You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 86878889>
Author
Message
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Location: Co Down
Status: Online
Points: 5534
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

Is Shane Supple a former full Ireland international?


Edited by BrendanD88 - 22 Sep 2020 at 12:17pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Boston, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 2641
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

The discussion is on an earlier post where HH wrote “his brother STOLE caps” referring to Courtney Duffus who played U21 for us
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

The discussion is on an earlier post where HH wrote “his brother STOLE caps” referring to Courtney Duffus who played U21 for us


It's an expression making light of how many granny rule players Noel King called up for the sake of it. He even called up players who would literally never go on to play a senior game at a professional level [Matthew Hamilton, Wigan]. Hamilton was yet another striker called up to the U-21's seemingly for no reason other than the fact he was English, and eligible.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:26pm
Ryan Burke has joined Yeovil on loan from Birmingham.
Back to Top
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2020
Location: Belfast
Status: Offline
Points: 880
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:48pm
Where he will play alongside Courtney Duffus and Rhys Murphy, I think ?

Edited by Green Cockade - 22 Sep 2020 at 12:48pm
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

Is Shane Supple a former full Ireland international?

I would refer to Supple as an Irish international, absolutely. If you'd prefer to just say Irish call up, then whatever, fine. I still think it's a ridiculously pedantic gripe.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

Is Shane Supple a former full Ireland international?

I would refer to Supple as an Irish international, absolutely. If you'd prefer to just say Irish call up, then whatever, fine. I still think it's a ridiculously pedantic gripe.


LOL

Here is the literal definition.

"a player who has taken part in an international game or contest."


Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

The discussion is on an earlier post where HH wrote “his brother STOLE caps” referring to Courtney Duffus who played U21 for us


It's an expression making light of how many granny rule players Noel King called up for the sake of it. He even called up players who would literally never go on to play a senior game at a professional level [Matthew Hamilton, Wigan]. Hamilton was yet another striker called up to the U-21's seemingly for no reason other than the fact he was English, and eligible.

Except Duffus was clearly superior to most of the other options available at the time. He'd already played senior football for Cheltenham, and he subsequently went on to have decent scoring records for Waterford and Yeovil. He's never going to be a great player, but he was certainly not one of King's more unjustified call ups.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

The discussion is on an earlier post where HH wrote “his brother STOLE caps” referring to Courtney Duffus who played U21 for us


It's an expression making light of how many granny rule players Noel King called up for the sake of it. He even called up players who would literally never go on to play a senior game at a professional level [Matthew Hamilton, Wigan]. Hamilton was yet another striker called up to the U-21's seemingly for no reason other than the fact he was English, and eligible.

Except Duffus was clearly superior to most of the other options available at the time. He'd already played senior football for Cheltenham, and he subsequently went on to have decent scoring records for Waterford and Yeovil. He's never going to be a great player, but he was certainly not one of King's more unjustified call ups.


Evidently, he wasn't "clearly superior" FFS. Less than a year after his last U-21 call-up he was in the LOI, ironically the same league Givens and King ignored while calling up any eligible player in the top 5 leagues in England.

He never made a senior appearance for Cheltenham, either.


Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 22 Sep 2020 at 1:02pm
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

Is Shane Supple a former full Ireland international?

It blatently does. If I was to refer to say, Sean Heaney (who was in the same squad as Tyrone Duffus) as a former Ireland U-21 international, yourself and Hissyfit Hoolahan wouldn't have batted an eyelid. However, because Tyrone Duffus is English-born and has a brother who supposedly "stole caps", it became an issue.
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

The discussion is on an earlier post where HH wrote “his brother STOLE caps” referring to Courtney Duffus who played U21 for us


It's an expression making light of how many granny rule players Noel King called up for the sake of it. He even called up players who would literally never go on to play a senior game at a professional level [Matthew Hamilton, Wigan]. Hamilton was yet another striker called up to the U-21's seemingly for no reason other than the fact he was English, and eligible.

Except Duffus was clearly superior to most of the other options available at the time. He'd already played senior football for Cheltenham, and he subsequently went on to have decent scoring records for Waterford and Yeovil. He's never going to be a great player, but he was certainly not one of King's more unjustified call ups.


Evidently, he wasn't "clearly superior" FFS. Less than a year after his last U-21 call-up he was in the LOI, ironically the same league Givens and King ignored while calling up any eligible player in the top 5 leagues in England.

He never made a senior appearance for Cheltenham, either.

You're correct, it was Bury he made senior appearances for, not Cheltenham. Interesting you chose to omit that Clap
Back to Top
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Location: Co Down
Status: Online
Points: 5534
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

Is Shane Supple a former full Ireland international?

It blatently does. If I was to refer to say, Sean Heaney (who was in the same squad as Tyrone Duffus) as a former Ireland U-21 international, yourself and Hissyfit Hoolahan wouldn't have batted an eyelid. However, because Tyrone Duffus is English-born and has a brother who supposedly "stole caps", it became an issue.

Did Heaney play for the 21s?

If not then he isn’t a f**king former under 21 international! It’s that simple.
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

Is Shane Supple a former full Ireland international?

It blatently does. If I was to refer to say, Sean Heaney (who was in the same squad as Tyrone Duffus) as a former Ireland U-21 international, yourself and Hissyfit Hoolahan wouldn't have batted an eyelid. However, because Tyrone Duffus is English-born and has a brother who supposedly "stole caps", it became an issue.

Did Heaney play for the 21s?

If not then he isn’t a f**king former under 21 international! It’s that simple.

Would you have chimed in if I was talking about Heaney though, that is the point? Would you f*ck being the answer.
Back to Top
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Location: Co Down
Status: Online
Points: 5534
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

Is Shane Supple a former full Ireland international?

It blatently does. If I was to refer to say, Sean Heaney (who was in the same squad as Tyrone Duffus) as a former Ireland U-21 international, yourself and Hissyfit Hoolahan wouldn't have batted an eyelid. However, because Tyrone Duffus is English-born and has a brother who supposedly "stole caps", it became an issue.

Did Heaney play for the 21s?

If not then he isn’t a f**king former under 21 international! It’s that simple.

Would you have chimed in if I was talking about Heaney though, that is the point? Would you f*ck being the answer.

Even when you know you are wrong you keep arguing! You are one very sad individual.
Back to Top
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 628
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:53pm
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What a bizarrely pedantic quip? Are English-born players who are called up to Ireland U-21 camps and named in matchday squads not considered former Ireland U-21's anymore? Fair enough, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

English born has nothing to do with it, he never played for the 21s so how is he a former under 21 plated?

Is Shane Supple a former full Ireland international?

It blatently does. If I was to refer to say, Sean Heaney (who was in the same squad as Tyrone Duffus) as a former Ireland U-21 international, yourself and Hissyfit Hoolahan wouldn't have batted an eyelid. However, because Tyrone Duffus is English-born and has a brother who supposedly "stole caps", it became an issue.

Did Heaney play for the 21s?

If not then he isn’t a f**king former under 21 international! It’s that simple.

Would you have chimed in if I was talking about Heaney though, that is the point? Would you f*ck being the answer.

Even when you know you are wrong you keep arguing! You are one very sad individual.


Hissyfit Hoolahan LOL

I gave him the dictionary definition of what the word international means and yet he still insists on arguing. Foul language out of him as well. Triggered.


Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 22 Sep 2020 at 2:12pm
Back to Top
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Boston, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 2641
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Kevin Toner has a new club ....


Wow - Bizarre career.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Kevin Toner has a new club ....


Wow - Bizarre career.

I think he's a cautionary tale to anyone who assumes someone has made it because they've got a run of games at a big PL or Championship team.

Sean Kavanagh is another lad who people had high hopes for.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 86878889>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.