Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the new management meeting expectations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the new management meeting expectations
    Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:25pm
When Trapattoni left everyone had a list of grievances and had an agenda that they wanted the new management team to fulfill.

1. Don't pick 'Trap's favourites' such as Whelan, Green, Ward, Cox etc...
2. Play decent football instead of long balls.
3. Go out to win games not hoping to nick a draw.
4. Play creative players. There was an outcry for Hoolahan.
5. Adjust the tactics during the game. Have a plan B.
6. Get the same results but do it better with more flair and passing.
7. Go to watch games in person instead of Tardelli doing it or Mick Martin etc..

I think its fair to say this is what everyone wanted. The expectation was that under the new coach these things would definitely happen.  In your opinion are these objectives being met?  Or will they be met in time?

Edited by Trap junior - 08 Sep 2014 at 2:52pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:31pm
Not being met but am hopeful they will be met in time

That being said, our passing stats have increased

Edited by erimus - 08 Sep 2014 at 2:31pm
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:35pm
To be fair TJ, friendlies are for experimenting and that's exactly what MON done.

Its impossible for me to judge the new management team after one competitive game imo.

Your thread will be interesting this time next year no doubt.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:35pm
I've said it since MON was announced that he's Trap 2.0 and not much, if anything will change and I stick by that.

Saying that, Trap had lost the players and a new change was in desperate need. Hopefully that'll be enough to see us through but in the long run that alone can only take you so far.

Time will tell I suppose.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:44pm
 I think top of your list should be going to watch the actual players tbf TJ.   Me personally, I'm dissappointed that MONROY has just stood back and done nothing about the glaring problem at left back.  As I was just saying on the thread about it we could have picked one of our younger lads, the likes of Kavanagh or Bermingham or Cunningham in this position and groomed him over the last 10 months.  At least then we'd have a guy on the verge of jumping in there at this stage.  Now we're facing the World Champions and we've nothing.

Otherwise though, as I've said before I think they're doing alright with the resources they've got.  It was a brave and correct call to bring Given back into the squad for example.

Edited by Trapcandoit - 08 Sep 2014 at 2:46pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:47pm
We'll know a lot more by November 15th. Only then can a proper opinion be made on the new stewardship.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

I think top of your list should be going to watch the actual players tbf TJ.   Me personally, I'm dissappointed that MONROY has just stood back and done nothing about the glaring problem at left back.  As I was just saying on the thread about it we could have picked one of our younger lads, the likes of Kavanagh or Bermingham or Cunningham in this position and groomed him over the last 10 months.  At least then we'd have a guy on the verge of jumping in there at this stage.  Now we're facing the World Champions and we've nothing.

Otherwise though, as I've said before I think they're doing alright with the resources they've got.  It was a brave and correct call to bring Given back into the squad for example.

Edited it there.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:59pm
I think they need more time as nothing has changed much since Trap.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:07pm
3 points out of 3, that's all that matters ultimately so expectations are being met in my view.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:23pm
Wouldn't be an Ireland campaign if there wasn't a national outcry to play a player who apparently has the ability of Iniesta, but is somehow plying his trade in the Championship 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wouldn't be an Ireland campaign if there wasn't a national outcry to play a player who apparently has the ability of Iniesta, but is somehow plying his trade in the Championship 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

He is Irelands most creative player regardless of what league he is in.
Robbie Keane is our best goalscoring option and he plays in a league that's well below the standard of the championship.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

3 points out of 3, that's all that matters ultimately so expectations are being met in my view.

+1

The new management have been set one goal : Ireland to qualify for France 2016.

The stuff above are "nice to haves" but results are what counts.

So far so good.

Edited by ZinedineKibane - 08 Sep 2014 at 4:48pm

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Robbie Keane is our best goalscoring option and he plays in a league that's well below the standard of the championship.

Still doesn't take away the fact that people like yourself are trying to portray him as some sort of Iniesta. With all due respect to Wes the fact he's still playing championship says a lot

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Sep 2014 at 4:52pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:51pm

I would say McGeady is

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:55pm

Still doesn't take away the fact that people like yourself are trying to portray him as some sort of Iniesta. With all due respect to Wes the fact he's still playing championship says a lot

No one is trying to potray him as Iniesta..but he has proved everytime he has pulled on the green that he is OUR most accomplised player on the ball.
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

To be fair TJ, friendlies are for experimenting and that's exactly what MON done.

Its impossible for me to judge the new management team after one competitive game imo.

Your thread will be interesting this time next year no doubt.

I don't agree with friendlies are just for experimenting , if MON had played the 11 players he chose last night in a few of the friendlies they would've had a chance to get used to playing with his system together. I find it strange he played Hoolihan in 6 of 7 games and didn't use him at all last night. I'm not saying he would've made a difference as I don't rate him like others do maybe he will play in home games we see. Anyway too early to be judging MON but hopefully things will improve.
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 6:26pm

It's plain as day the management see Mcgeady as our most creative player and they gave him a role that warranted that last night. The way I see it they weren't willing to risk both in the same midfield last night. Hoolahan will have his chance, it's a long campaign. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
  Share Topic