You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 199>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 11:58am
And rightly so. Only so much listeners can take with politicians dodging simple questions. After that performance I'd say her chances of getting re elected are slim. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 12:18pm

Against my better judgement, I clicked on that link.

The Replacement theory. 
Philip Dickhead Dwyer.
Islamification of Ireland.

Do you live in the real world or just on the internet?

El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 12:30pm
“Im not far right but have you seen this video from Philip Dwyer” LOLLOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 12:33pm
I’ve said this again and again, the MSM is far more trustworthy than the unregulated ‘citizen journalists’ floating around. If alternative media had done its job it would be equally trustworthy. It’s now just opinion laden and agenda driven guff. If you want to be taken seriously, don’t repeat the likes of Dwyer.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 1:11pm
Rightly or wrongly obviously based on your own opinion lads, Ive suspended eireland as I think a time away from here will do him and the rest of us a bit of good. If anyone feels the need to allege its silencing his opinion or anything like that, then read back for many many pages in a number of threads and you will see he has had more than enough free reign. The posting of links and quoting from what ill call very questionable sources is not acceptable when they incite hatred etc. 

Again, feel free to agree or disagree with the stance I’ve taken here but, as John Lydgate would say…..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I’ve said this again and again, the MSM is far more trustworthy than the unregulated ‘citizen journalists’ floating around. If alternative media had done its job it would be equally trustworthy. It’s now just opinion laden and agenda driven guff. If you want to be taken seriously, don’t repeat the likes of Dwyer.

I don’t know about that. Christian fundamentalist David Quinn gets plenty of opportunity to write nonsense in the Indo and Virgin Media frequently have McGurk on its prime time show while Newstalk are giving Gavin Pepper a platform this evening. A lot of agendas being pushed between those 3.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Rightly or wrongly obviously based on your own opinion lads, Ive suspended eireland as I think a time away from here will do him and the rest of us a bit of good. If anyone feels the need to allege its silencing his opinion or anything like that, then read back for many many pages in a number of threads and you will see he has had more than enough free reign. The posting of links and quoting from what ill call very questionable sources is not acceptable when they incite hatred etc. 

Again, feel free to agree or disagree with the stance I’ve taken here but, as John Lydgate would say…..

Just saw a post where he repeated a rumour as fact so I think it's fair enough to bin him for a while
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I don’t know about that. Christian fundamentalist David Quinn gets plenty of opportunity to write nonsense in the Indo and Virgin Media frequently have McGurk on its prime time show while Newstalk are giving Gavin Pepper a platform this evening. A lot of agendas being pushed between those 3.

Where did you read that? LOL

Not a hope that weasel will be given air time 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 2:34pm
Agree on the agenda point. But inevitably they will be part of balanced panel (relatively), and in the case of the independent there is a letters to the editor column which can be used to criticise and critique. A number of years ago the times publish a glossary of the alt right, and it allowed for rejoinder articles, and the author appeared on an RTE panel discussion where there was a check and balance.

Independent media ultimately became an echo chamber, and the last place where critical debate (or at least an effort at it) is through the MSM.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Had seen people giving out about in on twitter. Looking into it a bit more it seems like he either made it up (the original post was from his account) or he was pulled from the show. It was meant to be yesterday afternoon so he obviously never made it on.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Had seen people giving out about in on twitter. Looking into it a bit more it seems like he either made it up (the original post was from his account) or he was pulled from the show. It was meant to be yesterday afternoon so he obviously never made it on.

It all came from his own tweet and people actually fell for it. Not as hope that rat would be platformed 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 3:20pm

If anything it's long long over due and I'm a bit peeved it hasn't happend before now. Chap knows what he's been doing and been allowed to get away with it for too long.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 4:51pm

Top Modding Clap
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 4:16pm
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mayo-county-council-votes-to-cease-all-co-operation-with-department-of-integration-over-refugee-response/a2111795690.html

Mayo County Council votes to cease all co-operation with Department of Integration over refugee response. 

Probably the first of many in the West of Ireland to do this. The fact it was backed by FFG local councillors highlight's the disconnect between local level and the government. Local councillors in their elections will probably suffer unfairly as a result of the decision makers in the Dail.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 8:44am
some of the hate and abuse being hurled at refugees on social media , dear god are we slipping that far? Sound like trumpeted or worse still English nazis, very very disappointed in my fellow citizens. National party/ Irish freedom party/ Ireland first ?? Wtf, anyone spouting this crap deserves to be hunted down like a rabid dog, disgusting .
No Pasaran!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 8:48am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

I see Gary Lineker in hot water with the Colonel Blimp media and uk zionists for calling out Israel’s phony war.
Good man Gary , well done son.
A pity irelands favourite goal scorer remains rooted on the wrong side of the barbed wire, head firmly wedged up his own hole, ****.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 4:43pm
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68004289

Macron and most of Europe now undoubtedly shifting to the right. 

People shouldn't be surprised the same is happening in Ireland. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 4:55pm
What constituency are you running in?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 199>
  Share Topic