just a cursory understanding of this see U.S. involvement in Central America/Sub-Saharan Africa in the 70s & 80s or U.K. exploitation of Arab divisions in the period between WW1 up to the creation of the State of Israel or alot closer to home the circuitous supply of weapons thru Brian Nelson & the UDA and the UK State orchestrated terror groups such as the Loyalist & UDR staffed Glennane Gang that terrorised the Nationalist community and attempted to reduce Native support for armed resistance to foreign armed occupation.  The human repercussions of these policies of both Washington and London are scattered throughout the World in graves from Newry to Nicaragua.
So there is nothing fanciful or conspiratorial in what I am saying, the evidence is there in spades if one cares to educate oneself rather than be educated by the same elements that provide cover for said States.

In short, Nations who continue in 2015 to act with Imperialistic fervour in the moral belief that they must endure the 21st Century's version of the White Man's Burden, need to pick a fight every few years to justify their internal structures, foreign policy stance and arms production and proliferation. 

Isn't is ironic then that the very countries such as the U.S., U.K., France & Russia who will benefit from arms proliferation that increases conflict in the Middle East & in the case of Israel the subsequent depletion of it's Arab Neighbours Military capabilities, are the very same States who will ultimately assume the moral right when it comes to divvy up the spoils of War?  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic