You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 126>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:18pm
John O'Sullivan has returned to Accrington Stanley on a three year deal after turning down a new contract with Morecambe, who have released Liam McAlinden.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 1:54pm
Mark McGuinness is after being snapped up by Cardiff. Good move especially if they are playing 3 at the back they aren’t exactly littered with centre backs so he should get plenty opportunities there. Seems like a Mick Mac signing too big strong lad almost a baby Shane Duffy. 

He’s building up a bit of an Irish contingent already McGuinness Collins Joel Bagan reputed to be declaring for us too. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Mark McGuinness is after being snapped up by Cardiff. Good move especially if they are playing 3 at the back they aren’t exactly littered with centre backs so he should get plenty opportunities there. Seems like a Mick Mac signing too big strong lad almost a baby Shane Duffy. 

He’s building up a bit of an Irish contingent already McGuinness Collins Joel Bagan reputed to be declaring for us too. 

Positive bump from ipswich to Cardiff. I can't say the ipswich loan was a complete success but still only 20 so the next couple of years will be see him learn a lot.

Would be good if he could get a few games here and there next season and then lock down a position the following season. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 3:38pm
Good man mick! It’s great to see a positive move this summer after some pretty underwhelming transfer news.

McGuinness looked very promising for our under 21s. While he’s got the height of Duffy he is a way ahead in terms of ability on the ball. Hopefully he gets a chance and grabs it with both hands
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 7:06pm
Excellent move for McGuinness. Meanwhile, Conor Sammon has signed for Alloa in the Scottish third tier.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 8:25pm
Alan Power has signed for St.Mirren from relegated Kilmarnock. Another Irish player brought in by Jim Goodwin.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Excellent move for McGuinness. Meanwhile, Conor Sammon has signed for Alloa in the Scottish third tier.

Great Poachential

Edited by Stimpy - 21 Jun 2021 at 8:56pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 1:01pm
West Ham reported by usually reliable source to be signing Armstrong Okoflex from Celtic, announcement imminent.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 1:42pm

West Ham reported by usually reliable source to be signing Armstrong Okoflex from Celtic, announcement imminent.

Wonder if he'll try to switch back to England now.

Celtic move was a disaster for him, but he's not the first to make that mistake.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Celtic move was a disaster for him, but he's not the first to make that mistake.

He was in our recent U19 camp I believe.
And switch to England?!
He may not even make our next squad underage, let alone get within an asses roar of a Three Lions squad!

Edited by Fozz - 22 Jun 2021 at 1:47pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 1:50pm

Pretty sure his move to Scotland meant he couldn't qualify for England through residency, and would possibly have to apply for UK citizenship.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

And switch to England?!
He may not even make our next squad underage, let alone get within an asses roar of a Three Lions squad!

He was in the last camp correct. Beauty of the switching to England argument especially concerning our young attackers is England have such a volume of depth in attacking positions unless it’s Greenwood/Foden/Sancho level literally top 5 on the planet for their age group they won’t be getting any sort of a look in at the senior team. 

I’d point to Che Adam’s who 7 years ago would have looked at Welbeck/Lambert making World Cup squads thinking I’m nearly bloody better then them to now where he knew he’d no chance hence playing to Scotland.

I have been critical of West Ham’s youth developing ability recently but with them in Europa/Conference League if they don’t qualify for that and not exactly a huge squad you may well see Odubeko Okoflex Coventry get a look in this pre season and gametime in the Cups prior to Christmas. 

Regardless Odubeko and Okoflex came through the Irish schoolboy route it’s very promising to see so much homegrown talent on the scene and by the reports he would be signed with a view to the first team. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

And switch to England?!

I agree, based on his time at Celtic he's not good enough for our Under 21s, never mind theirs (he's overage for under 19 now).

He comes across as a bit of a knob though, so if he shows some good form with West Ham Under 23s I wouldn't put it past him trying it again. He was obviously keen before when they showed an interest.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Pretty sure his move to Scotland meant he couldn't qualify for England through residency, and would possibly have to apply for UK citizenship.
Yeah that was correct. Think he was a few months short of the required 5 years or whatever it was needed. Although the rules and that have changed again so it might have opened up some loophole. From the number of times I’ve seen him he wasn’t great although the move away from Celtic might do him good! It’s wasted a number of important years from him, Luca Connell, Lee O Connor recently.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 7:20pm
Ryan Delaney has joined Morecambe from Bolton Wanderers.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 1:26am
Eoghan Stokes has joined Dumbarton from Airdrie.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 1:03am
Anthony O'Connor has joined Morecambe from Bradford and Corey Whelan has joined Carlisle from Wigan.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 24 Jun 2021 at 2:00am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 6:51am
Thomas O'Connor going to Burton Albion from Southampton.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 126>
  Share Topic