Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 126>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Partick hook Conor Sammon on a season-long loan.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:03pm

Partick land Conor Sammon on a season-long loan.

What a catch.
Hi Lads
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

Partick land Conor Sammon on a season-long loan.

What a catch.

Glad they reeled him in.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:20pm
Conor Henderson is now playing with Eastbourne in the National League South.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Conor Henderson is now playing with Eastbourne in the National League South.

Insane. Should try and get a club in LOI
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:44pm
Frank Mulhern is now with Guiseley in the National League.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 11:10pm

Frank Mulhern is now with Guiseley in the National League.
ok
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 3:46pm
Joe Quigley is at Newport on loan from Bournemouth.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 10:34pm
Ola Adeyemo is now with Norwegian side Valdres FK.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 11:48pm
Tom Cadman joined Whitehawk following his release from Brighton.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 8:55am
Padraig Amond joined Newport yesterday.

One that was missed from a few weeks ago was Sam Foley joining Northampton from Port Vale.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 4:12pm
Andy Lonergan joins Leeds
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:16pm

Andy Lonergan joins Leeds

From an article in 2010 on the subject of Lonergan declaring for us:

'Speaking as a special guest at an annual award ceremony at the University of Central Lancashire this afternoon, Lonergan revealed that he rejected a direct enquiry a couple of months ago but said he could still be open to a call up for other purposes.

The Preston born keeper said “They made an enquiry a few months ago but refused. I might change my mind. My Grandparents are Irish and my dads family are Irish but I couldn’t imagine singing another country’s national anthem. Obviously it would be financially rewarding “.'

Good to know it would be for all the right reasons...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:48pm
I really couldn't care less what a players motivations are so long as they perform. He's lined out for us at underage level and said he was willing to accept a call up around 2011/12 when Trapattoni was monitoring him. People get too wound up in McGregor-esque flag waving, it's a results game at the end of the day and so long as we get results I don't mind who we have playing for us.
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 1:06am

I really couldn't care less what a players motivations are so long as they perform. He's lined out for us at underage level and said he was willing to accept a call up around 2011/12 when Trapattoni was monitoring him. People get too wound up in McGregor-esque flag waving, it's a results game at the end of the day and so long as we get results I don't mind who we have playing for us.
Then you are missing the point of international football. We are a country, not a club. Is it because we (mostly) support British club teams that we are happy to adopt a club mentality towards our own national football team? Patriotism, national pride and identity are a big part of what international football is about, and this includes for english born players like Kilbane who identify as Irish and I'm sure KK would find your attitude equally sickening.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Then you are missing the point of international football. We are a country, not a club. Is it because we (mostly) support British club teams that we are happy to adopt a club mentality towards our own national football team? Patriotism, national pride and identity are a big part of what international football is about, and this includes for english born players like Kilbane who identify as Irish and I'm sure KK would find your attitude equally sickening.

The point of international football is exactly the same as any other type of football, to win. For example, you don't have to be a die hard Liverpool fan to be a great servant to Liverpool (Everton fan Jamie Carragher being case-in-point). Likewise you don't have to bleed green to be a great servant to Ireland. I've met plenty of Irish-born people who view the whole concept of national identity/national pride as stupid, divisive, and redundant; would you protest if MON selected someone with views like that? Or is it only when guys are born in England that you have an issue...
We're decent enough..
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 2:33am

Most frustrating post I have ever came across
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 4:19pm
Jonny Hayes is being linked with a loan move to Cardiff.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 126>
  Share Topic