You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 126>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:21pm
Daire O'Connor joins Ayr.
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:21pm
Daire O'Connor, formerly of Cork City and who like Coffey also played for Cliftonville last season, has signed a one year deal with Ayr in the Scottish Championship after recently being linked with Livingston and Harrogate Town.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 8:57am
Few reports that Rangers are looking at Charlie McCann for their first team squad. Another lad who could become a "will he/won't he" situation with regards to playing for us, although he seems to have been included in the most recent u19 training camp in June. 
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Few reports that Rangers are looking at Charlie McCann for their first team squad. Another lad who could become a "will he/won't he" situation with regards to playing for us, although he seems to have been included in the most recent u19 training camp in June. 
He’s joining their B team not first team. 

And there is no will he or won’t he situation. He is absolutely miles off playing for England. He’s playing for Ireland, and chances are he won’t be good enough for that either. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 10:45am
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

He’s joining their B team not first team. 

And there is no will he or won’t he situation. He is absolutely miles off playing for England. He’s playing for Ireland, and chances are he won’t be good enough for that either. 

You are correct, it does appear to be the B team he is joining up with initially. I assumed it was first team when I read the price (750k) and that Gerrard wanted to get it wrapped up before this Saturdays game. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 12:59pm
That 750k must include a lot of add ons, there's no way they'd pay that much up front to sign a B team player. I doubt this player will end up being good enough for us based on his time at United and The Rangers' record of bringing through youth talent isn't much better than Celtic's. 

However he is young enough to feature for us in the 2025 Under 21s qualification campaign, so we may have the novelty of a Rangers player lining out for us at under 21 level in a year or two's time.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:17pm
I read somewhere that Gerrard expects him to be in contention for the first team in a year's time. If he makes it with Ireland, that is not going to go down well with some of the knuckle-draggers in that part of Glasgow. The club has had players with previous Irish representative history ( e.g. Rob Kiernan, Jon Daly,etc and of course Alan Kernaghan was a coach there ) but I cannot recall anyone playing for Rangers and Ireland on a current basis.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I read somewhere that Gerrard expects him to be in contention for the first team in a year's time. If he makes it with Ireland, that is not going to go down well with some of the knuckle-draggers in that part of Glasgow. The club has had players with previous Irish representative history ( e.g. Rob Kiernan, Jon Daly,etc and of course Alan Kernaghan was a coach there ) but I cannot recall anyone playing for Rangers and Ireland on a current basis.

Same could be said for our own knuckle-draggers.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:39pm
I’m no Rangers fan, but if it helps bring an end to the ridiculous sectarianism in Glasgow to have Irish internationals playing for Rangers, I’m all for it.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 3:31pm
would anyone here actually sign for Rangers and put on that shirt. i couldn't anyway. i know that.
I love beer gardens
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

would anyone here actually sign for Rangers and put on that shirt. i couldn't anyway. i know that.

There's a few Nordie posters on here who'd be warm to the idea.

Edited by Maccatacca - 29 Jul 2021 at 3:43pm
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 6:19pm

I’d have zero issues putting on the rangers shirt. I enjoyed watching the early 90s rangers team, then after that you had laudrup and Gazza.

No real difference between Celtic and rangers supporters as far as I’m concerned. Have zero interest in either club bar watching either when they’re playing decent football.

Only concern would be coming back to Ireland after playing for them. Though this lad is English anyway, isn’t he, so won’t be an issue for him 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 6:23pm
wow, that's an interesting move! After all the talk on here about Celtic being a crap club for young Irish players, wouldnt it be gas if Rangers turned out to be the place we should be sending our young lads in Scotland!

One way or another, fingers crossed he turns into a decent player, and maybe he will stick with us, and maybe some people will just have to live with the idea of a Rangers player playing for Ireland.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 7:55pm

No issue with a young fella going there but wouldn't even think of wearing that jersey.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 12:49pm
Peterborough are reported today to be ready to put in a bid for Conor Coventry, who has been impressing in pre-season games for West Ham.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Peterborough are reported today to be ready to put in a bid for Conor Coventry, who has been impressing in pre-season games for West Ham.

He really needs to be playing football now. As said, he's had a good preseason but west ham are not going to be handing out time on the pitch to him.

Season starts next week and he should jump at the chance to make a name for himself.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 1:11pm
They'll be able to put out a Granny Rule 11 soon enough.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 1:18pm

Conor Hourihane, Alan Judge and Daryl Murphy have all been linked with Rangers at various points in their careers and have spoken about how they had no interest in signing for them.

Kyle Lafferty was linked with Celtic as a young lad and showed little interest in signing for them.

I imagine part of it is due to the stick they'd face from family and friends back home. I think it was Judge who said something like that.

Now if Richard Sadlier was linked with Rangers, it would probably be a dream come true. He'd probably be thinking about all the books he could sell based on that alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 126>
  Share Topic