You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 193>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I see that old fool Lord Kilclooney, former unionist MP John Taylor in a previous life, has been at it again on Twitter, referring to Kamala Harris as "The Indian." He did the same thing with Varadkar not so long ago and has again used the identical 'dog ate my homework' excuse that he didn't know their name. Just what the UK government needed when it is already an international pariah over the Brexit mess and is now desperately trying to curry favour with Joe Biden after he put them in their box for their behaviour over the Good Friday Agreement. Politicians have been queuing up to condemn the dribbling old f**k including the Speaker. Damage done, unfortunately, not for the first time. Seems that the Paddy just doesn't know why he is considered offensive.

I think it was that same drunken, racist, f**knut who was demanding that "Ulster-Scots" to be given a vote when we had the independence referendum in 2014. Seriously.

also suggested in the event of a yes vote certain areas should be allowed to opt out Wacko
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I see that old fool Lord Kilclooney, former unionist MP John Taylor in a previous life, has been at it again on Twitter, referring to Kamala Harris as "The Indian." He did the same thing with Varadkar not so long ago and has again used the identical 'dog ate my homework' excuse that he didn't know their name. Just what the UK government needed when it is already an international pariah over the Brexit mess and is now desperately trying to curry favour with Joe Biden after he put them in their box for their behaviour over the Good Friday Agreement. Politicians have been queuing up to condemn the dribbling old f**k including the Speaker. Damage done, unfortunately, not for the first time. Seems that the Paddy just doesn't know why he is considered offensive.

I think it was that same drunken, racist, f**knut who was demanding that "Ulster-Scots" to be given a vote when we had the independence referendum in 2014. Seriously.

also suggested in the event of a yes vote certain areas should be allowed to opt out Wacko

As in partition Scotland? Sure what could go wrong LOL
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:41pm
That Supreme Court Judge won't resign after the entire court asked him to leave. It's time for the Oireachtas to remove him.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:43pm
John Taylor has always been an incoherent idiot, in fairness 4/5 bullets to the head could do that to you alright.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

That Supreme Court Judge won't resign after the entire court asked him to leave. It's time for the Oireachtas to remove him.
He could bring a case to the Supreme Court to try and stay on

Or maybe hold a press conference at Four Seasons Total Landscaping
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 8:19am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

John Taylor has always been an incoherent idiot, in fairness 4/5 bullets to the head could do that to you alright.

He's getting torn an absolute new one on the NYC Times Twitter account.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 9:18am
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fine-gael-research-candidates-asked-how-to-attack-sinn-fein-39736985.html

A new low.

Surely if a person is going to enter politics they'll bring some creative ideas to the table on how to tackle some of the issues we face today.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:51am
It's not as if they have no issues to be dealing with. But no, lets focus everything on trying to 1-up a party that aren't even in government. They've long since lost all touch with reality.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 2:26pm
SF got a fair bashing in the Dail yesterday. The debate was supposed to be about Leo, ended up being everyone pointing out the failings of SF, all their breaches of the lockdowns, and pointing out that the region they are in power has the worst Coronavirus stats in Europe. Good clips of it on Twitter. Can't link but its on the account of @RichardTGarland
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

SF got a fair bashing in the Dail yesterday. The debate was supposed to be about Leo, ended up being everyone pointing out the failings of SF, all their breaches of the lockdowns, and pointing out that the region they are in power has the worst Coronavirus stats in Europe. Good clips of it on Twitter. Can't link but its on the account of @RichardTGarland

He's a Loyalist.

FG and Loyalism go hand in hand.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 2:44pm
Sorry, but that story is almost the best example of what a non-story is. Perhaps I have throw around that term for giggles, on this particular thread a few times, and definitely facetiously. But in this case, it appears that FG are recruiting researchers, and this was the "essay portion" of the process. It has no influence on the Governance of the state, or policy.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 3:31pm
Were there any SF members at the golf dinner in Clifden?
The dark side.. And the light
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 3:44pm
What Fine Gael and Sinn Fein are doing with their current strategies is to create a new cartel that benefits both

They are positioning themselves against each other in order to sideline Fianna Fail and sideline everybody else

It's rather clever in terms of strategy, but it doesn't benefit anybody but themselves, certianly doesn;t benefit the country

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

No, it appears to have been mostly FF with the odd FG. There was a former Democratic Left TD. 

FF and FG tactics at the moment seem to be just replying to every problem by pointing out a SF equivalent. It's not going to work long term.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 8:50pm
"Groovy Hipsters".

That is the best phrase to come out of Irish politics in years.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Think they are more into baseball
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 1:43pm
Helen Mc Entee on her feet in the Dail now telling all  and sundry why herself /finne geal/fail can treat the country like gobsh*tes . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Southstandman Southstandman wrote:

Helen Mc Entee on her feet in the Dail now telling all  and sundry why herself /finne geal/fail can treat the country like gobsh*tes . 
Would it be because “all and sundry” cant spell Fíne Gael/Fíanna Fail correctly?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 193>
  Share Topic