You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 198>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ben Gilroy running in Dublin Bay North 

The “Irish Freedom Party”.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Sorry to see Tommy Broughan bow out. Did a serious amount of work locally in DBN. 

Not much competition in DBN now. 

Edited by McG - 22 Jan 2020 at 4:23pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

The racist f**kwit far-right candidates will get hardly any votes. Their supporters are vocal on social media but the overwhelming majority of people just ignore/laugh at these headers.
The far right loonies seem to be very much a cossetted, middle class social media echo chamber type crowd alright

I mean look at them, Gemtrails is the very epitome of D4 comfort, went to Muckross and then was a travel writer for the Indo, Waters the Irish Times columnist, Casey the multi-milllionaire, Gilroy the property speculator and wannabe lawyer, then there's that eejit with the McGregor type beard who was literally in the British Army

How ironic, projection is everywhere on the far right, they're a total joke with their online safe spaces

Unfortunately there are racist candidates who will top the poll and there's one where I live, a f**king PD free market fetishist charlatan who has spotted that dog whistle racism does indeed win votes, then there's that haulage wagon in Wexford who wants into the Dail for all the expenses because she spends a fortune on her hair

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:26pm
Don't think Murphy will get in. Wexford will be 2 FF 1 FG 1 Lab at least.  Don't think FG will hold on to two. FF could possibly nab a 3rd seat depending on vote management.  
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:27pm
There's at least one poster on this forum who had that vapid blockhead Hermann Kelly as a teacher, perhaps they could recount their experiences of him
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:34pm

Don't think Murphy will get in. Wexford will be 2 FF 1 FG 1 Lab at least.  Don't think FG will hold on to two. FF could possibly nab a 3rd seat depending on vote management.  
You'd hope she won't get in but it would not particularly surprise me if she did, I've come to expect the worst from people

Yer man Byrne of FF who won the by-election seems alright for a Fianna Failer and should hold on, not sure about them getting three, seems a bit unlikely, they'll hold the two I think

Howlin will get back in, Labour's vote held up well in the by-election

I think there's an independent called Seanie O'Shea there who might have a chance, I think Mick Wallace is backing him

Paul Kehoe of FG is an absolute buffoon, one of their worst TDs, I'd like to see him lose but not if it meant Murphy got in, I'd say it'll be D'Arcy under pressure though

Mythen of SF went close the last time 

So hopefully there are enough contenders there to keep Eva Braun out

Edited by sid waddell - 22 Jan 2020 at 4:35pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:39pm

The racist f**kwit far-right candidates will get hardly any votes. Their supporters are vocal on social media but the overwhelming majority of people just ignore/laugh at these headers.

Barely any of them are Irish - they all talk about white genocide and all the rest of it on twitter, but they can't speak a single word of Irish. And they show themselves up on it, because Google Translate is not your friend when you translate the Irish language. It's an artificial impression that there are tens of thousands of right-wing voters that these bots create, in order to embolden the few hundred actual right-wing loonies in the country.

But you'll still hear that we should never deny their right to speak - a f**ked-up misunderstanding of Voltaire from idiots. They've a right to speak, just as sure as the people who host the media where they would do so have a right not to have them there. We'll be told by the Irish Times that we should never no-platform someone as that's the real fascism, while RTE no-platform 21 percent of the electorate.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Barely any of them are Irish - they all talk about white genocide and all the rest of it on twitter, but they can't speak a single word of Irish. And they show themselves up on it, because Google Translate is not your friend when you translate the Irish language. It's an artificial impression that there are tens of thousands of right-wing voters that these bots create, in order to embolden the few hundred actual right-wing loonies in the country.

But you'll still hear that we should never deny their right to speak - a f**ked-up misunderstanding of Voltaire from idiots. They've a right to speak, just as sure as the people who host the media where they would do so have a right not to have them there. We'll be told by the Irish Times that we should never no-platform someone as that's the real fascism, while RTE no-platform 21 percent of the electorate.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:44pm
21% of the electorate are not being “no platformed”.

Edited by Het-field - 22 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:48pm
With only 12 running in my constituency and €96k a year on offer I should have thrown my own name in.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

With only 12 running in my constituency and €96k a year on offer I should have thrown my own name in.

What would you have run on ? Big smile

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Jan 2020 at 4:51pm

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:53pm

Definitely anti-cyclist and lower excise duty on pints.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

You shall know the far right bots by their attempts to create a vague air of Celtic mysticism in their Twitter profiles and their profile pictures of Michael Collins or Eoin O'Duffy that they've Googled

And their dispensing with definite and indefinite article, I laaave Putin, he is GREAT LIDER

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:56pm

Man of the people 

ClapClapClap

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I hope whatever happens that all these far right populist gobsh*tes get a metaphorical flake of a hurley across the back of the head from the electorate

I'm actually increasingly depressed by the all-pervasive negativity surrounding political discourse so here's a cross-party list of TDs I want to get in:

Padraig MacLochlainn - a great advocate for Travellers

In the council election, Sinn Fein got hammered in Cork North East and it was over travellers.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I hope whatever happens that all these far right populist gobsh*tes get a metaphorical flake of a hurley across the back of the head from the electorate

I'm actually increasingly depressed by the all-pervasive negativity surrounding political discourse so here's a cross-party list of TDs I want to get in:

In the council election, Sinn Fein got hammered in Cork North East and it was over travellers.
Probably should have listened tae voters then and proposed gulags for them

Edited by sid waddell - 22 Jan 2020 at 5:58pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Probably should have listened tae voters then and proposed gulags for them
It worked in Britain.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:15pm

I’ll never wake you up in time for a match again!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 198>
  Share Topic