You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish on the move in January ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 5:59am
How is McGeady doing this season? He linked with a January move?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

How is McGeady doing this season? He linked with a January move?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/42414/aiden-mcgeady?cc=5901

17 appearances, 14 starts, 2 goals, seems to be doing okay. hope he stays there

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 3:07pm
Duff being linked with Villa
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
EastTerracer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastTerracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

With the Euro's now just a few months away, a number of Irish players may be on the move looking for first team football to ensure they get on the plane for Poland.

Simon Cox is being linked with a number of Championship clubs. Cox know that he needs to first team football to be certain of a place in the squad. Portsmouth are tought to be interested in the striker

Keith Andrews has been on fire for Ipswich during his loan spell. Ipswich are looking to make the loan move permainent, Norwich and Swansea are also interested in the midfielder.  

Sean St Ledger move to Leicester hasn't been ideal for him. He has been in and out of the Leicester side and may look for a loan move in Jan to cement his place in the squad. I do believe that St Ledger is a cert for the trip to Poland.

Interesting interview with Andrews here - he says Ipswich haven't said anything to him about a contract and he doesn't want to go back to Blackburn (very honest of him). He also says how important it is to be playing as he wants to be ready for the summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16290202.stm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 5:09am
simon cox linked with a loan to Celtic , he'll still be on the bench but will feature more than at WBA
coldzebra View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldzebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 7:02am
Unfortunately, with the injury crisis currently gripping Old Trafford, the likelihood of a Gibson move is extremely slim. I thought he did very well against Wigan yesterday. Showed the potential he always has, just needs to add consistency and a little bit more aggression.

Although he's not good enough to start every game for United, it doesn't surprise me that Sir Alex still enjoys the luxury of having Gibson around.
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 8:46am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

simon cox linked with a loan to Celtic , he'll still be on the bench but will feature more than at WBA

Link away, Celtic are looking someone who can actually score goals.
Twitter: @ghosty1879
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 12:18pm
Think Cox could do well at Celtic. Stokes, Hooper, and himself can all share playing time. I do rate Bangura though 
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 7:23pm
Transfer window now open.... Where will St Ledger end up, i hope he gets a good move
Say nothing till you hear more
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:07am
Dundee United striker Jon Daly is being linked to a  move to West Brom or Wigan according to the Daily Record.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:23am
Conor Clifford has also returned to Chelsea
Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:56am
Clifford should stay at Yeovil at least hes getting first team football
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

Dundee United striker Jon Daly is being linked to a  move to West Brom or Wigan according to the Daily Record.

If he moves i wonder will he be another Conor Sammon??! Fair enough Sammon is getting game time of late but he never scores....
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:15am
Some amount of ex-SPL players in Wigan's squad
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm
Wigan mulling over a move for Keith Andrews according to todays papers

Also Ipswich in for Sean st Ledger
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 2:29pm
Some Italian club linked with StLedger too but wasn't named
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 2:29pm
Paul Green being linked with a move to Ipswich Town according to SSN
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 12:28pm
Quote Another Irishman that McLeish has targeted -- midfielder Keith Andrews -- has options on the table despite a hamstring problem suffered on his final loan appearance for Ipswich.

Wigan are the latest Premier League side to express an interest in the Dubliner, although Ipswich boss Paul Jewell is still hopeful of making a permanent move to end Andrews' unhappy spell at Blackburn.

"I believe his agent has met with a couple of Premier League teams this week," said Jewell. "I do think we've still got a chance though. He needs to play regularly, with the European Championships coming up and I think he enjoyed his time here.

"There are a lot of plusses on our side, but if a Premier League team offers him a good deal he'll obviously have to consider that. We're fighting for his signature."

Meanwhile, simon Cox has said he may need to leave West Brom to play regular football, but manager Roy Hodgsonintends to make it difficult for him to move on.

Hodgson is facing an injury crisis with eight first-team players out. Cox will only leave Albion if someone comes in with a "silly offer", according to Hodgson

"He is not one of the players I would be happy to see leave the club," said Hodgson. "If Manchester City or someone like that comes in and offers a lot of money, who knows?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic