You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it worth my while at this stage....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

What about tickets Stevie? I'd hate to get over there and not get into the game in the end. I may also even have to travel alone but I don't really give a fook, I just would love to get out there.

Check out the traveling on your own thread. It'll be grand.Thumbs Up
The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

If you can afford it go, if not don't. There'll be other matches. 

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS MAN !!!!!!!  Smile

Just go mate. You simply cant buy the memories that these trips give. 

If you cant afford it then BORROW. All up, a trip will cost 1200-1500. In a year or 2 when you are a bit more flush and pissing your money away on a package deal in Benidorm you'll regret not going. Believe me, I've really pushed the boat out for this trip, dragging the wife and 10 week old baby back to europe from Sydney. I know I wont regret it. It just means it will take me a few months more to pay the mortgage offOuch

Edited by schillaci - 04 May 2012 at 10:18pm
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 10:29am
Fcuk it! Gonna go for it! Thanks for the advice all. It really is the trip of a life time so gonna take the chance. Posted this in the ticket sale thread, but anybody looking to sell Italy tickets please let me know! There are 2 of us at the minute and most likely 3 will be going!
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 10:37am
Go for it. Most are sturggling financially because of it but it's the hit we have to make to be there. You will only regret it if you don't go.
Also don't worry about travelling alone. I did it to a couple of the games this campaign. You are never alone
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:22am

Fcuk it! Gonna go for it! Thanks for the advice all. It really is the trip of a life time so gonna take the chance. Posted this in the ticket sale thread, but anybody looking to sell Italy tickets please let me know! There are 2 of us at the minute and most likely 3 will be going!

Good man Il Trap...you wont regret it!
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 12:05pm

Clap
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Go for it. Most are sturggling financially because of it but it's the hit we have to make to be there. You will only regret it if you don't go.
Also don't worry about travelling alone. I did it to a couple of the games this campaign. You are never alone
Trust me Andy if you go to any bar Hornet will not be far behind you and will be your best mate as long as you are buying LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 4:36pm

Decided today too that I'm going to go too, no tickets but someone said they'd give me an email if they have spares for the Italy. Clap Would it be best to fly to Berlin at this stage and get the train to Poznan? Anyone got any tips for accom or transport?

Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Decided today too that I'm going to go too, no tickets but someone said they'd give me an email if they have spares for the Italy. Clap Would it be best to fly to Berlin at this stage and get the train to Poznan? Anyone got any tips for accom or transport?

If its just for the Italy match these were the prices I found yesterday -

Can't believe I'm saying this but only €59 with Ryanair to fly into Poznan on the day of the match and its a morning flight but not at stupid o'clock. Polskibus after Italian match €15 and then Ryanair again Shocked flight either Tuesday morning at 9.35(€31) is tight with the polskibus timetable or 21.55 direct to Dublin from Berlin for €39.

One return trip with direct flights in and out of Dublin for €100 plus €15 bus and no accommodation required.

Edited by Midlands - 05 May 2012 at 4:48pm
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 5:13pm
Just booked flights. 16-21st Dublin - Stanstead - Poznan and the same on the way back. €189 altogether! Now to find a place to stay and tickets! Accomodation on alot of hostel sites is crazy expensive! Delighted its set in stone now! Beer

Edited by Il Trap - 05 May 2012 at 5:14pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 5:20pm

Just booked flights. 16-21st Dublin - Stanstead - Poznan and the same on the way back. €189 altogether! Now to find a place to stay and tickets! Accomodation on alot of hostel sites is crazy expensive! Delighted its set in stone now! Beer
What site you use? Ryanair?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

What site you use? Ryanair?
Yeah, Ryanair. Started out around the 140/150 mark but the b**tards have so many extra taxes and charges.
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 10:09pm
A little Heads up fellas. The Ryanair Wroclaw- Dublin flight on 19th June at 07.30 is still quite cheap (357PLN including taxes..... thats about 85 euro)

You can get a 2am train from Poznan to Wroclaw arriving at 5am for about 15 euro. Plenty of time to catch the flight. So 100 euros will get you home !!

Thats what Im doing. Wink

Edited by schillaci - 05 May 2012 at 10:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic