You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 126>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

ex-Hoop 18yo Sinclair Armstrong joins Torquay on loan from QPR

There was a lot of hype about this lad but very little recently. Anyone hear how he has been getting on?
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:54pm
John-Joe O'Toole joins the Irish contingent at Mansfield on a short-term deal.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 12:12pm
https://twitter.com/PunditArena/status/1460574535804141573?t=4dBCJdhko-x38Alr9gOsMg&s=19

I mean bloody hell after the previous Irish lads gone there really??
Celtic stockpile young talent anyways but this is a clear issue of the owner targeting Irish boys cause well they are Irish that managers don't want. Also the owner owning Rovers is he looking to constantly balance the books etc!

Scales is more then good enough to play for Celtic my god Celtics full backs have all disgraced themselves playing LB at one point or another. Yet the manager never gave him a run and was almost condescending when I see him talk about Scales not so long ago! 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 2:07pm
That could only be for the purposes of financial redistribution between the two owner linked clubs if it was to happen.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 4:00pm
Harvey Neville will play for Inter Miami next season after doing well at Fort Lauderdale. His dad Phil manages Inter and has cut ten players from the squad after they only finished 11th in their 14 team league.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

https://twitter.com/PunditArena/status/1460574535804141573?t=4dBCJdhko-x38Alr9gOsMg&s=19

I mean bloody hell after the previous Irish lads gone there really??
Celtic stockpile young talent anyways but this is a clear issue of the owner targeting Irish boys cause well they are Irish that managers don't want. Also the owner owning Rovers is he looking to constantly balance the books etc!

Scales is more then good enough to play for Celtic my god Celtics full backs have all disgraced themselves playing LB at one point or another. Yet the manager never gave him a run and was almost condescending when I see him talk about Scales not so long ago! 

Saw this earlier and thought surely it can't be true. Mandriou a good player and has had a great season but if Scales or McCarthy can't get a look in at Celtic what are his chances. Mentioned some clubs in Germany were looking at him, would be much better off going to one of those IMO.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 9:10pm
Rumours of a big money move for McGrath to European giants Aberdeen.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

January transfer window opens up next week, looks like a few high profile players (from and ireland perspective) will need a move. 

Adam Idah - probably an obvious one as he finds himself upfront for ireland more than he does for Norwich. If he can get a move to league1 or the championship where he'll play week in week out that would be ideal or idaheal.

Aaron Connolly - needs a run of games, confidence is shot and really needs to get back to showing what he can do. Another championship loan would be great. 

Jeff hendrick - with a big clear out expected at Newcastle its likely Jeff will be moved on. Difficult to see where his next move will take him. Likely a championship team or further afield.

Caoimhin Kelleher - must discussed on here that Kelleher is a talent but falling behind bazunu and Travers in the race for ireland number one. There wouldn't be a shortage of suiters for him it all depends on Liverpool allowing him to get some vital minutes under his belt. Would be a waste to remain on the Liverpool bench for the rest of the season.

Jamie mcgrath - needs to take the next step in his career. At 25 he's hitting his prime. A lot of talk that he has a good few teams interested.

Kelleher's going nowhere, he is #2 at LFC, they arent letting him go mid-season. Agree with the rest, asides from Idah going to League One, he shouldnt have to drop that far. I'm also not convinced Potter will let Connolly go. Mc Grath would be better waiting until May if Aberdeen is the only option.

I'll add a few others to your list
Matt Doherty - Needs to get out asap. Even if Conte gave him chances, the fans are agin him
Chiedozie Ogbene - Contract up in 6 months, think they may have an option, but surely he will have suitors in the Championship. No harm if he stays, Rotherham are going well, but he's 25 in May, so might be time to step up if there is interest.
Cyrus Christie - Not sure if he will ever have much involvement with the ROI team again barring injury, but he needs a move badly, completely frozen out at Fulham
Jason Knight - Time to move on, both for his own sake and Derby's. Needs to go somewhere where he'll play regularly. Ebosele might also have suitors, but he might be better sticking for now and getting the game time at Derby.
Scully - Injury may have robbed him of a chance, but again like Ogbene I think his contarct may be up in 6 months. Could be ready to test himself in the Championship.
Harness - Apparently there are a number of Championship teams interested
Okoflex - Might be ready for a L1 loan
The young Celtic lads O'Connor, Afolabi, Connell should be looking to get out of there on permanent deals

Sykes at Oxford and Drinan at Orient are two who might be capable of stepping up a division, but both may be better off where they are for now. There are heaps of young lads who might now benefit from loans - Furlong, Nunn, Cannon, Flynn etc.

Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 3:41pm

Caoimhin Kelleher - must discussed on here that Kelleher is a talent but falling behind bazunu and Travers in the race for ireland number one. There wouldn't be a shortage of suiters for him it all depends on Liverpool allowing him to get some vital minutes under his belt. Would be a waste to remain on the Liverpool bench for the rest of the season.

Kelleher's going nowhere, he is #2 at LFC, they arent letting him go mid-season.

I dont think that an issue, they still have their former #2 Adrian there, their former #1 Karius there as well as youth players like Jaros who has just returned having had a very successful season in the LOI winning the FAI Cup. All of whom have far more playing experience than Kelleher.

The bigger issue is finding a suitable loan for a keeper mid season. Not many clubs looking to change keeper half way through the season.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Kelleher's going nowhere, he is #2 at LFC, they arent letting him go mid-season.

I dont think that an issue, they still have their former #2 Adrian there, their former #1 Karius there as well as youth players like Jaros who has just returned having had a very successful season in the LOI winning the FAI Cup. All of whom have far more playing experience than Kelleher.

The bigger issue is finding a suitable loan for a keeper mid season. Not many clubs looking to change keeper half way through the season.

We shall see, I dont think there's a chance Kelleher leaves on loan in January, suitors or not! Adrian got us knocked out of a CL not so long ago. Kelleher is the established #2, he's going nowhere. Jaros is nowhere near Kelleher's level, in fact I doubt very much he'll be at LFC much longer with the young Brazilian Pitaluga (signed on Alisson's recommendation) doing very well at youth level and Taffarel having joined as GK coach.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 12:58am
Scully and Harness linked with Blackburn. Would be a good move for either if it came to fruition with Blackburn flying up the table.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:25am
Good night for us last night with Doherty, Kelleher and Scales all getting rare starts. Perhaps Doherty can rescue his career there yet, I did note he was on media duties for the Spurs. Scales is starting to get chances and seems to be holding his own. Kelleher's situation is awkward (for us), but all he can do is perform when he gets a chance and he did that yet again. Should get another chance in the FA Cup 3rd round and hopefully he'll be retained for the 2 LC Semis vs Arsenal.

Anybody know the story with Doyle Hayes, saw he was hooked on 34 mins?

I'm assuming Mc Grath and Ronan have the Covid?
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:26am
St Mirren had COVID issues last night.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 11:21am
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 11:28am

Good night for us last night with Doherty, Kelleher and Scales all getting rare starts. Perhaps Doherty can rescue his career there yet, I did note he was on media duties for the Spurs. Scales is starting to get chances and seems to be holding his own. Kelleher's situation is awkward (for us), but all he can do is perform when he gets a chance and he did that yet again. Should get another chance in the FA Cup 3rd round and hopefully he'll be retained for the 2 LC Semis vs Arsenal.

Anybody know the story with Doyle Hayes, saw he was hooked on 34 mins?

I'm assuming Mc Grath and Ronan have the Covid?

Can't see it to be honest. They would want to be pretty sure he is not part of their plans if they have already told him he is free to go in a transfer window which opens up in over a week away.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 7:36pm
Daniel O'Reilly - Drogheda to Hamilton
Daniel Cleary - Dundalk to St. Johnstone
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 10:45pm
James Brown - Shelbourne to Blackburn
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 11:49am
Conor Masterson and Mipo Odubeko both return to their clubs from their loan spells. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 126>
  Share Topic