Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 126>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Ah good aul Ybig, where if a player dosent make it at one of the worlds biggest clubs at 19  he is clearly useless and will never amount to anything in the game. Beyond clueless.

That's the thing though, when every single player who is capable of kicking a ball and is eligible for us has their own thread and is touted as the next big thing, the other side of that coin is that there will be someone along to say each & every one of them is overhyped. And some of them will prove to be right too. 

This main ROI section barely discusses Senior ROI players outside of match threads, it has become a section of the forum for pretend scouts, computer game players and fantasy team posters in the main. Some lads are very well clued in about various players abilities and potential, some not, they just adopt a scattergun approach and name everyone they've ever heard of. Logic dictates they can't all have the same potential and be possible future senior players for us, but you genuinely wouldn't get that impression just by reading this forum. 

It has to be said that most of these players being discussed operate well away from the main stages, so unless people have serious time & money to go watch all these players regularly, you would have to conclude that a lot (not necessarily all) of their opinions are based on brief highlights, online match reports, fans forums and computer game ratings. I think in the main, its a highly suspect method of judging players, though on the law of averages, someone will inevitably identify the next superstar or (more likely) cause celebre by accident. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:45pm
Andy Turner anyone?
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 8:47pm
Dave McMillan has joined Falkirk (now in the 3rd tier...) on a season long loan.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:41pm
Michael Harriman signs for Northampton.

Rory Gaffney joins Walsall on loan.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 1:29pm
Connor O'Grady signs for Buxton following his Sheffield Wednesday release.
We're decent enough..
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:33pm
My cousin Michael Timlin resigned with Stevenage again last Friday and went straight into the starting eleven!!! Drew 0-0 away to Forrest Green
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:11pm
That's really cool Deco79, hopefully he can kick on from there.

But you've got a typo there, it's re-signed for Stevenage. If he resigned it would be that he left the club.
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
Thumbs Up
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:30pm
Former Wexford man Eric Molloy has joined Stomil Olsztyn in the Polish second tier
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Former Wexford man Eric Molloy has joined Stomil Olsztyn in the Polish second tier

That’s him being mentioned in the eligible thread once he scores a goal 
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

A Carlow man going to take a job in Poland. Oh, how the turn tables. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:35am
Reece Ford joins Stratford following his release by Coventry.
We're decent enough..
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:33pm
Paul McShane signed for Rochdale til January 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Paul McShane signed for Rochdale til January 

Must need someone to put up and take down the Halloween and Christmas decorations.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:44pm
At least he found a club to take him on in the end. Marc Wilson and Darron Gibson are still unattached as far as I know.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
Chris McCann joins Oldham.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:54pm
Billy Clarke signs for Plymouth
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 3:22pm
Mipo Odubeko signs for West Ham
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 126>
  Share Topic